Easy Wheelmenu (by Kesta)

Kesta

Hey there !

This a small & shameless self-advertising  ::P:

Nexus mod page : https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/69878/?

Just released a "wheel menu" that give quick access to Campfire / iNeed / Bathing in Skyrim features.

69878-0-1442779956.jpg

Posting it here as I figured some folks using SR:LE might be interested to reduce the number of hotkeys they use. There isn't, and won't be, support for frostfall in its current version (Since 3.0 is supposed to be mostly based on Campfire).

I already had request for Hunterborn, and plane for making something similar for Immersive Horses (and maybe Convenient Horses) as well.

Cheers,

Kesta

Edited by Kesta
  • +1 1

How you can play this game on a controller is beyond me... Keyboard + Mouse = Best FPS experience. Analog sticks are just too unresponsive for me, and the number of buttons not enough for this kind of game. If it works for you, great, just not sure how you can pull it off.

Haha, I generally don't care much about responsiveness because I don't play (many) shooters. I play most games with a 360 controller, it just feels right. And it allows me to sit on the couch while playing. I actually love Skyrim's archery with a controller :p You're right about the lack of buttons, people have come up with creative ideas for controller layouts to free up more hotkeys on the Nexus, but I'm still playing with the default layout. In general I just don't use hotkeys apart from iHud (d-pad right) and I navigate all menus with the sticks *shrug*

Hah! Okay you win.

Anyway I tried loading this mod up and the detection of iNeed and Campfire seems to fail. I don't have Bathing in Skyrim installed because I don't like it. I read the bug report on the Nexus and I guess I'll wait for v2.0 before messing around with it. It was possible to assign 'd-pad left' as hotkey so I'm very stoked for this to work :D

Yeah, lot of user report this, but I can't reproduce it on my own setup :/ But the whole implementation was shaggy so it's not that surprising.

Completely reworked the mod anyway. Though I might have gone a bit too far with technicity, I think newly released Mator's merge plugin won't be able to handle it xD

This will be very useful once the new Frostfall is out. :)

New version is out. It now support addons. I made one for Frostfall 2.6 as proof-concept. As I know how meticulous you are with mods you install and use, your feedback would be greatly appreciated  ::P:

Did I never mention that my 'monitor' is 60 inches, my keyboard/mouse are wireless, and I get all the fun of sitting on the couch while playing as well?

Controller still loses. :)

Glad to see you have it at least quasi working with FF 2.6, I'm just wondering how long it will take to get compatibility with the new one, given it's a complete rewrite of the code, from what I understand.