W3R: The Wild Hunt Revisited (Witcher 3)

Neovalen

Would you mind sharing a screenshot of your merge list so I can see which mods you merged and the order in which you merged them? I'm having some issues with a mod limit and I'd like to have a proper conflict resolution order to work from.

Here you go: https://i.imgur.com/IdNPlXK.jpg

Generally you don't want ANY conflicts in Mod Merger. To check for them, tick all the mods that you're planning on merging and then hit the "Conflicts" button at the top. Hopefully nothing shows up in the box on the right hand side of the screen. Nearly every time I've tried to merge mods that conflict it hasn't gone well, regardless of where I put them in Mod Merger's list. If you do have two mods that edit the same mesh or texture, you're best to put only one of them in your merge and then edit your mods.settings file to decide which one wins. For example, both "Lore-Friendly Silver Swords" and Rustine's mods edit several of the witcher swords, so I put LfSS in my merge but have modArmorModsRustine set as higher priority than [mod0000_MergedPack] so that Rustine's stuff wins. Once you have completed your merge and have edited your mods.settings file, use Script Merger to ensure that the proper mods are winning conflicts.

One more tip: official DLC counts towards the mod limit too. Brutal Blood was throwing me over the mod limit (it has two DLC bundles in addition to it's Mods bundle, and I have no idea how to merge DLC bundles), so I uninstalled the Skellige Armor Set (I'm not a fan) by unclicking it in Steam. As soon as I did that I was good to go.

Hope this helps!

Actually, that should help a lot! I'll have to try playing around with it some more when I get home.

Had no idea about the DLC thing... That's probably the source of all my issues, because I have like every pack installed. I'll pare it down to only the ones I want and try going through the guide again.

Does anyone know if Improved Particle Systems should have priority over Brutal Blood? Or vice versa? Script Merger detected a conflict.

I looked at my Script Merger window and see the following:

Bundled Non-text - Not Mergeable
    fx\blood\bies\bies_blood_fx.w2p
      modBrutalBlood
      modImprovedParticleSystemsNoShaders

Script Merger doesn't merge "Bundled Non-text - Not Mergeable". These mods were not assigned a priority based on Neovalen's guide, so the priority winner will be based on the mod name alphabetically. In this case, all files that conflict between modBrutalBlood and modImprovedParticleSystemsNoShaders will be given priority to modBrutalBlood.
Edited by AiKiXeN

I looked at my Script Merger window and see the following:

Bundled Non-text - Not Mergeable
    fx\blood\bies\bies_blood_fx.w2p
      modBrutalBlood
      modImprovedParticleSystemsNoShaders

Script Merger doesn't merge "Bundled Non-text - Not Mergeable". These mods were not assigned a priority based on Neovalen's guide, so the priority winner will be based on the mod name alphabetically. In this case, all files that conflict between modBrutalBlood and modImprovedParticleSystemsNoShaders will be given priority to modBrutalBlood.

For whatever reason, script merger is saying that ImprovedParticleSystemsNoShaders is winning the conflict for me. Should I make it so BrutalBlood wins?

Stupid question.  After the mod texture merge, do I deselect those mods from the mod manager?  I didn't see a step to do that but should it be done?

edit

Stupid questions continue.  I'm getting script merge question to choose between the merge mod and a later mod in the load order.  I'm assuming this is because I didn't deactivate the mods that I merged?

Finally, I think I screwed up the script merge because I'm not getting the merge conflict that were listed in the guide since the first go at it where I messed them up.  How do I revert the script mod to be initial to start again fresh?

Edited by mcshame

these are the errors I get

Error [mod0000_mergedfiles]game\gui\menus\journalquestmenu.ws(570): I dont know any 'sortingMode'
Error [mod0000_mergedfiles]game\gui\menus\journalquestmenu.ws(572): I dont know any 'sortingMode'

Warning [content0]engine\environment.ws(30): Global native function 'EnableDebugOverlayFilter' was not exported from C++ code.
Warning [content0]engine\environment.ws(32): Global native function 'EnableDebugPostProcess' was not exported from C++ code.
Warning [content0]engine\showflags.ws(11): Global native function 'DebugSetEShowFlag' was not exported from C++ code.

Ok, everything looks like it's working however I was unsuccessful to install Sort Everything and Unread Descriptions together.  I selected C for the conflict, I got the error listed above.  When I selected B, it get a corresponding error for unread descriptions. I deactivated the unread descriptions mod and of course that solved the problem.

However, maybe I don't understand how to do the script merges correctly.  When it says: 

"Conflict 1: Select Line(s) from C then B (Order Important)"

I go to the question mark, right click and select C.  There is nothing else I can select at that time and the B was already automatically selected in the lines below.  So I save and exit.  If I did that correctly, then I can't merge these scripts without an error.

I'm I doing this wrong? 

For whatever reason, script merger is saying that ImprovedParticleSystemsNoShaders is winning the conflict for me. Should I make it so BrutalBlood wins?

In Script Merger, does it actually show modImprovedParticleSystemsNoShaders with a priority number? Because if so, I'm not sure why? Mine shows both mods having No Priority. I'm pretty sure Brutal Blood needs to win the conflict. Improved Particle Systems covers a lot of different particle effects for signs, environments and blood, but the blood effects will conflict with Brutal Blood.

Based on the install order of the guide, Brutal Blood gets installed just before Improved Particle Systems, and its mod name comes first alphabetically, so Brutal Blood needs to win the conflict.

Ok, everything looks like it's working however I was unsuccessful to install Sort Everything and Unread Descriptions together.  I selected C for the conflict, I got the error listed above.  When I selected B, it get a corresponding error for unread descriptions. I deactivated the unread descriptions mod and of course that solved the problem.

However, maybe I don't understand how to do the script merges correctly.  When it says: 

"Conflict 1: Select Line(s) from C then B (Order Important)"

I go to the question mark, right click and select C.  There is nothing else I can select at that time and the B was already automatically selected in the lines below.  So I save and exit.  If I did that correctly, then I can't merge these scripts without an error.

I'm I doing this wrong? 

Before choosing a line:

https://i.imgur.com/tV8re9a.gif

After choosing Line C:

https://i.imgur.com/gPrtkq5.gif

After choosing Line C...also choose Line B and the finished, non-conflicting merge will look like this:

https://i.imgur.com/1hb12u0.gif

Choosing Line C will add the one Unread Desciptions line. Once that line is added down below, right click the newly added line and select to add lines from B. Since three of the lines from B are already added to the Output window below, selecting B will just add the line that starts with var SortingMode...and that solves the conflict.

Hope that helps.

Edited by AiKiXeN

I think Improved Particle Systems is winning the priority for me because of something in my mods.settings file. I just made sure that Brutal Blood wins.

One last question....The Aard should have priority over yrdenlightsources, correct? Script merger showed one conflict for them.

OK. I don't have anything in my mods.settings file for either of those two mods, so that's why mine don't have any priority...but you did the wright thing in making sure Brutal Blood wins.

As for The Aard...yes. In the guide, it was given a Priority 4 in the mods.settings file, so it will and should definitely win any conflict over the Yrden mod.