Certain NPCs have missing face and Giant red "!"

SaikaDarkmoon

Question

So I thought I followed the Fear and Loathing guide exactly as it was written even doing all the extra steps along with it and using DDspot. 

I'm not sure what is wrong and how to find out whats wrong. I would have thought NVedit but It loads the game fine.

What happens is when I go out and find some Human based enemies, the powder gangers and some quarry workers both had a missing face, floating eyes and teeth. and a giant red ! over them. 

they functioned properly with weapons but It's obviously some sort of texture issue and idk whats wrong :( 

7 answers to this question

ok , 

did you  delete the records from FCO with TES5edit  as stated in the guide ?

A red  exclamation sign means the game cannot find  a texture file  and if only  the face is missing ,  FCO and NVR3  change those so i would start looking there 

Edited by thorgal

ok , 

did you  delete the records from FCO with TES5edit  as stated in the guide ?

A red  exclamation sign means the game cannot find  a texture file  and if only  the face is missing ,  FCO and NVR3  change those so i would start looking there 

I think the bashed patch at the end disabled some needed plugins. I just noticed I have a lot of FCO plugins off and my LODGEN 

https://puu.sh/lBMKH/73b275a572.png 

The Bashed Patcher merges most of those into the Bashed Patch so you can save plugin slots. Don't get rid of them though. Retick any mods that were purple in the Wrye Bash list too.

In the bash patch tutorial in the guide It told me to re tick 2 mods, Which I did.  

Should i re enable some of these ?

Leave the green ones unticked. In Wrye Bash you'll see the little plus sign in the box next to the plugin if it is merged to the Bashed Patch. 

Red exclamations are always some kind of missing mesh. I'd first see how many total plugins are ticked and make sure it's <135. Then maybe reinstall Spice of Life.