Lite Version?

Asyrin

Good Afternoon Community!

I'm an experienced Skyrim Modder looking to finally check out NV while I wait for the GECK to be released for FO4.

This is by far the most detailed and active guide I've found thus far for NV. You all rock for maintaining it.

It seems rather extensive...attempting to fix and improve every aspect of the game, which is awesome. Still, for those of us looking for something practical to play the whole game through I think it can be daunting. Also, if my many years modding Skyrim have taught me anything it's to prioritize what you really want :)

In this vein, is there a Lite version of the overhaul? Something that captures the majority of the spirit but with a far higher chance of stability through an entire playthrough?

Thank you in advance for your help :)

No there is no current Lite version. I used to the writing and most of the testing by myself. I've a few people here and there over the last two years that have put time into helping me. Currently I'm not playing FNV at all, so all development is currently in the hands of MonoAccipiter and Audley. I wouldn't be able to do a stripped down guide.

I imagine there isn't much problem leaving out w/e you don't like or want. There are only a handful of mods in the guide that require other mods, so it wouldn't matter much.

I've personally mixed and matched the mods in the guide to my preference through several installs without much difficulties, so leaving out things that look too complicated or you deem not worth the effort shouldn't prove too much of a challenge. Stability varies a lot from system to system, but with NVAC the game shouldn't crash much at all if you don't start adding and removing mods ad hoc (which I'm guilty of more often than not). 

Some parts of the guide isn't completely up to date as I just recently started rewriting parts of it and Audley joined in a few days ago, so some of the mods might require you to do some puzzling on your own. Don't be afraid to ask if you're stuck at some point though. 

Supposedly Audley is going to be coming out with a Fallout New Vegas guide sometime in the future, and it will include a few variations of mod sets (for example, one might be like a survival-based variation that includes more mods that tweak the survival aspect of the game, another might be a lite variation that would be basic improvements, and a couple more)..

Supposedly Audley is going to be coming out with a Fallout New Vegas guide sometime in the future, and it will include a few variations of mod sets (for example, one might be like a survival-based variation that includes more mods that tweak the survival aspect of the game, another might be a lite variation that would be basic improvements, and a couple more)..

I'm working on it... slowly. However, due to current health issues the ETA is unknown. :\