Mod Organizer 2 Discussion and Feedback

TechAngel85

Question

Mod Organizer 2 is now in alpha, which is the 64-bit version of MO featuring support for Fallout 4. Testers are welcome and encouraged!

Download the Alpha here: https://github.com/TanninOne/modorganizer/releases

This is not a bug report topic! Please report bugs to the GitHub issue tracker.

Thought I'd start this thread for the discussion of MO2 instead of filling the Fallout Support topic with unrelated posts.

python plugins can be developed without compiling. Tool is free choice, I like pycharm a lot.

Most plugins are C++ though. For that you need a compiler (only Visual C++ 2013 and up will work currently) and you'll want an ide. I personally prefer qt creator over the visual studio ide but most ides will work.

Hey,

I have lots of issue, yet.

I could launch MO, made some basic settings but there are issue:

- Launch FS4E crash

- Launch FO4 or Launcher after some second crash (and try to launch windowed mod)

- I can't run FO4 via MO2

- Got en error message at startuo, but this is the smallest iisue I have:

Z3bGofi.jpg

289xvf9.jpg

Yep, reports on github indicate that it doesn't work with win7 (by the look or your screenshots, you are using it). Same issue for me, so back to NMM until alpha 3 ^^

As I've wrote I could use MO, just not able to run FO4 via MO2. (so not really using it, bacuse without Laucnhing the game via MO2 I do not feel a huge sense to use this Alpha builds, instead of using NMM)

No SKSE, NO FO4, NO Launcher, ... Both ends up with CTD or similar issue. Also I still use NMM further and I am sure fix will coming.

Looking forward any updates, of course.

Edited by kranazoli

Yes, that's what I meant by "it doesn't work with win7", sorry, It was clear only in my head >_<

Aaaaa. I see! Thank you for the better explanation. But in the case I guess should be signet like that:

"Known Bugs: 32-bit support broken, overwrite dir not used, local savegames don't work."...

(it doesn't work with win7)

Edited by kranazoli

Can't help but to see Tannin as Biff Tannen from BTTF in my head (mostly old Biff, but never young Biff). Every. Damn. Time.  ::P:

I just wanted to say you do good work buddy. It must be a great feeling showing up the NMM team 24/7.  :^_^: Don't be too modest.  :;):

@tjwoosta, Local save games do not work in 2.0.2. Everything else appears to work when switching profiles. I think you still have to copy your pluging.txt file to your FO4 appdata folder in order for the game to work though, see mods. This may have changed in the current build as I have not had to do that for a while.

@gunblast, 32bit executables are broken in the current alpha.

MO2 isn't loading texture mods for some reason, or have I not set it up properly? I've set up my .inis with 

sResourceDataDirsFinal=INTERFACE\,MATERIALS\,MESHES\,SOUND\,STRINGS\,TEXTURES\,VIDEO\

bEnableFileSeletion=1

That should be it right? Posting here as I'm not sure it's an actual bug or if I've messed up somewhere.

It looks right. Be aware that you may have to restart MO a2 after you enable or disable graphic mods as noted in the bug tracker 409. The auto refresh seems to be broken as I can reproduce this.

Also note that MO will rewrite the sResourceDataDirsFinal line when the game is launched. So any modifications to that line will be overwritten.