W3R: The Wild Hunt Revisited (Witcher 3)

Neovalen

Yikes, ugly. Hrm, wonder why it works for me and not you guys...

Did you try setting something like 4000 instead?

Now my witcher doesn't open. Before this opens sometimes, now i try several times and the witcher load infinite in task manager. 

I'm now having the same problem as Lordx1: after following the guide, I have practically no textures in-game and the game often does not start at all (except to run as a useless background process consuming resources). I should note that "Vanilla Lighting Enhanced" is no longer available from Mishikedman, so I installed his newer "Wiedzmin Lighting Mod" instead. There was potential for a conflict between this and "Skellige Ice Breath," so I uninstalled the latter and was able to start the game, but still had the texture issue. I tried lowering my texture memory budget to 4000 (as I have 8GB VRAM on my GTX1070), but this somehow reintroduced the problem with the game not starting.

Update: I got it working. After reinstalling all mods, I merged all of the texture mods together (ModCiriLoreFriendlyFull, modGeraltChestHair, modGeraltHWwhiteBeard, modGerskinHoS, modGerSkinNoHair, modHDReworkedProject, modNoDirtyLensEffect, modNoScreenWaterDrops, modOrnamentedKnife, modToxicityCleanFaceAndScreen, and modWitchereye), not just the 8 mentioned in that section of the STEP guide. I can now set TextureMemoryBudget to 4000 and play the game smoothly. Setting it to 4096 still gives me missing textures.

I'm at the step of merging several texture mods together... I'm not sure if something is wrong or not, but the mod merger has stalled/stayed/not-moved or updated since I clicked the Merge! button.

this is what the program is telling me:

Merging process started!
Uncooking: C:\Games\W3\mods\modCiriLoreFriendlyFull\content
Process errror: 0

Uncooking...

and it's said that for 30ish minutes now...

Hello Neo ( and community here ), I have several questions that I need help with if possible. I finally picked up GOTY edition off of GOG having neither of the expansions the last play-through. I had used Rootstrat's guide back during that time.  I'm fairly familiar with modding, but I could use some clarification on several points that are not entirely clear to me in this guide.

Never have used the "Mod Merger" as I don't think it was available several years back. The install instructions for this aren't real clear ( at least to me ).  Where does this get installed too?  Does it get installed into the mod tools directory? The main game folder directory?  Exactly where, or does it matter?

Also, the guide says to "create a working area".  Does it matter where this work area is?   When I attempted to do what is written, the last 3 areas ( folders that I named Cooked, Packed, Uncooked ) were still "Red", even after I pointed to those 3 folders that I created within the TW3ModMerging folder I created. Perhaps I don't have the TW3ModMerging folder in the correct place? I'm probably being a moron and overlooking something obvious.

Any help from anyone, that can help clear things up would be very appreciated. Thanks in advance! 

No worries, after a bit of additional web searching I found the answer elsewhere.

Witcher 3 Mod Merger - Download the main file and open it. Extract the W3ModMerger.exe file to the TheWitcher3 folder and there create Uncooked, Cooked, Packed folders. Then open the file  and on the line below the Path to wcc_lite.exe select the "..." button, go to TheWitcher3\W3Tools\bin\x64 folder and double click on the wcc_lite.exe file. Then select ok on the top right corner. In the new tab under the path to TheWitcher3 Mods folder line select the "..." button and select the Mods folder in the TheWitcher3 main one. Close the program then.

Edited by Falion

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone else getting mod merger errors when merging beautiful rocks and the knife mod? It gives me a bunch of errors.

Also, I think the texturememory budget value is hard to determine. I have an 8 gb card but a value of 4096 messes up my game. A value of 2000 works well for some reason.

Edited by DoYouEvenModBro

Anyone else getting mod merger errors when merging beautiful rocks and the knife mod? It gives me a bunch of errors.

Also, I think the texturememory budget value is hard to determine. I have an 8 gb card but a value of 4096 messes up my game. A value of 2000 works well for some reason.

No errors merging Beautiful Rocks and Ornamental Knife (I've done it multiple times).

Texturememory budget of 4096 also gives me the smooth textures bug using a 1080 Ti. A value of 4000 works just fine.

If anyone has FPS to spare, check out Beautiful Grass - it's amazing. You can adjust the grassdensity setting to mitigate the performance hit (the modder recommends a value of 8000 compared to the max vanilla value of 2400.... I'm using 4000 and it seems to be a decent compromise).

[edit: typos, wow]

Edited by EthanII

No errors merging Beautiful Rocks and Ornamental Knife (I've done it multiple times).

Texturememory budget of 4096 also gives me the smooth textures bug using a 1080 Ti. A value of 4000 works just fine.

If anyone has FPS to spare, check out Beautiful Grass - it's amazing. You can adjust the grassdensity setting to mitigate the performance hit (the modder recommends a value of 8000 compared to the max vanilla value of 2400.... I'm using 4000 and it seems to be a decent compromise).

[edit: typos, wow]

Is there a limit to how many mods you can merge with mod merger? I didn't try merging only those 2 but when I combine it with my other mods it gives me errors