Testing, Testing! MO not working.

Ethan

Question

After taking a break from modding I decided to come back by replaying fallout 3 in anticipation for F4. I started on this guide and have worked up UIO section(I skipped the Core fixes like the guide suggested). Anyway my problem is that when I launch the game none of my mods work. Atleast none of the mods installed using MO do. Things like the windows live disabler and ENBoost work, but their not in the MO directory. My MO is installed in my fallout directory. I think I have found what the error is, but don't know how to fix it. I'm posting my MO logs as I believe that shows the error. It says at the bottom that it can't support 64 bit systems. Anyway, I hope this is a really easy fix;. Let me know if I need to provide any other kind of files and I'll quickly do so.

ModOrganizer_15_08_13_01_24_1.log.txt

Edited by Ethan

10 answers to this question

Have you 'patched' or otherwise modified the Fallout executable in any way? The log is saying Fallout Launcher is being called, it shouldn't be, and that it is a 64bit file, it isn't.

Aside from that the logs show all your mods are loading correctly.

There is one point though. As most of those mods will need FOSE to work you will need to be calling the FOSE loader from MO, not the vanilla Fallout game and especially not the launcher.

The first few line sof the log should be like this:

INFO (21:24:59.0661): Windows 6.2 (workstation)
INFO (21:24:59.0661): hook.dll v2.7.5
INFO (21:24:59.0661): Code page: 1252
INFO (21:24:59.0661): injecting to F:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Fallout 3 goty\fose_loader.exe

assuming you have FOSE installed correctly.

Unfortunately It seems like I have same problem as the guy in this thread: https://forum.step-project.com/topic/7693-fallout-3-goty-application-load-error-50000065434-when-launching-fose-from-within-mo/page-3

When I revert back to the original launcher I get the same error as that guy. When I use the modified launcher the game loads, but the mods don't work. So wierd. I am willing to take suggestions if you have any. I even tried installing the FOSE version thats not in beta, but no luck there. I may have to wait this one out or try TTW

Alright, I appreciate the effort anyway. I guess this has something to do with steam and the launcher, but what do I know. Its just odd when I look at the FalloutLauncher.log it says:

=================START=================
8/13/2015 1:53:31 AM
Steam FalloutLauncher (1.2)

FOSE path: "fose_loader.exe"
Fallout 3 Launcher path: "FalloutLauncher_ORG.exe"
Mod Organizer path: "Mod Organizer\ModOrganizer.exe"

I'm using the modified Fallout 3 launcher. Its like it still treats the orginal launcher file as the one executing even though I renamed it. Thats my last best guess. Cheers!

That's the first time I've seen anything mentioned about a Steam renamed Fallout launcher. Wow!

Okay, where does that file sit in scheme of things? Is it in the Fallout folder, Steam folder?

If you create an executable setting in MO and point it to that exe what happens?

Oh wait, is that this mod?

I may have done  something wrong when I installed. When I open the game from steam, MO automatically opens(I have --start mo in my launch parameters). I then proceed to start the game with FOSE in MOD organizer by pressing 2 when the launcher executes again, Is that suppose to happen? Cause the mods don't work.

So are you calling FOSE or the launcher from MO after using this tool to enable Steam overlays?

It sounds like you are loading MO by means of this mod/tool but then calling it again and then trying to start FOSE. I believe you should just start FOSE from MO once it is up and running.