W3R: The Wild Hunt Revisited (Witcher 3)

Neovalen

Yeah, exact same problem I am having.  I can confirm that the problem still exists when not using the "Lore-friendly" mods and the "chest hair for Geralt" mod.  Haven't tried it without the "Geralt hairworks colors and beard styles" yet.

Sounds like you guys are hitting the mod limit. Neovalen can likely explain this better than I can, but in my experience the mod limit is "soft". When I get close to it I will have problems like you describe, where sometimes the game doesn't start even though witcher3.exe is running in Task Manager. Or, I might be able to get into the game normally, but certain textures will fail to load. Generally if I add more mods I then get the classic "infinite loading screen" bug. I think the mod limit varies from person to person, so while Neovalen may be able to run this guide without issues you may not.

The secret is to merge everything you possibly can using Mod Merger. Neovalen suggests a rather conservative merge IMHO. I merge damn near everything that Mod Merger will allow me to (granted, I run additional mods on top of this guide). DJ_Kovrik's post below lists some mods (including Halk Hogan's HDRP) that should not be merged even though Mod Merger will technically allow it:

https://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/1931/?tab=posts

Edited by EthanII

Does "Improved Particle Systems" conflict at all with Compilation v1.0 alpha? I still use the old compilation mod and I'm pretty sure if also effects rain/snow.

I don't know but script merger should show it in conflicts window if so.

Neovalen guides have always been pretty spot on.  The skyrim one was amazing though I seem to be hitting a mod limit for textures like the rest of you guys.  I have been trying different mergers between mods to see what works and what doesn't but with little luck of a stable game or endless loading screens etc.  Sometimes it'll work from mod manager right away and sometimes it takes a couple of tryes to get the game to load.  Also I'm not sure if anyone has run into a hard crash when using the mod list where the screen has a bunch of white squares all over it.  This doesn't seem to happen in the unmodded game but when I get it working it'll happen randomly when walking around or fighting.  Usually that describes a video card error or lack of power but I've tested in both furmark and Heaven with almost full power draw for 20 minute cycles with out any issues.  Any suggestions.    

Processor: i7 6700kk @ 4.0 Ghz 
Motherboard: Asus Z170 Deluxe 
Memory: Corsair Dominator 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3000 
Video Card:
 EVGA GTX 1080 TI FTW3 
Hard Drive (OS): Samsung 950 PRO 256GB SSD 
Hard Drive (Steam): Samsung 850 PRO 256GB SSD  

Monitor: Asus pg348Q

I don't know but script merger should show it in conflicts window if so.

So Script Merger doesn't seem to be detecting any conflicts between Compilation & Improved Particle Systems, which is weird because I could have sworn multiple people reported conflicts. Perhaps I don't have any because I used the recommended NoShaders version? It also could be because I use an old Compilation version 1.0 alpha instead of 3.1. 3.1 added much more so that's probably where those conflicts came from for those other people.

I DO however see a ton of conflicts between KNGR More Blood (i am using a really old version and have not switched to brutal blood yet) and Improved Particle Systems. Which mod would you recommend I give priority to in mods.settings? Will giving Improved Particle Systems priority fix the issue?

Edited by DoYouEvenModBro

any errors are pebkap

slow down and follow the guide

i love your guide for this game i am loving every minute of it

i loved your skyrim guide but my old laptop could not handle it

i hope you get a SSE bug in your ass soon

we all thank you

neo

you are the one

Edited by troy559grenade

any errors are pebkap

slow down and follow the guide

i love your guide for this game i am loving every minute of it

i loved your skyrim guide but my old laptop could not handle it

i hope you get a SSE bug in your ass soon

we all thank you

neo

you are the one

Glad you are enjoying. :)

Was thinking of using vortex for this witcher 3 build. Any reason you can think of that it won't be able to handle?

W3MM does a lot of config file manipulations for you, I don't believe vortex has this functionality yet.

I seem to be hitting a limit somewhere. If I install down the list, merging after every group, I can't get install improved particle systems and have the game still run. It just hangs in the task manager. If I merge more mods, then I can install it and it works just fine. Problem is, I don't know what order the merge files should be in to get the correct overwrite. Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks!

So I have booted up my Witcher 3 game again (I am determined to actually complete this game at some point). Does anyone else feel that level is painfully slow I am only level 10. I am curious have any of you guys tweaked Ghost mode I am still playing on broken bones difficulty cos I am a wuss and Death March is just to difficult and frastating for me with Ghost Mode.

Sounds like you guys are hitting the mod limit. Neovalen can likely explain this better than I can, but in my experience the mod limit is "soft". When I get close to it I will have problems like you describe, where sometimes the game doesn't start even though witcher3.exe is running in Task Manager. Or, I might be able to get into the game normally, but certain textures will fail to load. Generally if I add more mods I then get the classic "infinite loading screen" bug. I think the mod limit varies from person to person, so while Neovalen may be able to run this guide without issues you may not.

The secret is to merge everything you possibly can using Mod Merger. Neovalen suggests a rather conservative merge IMHO. I merge damn near everything that Mod Merger will allow me to (granted, I run additional mods on top of this guide). DJ_Kovrik's post below lists some mods (including Halk Hogan's HDRP) that should not be merged even though Mod Merger will technically allow it:

https://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/1931/?tab=posts

Would you mind sharing a screenshot of your merge list so I can see which mods you merged and the order in which you merged them? I'm having some issues with a mod limit and I'd like to have a proper conflict resolution order to work from.