Mod Organizer 2 Discussion and Feedback

TechAngel85

Question

Mod Organizer 2 is now in alpha, which is the 64-bit version of MO featuring support for Fallout 4. Testers are welcome and encouraged!

Download the Alpha here: https://github.com/TanninOne/modorganizer/releases

This is not a bug report topic! Please report bugs to the GitHub issue tracker.

Thought I'd start this thread for the discussion of MO2 instead of filling the Fallout Support topic with unrelated posts.

Note that it will still be possible to "bundle up" extracted loose files from a BSA archive in a .7z or whatever and add that as a manual mod to MO, meaning you can enable/disable the "bundle" at will, as well as move it around to overwrite/have overwritten its files relative to other mods as you see fit. It may be slightly less flexible since it forces the move to the "loose files layer", but it is still far more flexible than manually managing overwriting files in Data\ or managing all of this with e.g., NMM…

The bsa extractor being missing isn't intentional nor final. As you know i moved my repository to github and split it up into smaller repos. The bsa extractor (like all plugins) is now its own repo which i probably forgot to include in the build.

Btw.: if anyone feels like adopting this or any other plugin repo, just say the word ;)

im using mo and it works great, except that when a new esp. is added, when i launch the game through mo2 for fallout 4, the esp is not active and i have to go into local appdata and add the esp name to the text file manually. anyone have an answer to this? dont really want to have to manually add manually.

The bsa extractor being missing isn't intentional nor final. As you know i moved my repository to github and split it up into smaller repos. The bsa extractor (like all plugins) is now its own repo which i probably forgot to include in the build.

Btw.: if anyone feels like adopting this or any other plugin repo, just say the word ;)

By "adopting" you mean "keep up the code updates and compatibility for the rest of programme as you won't be spending as much time on that plugin anymore"?  ::):

Haven't visited your github in depth yet, but is there a place where you documented a bit more how to write plugins ? (I remember some people asking this on the sourceforge forum).

I'm have my personnal ENB/ReShade manager and was thinking about re-coding it with a nicer pattern, so most of the actual functions would be in an external dll, and then re-code the interface directly as an MO plugin.

Haven't visited your github in depth yet, but is there a place where you documented a bit more how to write plugins ? (I remember some people asking this on the sourceforge forum).

I'm have my personnal ENB/ReShade manager and was thinking about re-coding it with a nicer pattern, so most of the actual functions would be in an external dll, and then re-code the interface directly as an MO plugin.

Agree, if plugin support is going to mainly be handed off, there needs to be some documentation. I've never seen any myself or I would have messed around with the FOMOD installer already.

The plugin api is extensively documented in the headers. There are over 20 plugins as samples including simple hello world samples. This should be enough to get you started if you really want to contribute.

The bsa extractor isn't even 150 lines of code, most of it boilerplate. I really doubt documentation in necessary for that...