Mythic Dawn: 2015 Update Discussion & Changelog

SynthetikHD

Not sure if I said this before, but I don't really like the squares/modular aspect of the guide. I think it should just be a straightforward installation with a few optional mods here and there.

The reason I say this is because, well for one, just because a mod is marked a certain color, you don't really know why. I feel it leads to, "So why is this certain mod orange? Is it not lore friendly? Is it performance heavy? Have the guide authors not tested it thoroughly? Does it require many patches to be operational?" You don't really know. I tried to take out a most of the red mods, (moved them to the faq so you still have them) because what really is the point of having mods in the guide that have no testing or instructions done since users won't install them anyway.

(came out a bit longer than i expected, just my thoughts)

Even thought it may not be easier, I like it because its fairly unique. I believe the limit for this guide is MediaWiki.

Funny thought, I could branch the guide into an application XD

The reason I say this is because, well for one, just because a mod is marked a certain color, you don't really know why. I feel it leads to, "So why is this certain mod orange? Is it not lore friendly? Is it performance heavy? Have the guide authors not tested it thoroughly? Does it require many patches to be operational?" You don't really know. I tried to take out a most of the red mods, (moved them to the faq so you still have them) because what really is the point of having mods in the guide that have no testing or instructions done since users won't install them anyway.

For the most part, those question should be answered in the Description or the Notes.

The red ones where from me wanting to make note of it and to avoid people suggesting the same mod repeatedly. Its more of a, "I want to include it but I ran into some issues" sort of scenario.

I believe the limit for this guide is MediaWiki.

Funny thought, I could branch the guide into an application XD

You just imaging? Not quite sure how it would transcend from a wiki guide, to an application. lol.

As for the notes and description indicating why the mod is in its certain category, quite a few of the mods don't even have notes or even a description, lol. And the ones that do don't really explain why they are in the category. Also I feel including in the notes of the mods a description of why it was selected to be put in that category would kind of just bloat the guide adding lots of info that isn't probably won't be super useful or needed most of the time.

You could save space by using numbers or symbols to represent "not lore friendly", "not fully tested", "will potentially experience issues under certain mod configurations", etc.

Yes Hish that looks better thanks, if applied to the rest of the document that would help me finalize my choices for the setup I want to try. I'm not deviating tremendously, though I do plan to try out Maskar's Oblivion Overhaul.

Just a heads up, I'm using this guide and using the following combination:

- Roads of Cyrodiil

- Better Cities

- Unique Landscapes (Imperial Isle)

- UL Compatibility Patches

- RoC Compatibility Patches

- BC Aristocrat - UL:II Patch

The RoC bridge at cell NRB4EastIslandTowerExt <12,17> abruptly ends and the guard tower partially floats. I suspect we need a new RoC / BC / UL:II patch.

I'm actually using that patch instead of the BC_Aristocrat_UL_Patch from the guide. You might want to think of replacing it, as well. It seems to do the same job but covers all of the Imperial Isle, not just the area around the Aristocrat District. 

Anyways, I found the solution. It was an incompatibility with the Physics Enabled Immersive Prison Sewer Exit mod (also from the guide) and its UL:II patch. I just removed the mod since I can easily live without it lol.

I'm actually using that patch instead of the BC_Aristocrat_UL_Patch from the guide. You might want to think of replacing it, as well. It seems to do the same job but covers all of the Imperial Isle, not just the area around the Aristocrat District. 

Anyways, I found the solution. It was an incompatibility with the Physics Enabled Immersive Prison Sewer Exit mod (also from the guide) and its UL:II patch. I just removed the mod since I can easily live without it lol.

Are you using the FPS patch for Better Cites?

I tested things out after installing nearly everything per the guide's instructions, but avoiding a number of the quest mods and substituting MOO for FCOM, and so far everything is working perfectly and looks fantastic. Thank you all for your hard work, dedication to the community, and attention to detail.

Szorn

Edited by Szorn