Mod Organizer 2 Discussion and Feedback

TechAngel85

Question

Mod Organizer 2 is now in alpha, which is the 64-bit version of MO featuring support for Fallout 4. Testers are welcome and encouraged!

Download the Alpha here: https://github.com/TanninOne/modorganizer/releases

This is not a bug report topic! Please report bugs to the GitHub issue tracker.

Thought I'd start this thread for the discussion of MO2 instead of filling the Fallout Support topic with unrelated posts.

It essentially means we will have to go back to extracting mod archives.

Bad news for modaholic with small HDD :/

Looking forward to Tannin's reply on this, I'd like to know if the feature have been removed for technical issue or by design.

• +1 1

The lack of BSA management is a real setback, but I'm hoping this can eventually be resolved.

Has anyone been able to get the INI editor to work with Skyrim? When I open the INI Editor, I get a blank dialog so I have to edit the INIs with an external editor.

I also get "Object reference not set to an instance of an object" error when installing SkyUI 5.1, so i had to repackage it without the fomod folder.

The feature has been removed because it required a lot of complex game-specific and error-prone code inside the hooking lib and caused ton of confusion, bug reports and hatred from other modders.

It made the whole PMOP business necessary which way too many people didn't understand.

The bsa management was supposed to make things more intuitive by giving assets the "expected" order, but in practice it made everything more complicated.

With MO2 my primary focus is Fallout 4 where I don't want to repeat the same mistake and non-gamebryo games where it's unnecessary.

If you need this functionality for step then you should stick with MO1.

Thanks for the information. It's not necessarily needed for STEP. It just made things easier. We're adaptable. I'll be monitoring progress and testing this as issues are fixed. Currently, I can't do much more testing for actual STEP until some things are fixed. Particularly, the FOMOD installer is messed up. I can easily work around that and other issues, but I'm attempting complete our Guide from the average user prospective. For now, I'm doing it with MO1.

Keep up the good work. I'm excited to see the new possibilities this version could bring.

I forgot to ask, does this mean that conflicts within archives will no longer show in the Conflicts tab?

So just to make sure: with the new MO I will no longer be able to load BSAs in the same order as mods in the left panel?

Tannin can confirm, but I think that is correct. It's going back to more of WB style where BSA are loaded in the same order as their ESPs. I'm also assuming this means that we won't be able to disable "empty plugins" that their sole function is to extract the BSAs. Lots of nice functionality could be missing with this change, but it will align MO better with how they're meant to be managed. Arthmoor will be happy. Haha!

Eww, that sucks, because I rely on overwriting lots of texture mods in specific order (well, just like STEP, obviously).

I can totally understand how stupidity/ignorance of users or hate from "certain" modders group made Tannin go this way though.

Guess I'll have to extract everything again :(