Mythic Dawn: 2015 Update Discussion & Changelog

SynthetikHD

Hi again everyone.

So I went through the fabulous process of uninstalling Mod Organizer and reinstalling everything through Wrye Bash...

Do you mind if I ask what exactly was your reason(s) for dumping MO in favour of WB?

I know there are some issues with using the Steam version of Oblivion and some OBSE plugins, was it this or something else? Not trying to convert you back to MO, just curious to find the reasons as I have never faced any of them.

• 1 month later...

On the subject of MO and Oblivion, I have a question... is there some setting in MO that I need to change to help it understand some of the BAIN installers in the MD Guide?

The large majority are perfectly fine. I see some where there are numbered folders to select and they install fine. There are a few that have interactive "choose this, are you using that" options that do work (such as Better Cities) but there are also some such as AWLS and UL Compatibility Patches that are ignored and I only see the list of 010, 020 etc... folders. I had to stop at that point.

I have managed to completely resolve the OBSE issues (by checking the MO data structure to see which mods are putting things in the OBSE/plugins folder, moving those files manually in the the data/OBSE/plugins folder and starting MO itself as a scripted plugin). It is just the issue with BAIN installers that is the final thing stopping me using MO with the guide.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all,

Feeling nostalgic and was going to set up and play an Oblivion build.  Thought I would try this one minus the FCOM stuff, tried that once and it was a disaster.  I am stuck at OBSE.  It will not work.  I've googled, searched, tried the old Windows Vista obse_loader.exe fix, and followed the OBSE readme instructions, installing OBSE Data folder, obse_1_2_416.dll, obse_editor_1_2.dll, obse_steam_loader.dll, with Steam Overlay turned on and off and tried it with obse_loader.exe also installed.  Both OBSE Test Plugin and RefScope say it's not working.  I'm on Windows 7 64bit and using Wrye Bash and Boss.  I'm about to pull my hair out.  Any ideas?

Hi all,

Feeling nostalgic and was going to set up and play an Oblivion build. Thought I would try this one minus the FCOM stuff, tried that once and it was a disaster. I am stuck at OBSE. It will not work. I've googled, searched, tried the old Windows Vista obse_loader.exe fix, and followed the OBSE readme instructions, installing OBSE Data folder, obse_1_2_416.dll, obse_editor_1_2.dll, obse_steam_loader.dll, with Steam Overlay turned on and off and tried it with obse_loader.exe also installed. Both OBSE Test Plugin and RefScope say it's not working. I'm on Windows 7 64bit and using Wrye Bash and Boss. I'm about to pull my hair out. Any ideas?

Try running Steam with administrator rights. I had the same problem and this fixed it for me.

Try running Steam with administrator rights. I had the same problem and this fixed it for me.

I had it set that way, and Steam threw a warning saying it (Steam) wouldn't work, so I turned it off.  Just did what you said and it worked.

Thanks, what a headache.  Steam Lies!  LoL.   I'm glad I didn't have that problem with Skyrim.  Lost my darn Non-Steam version of Oblivion during a move a few years back.

Yeah, I've been disconnected from this thread because the guide is a mess and I can fix it but I am not good with descriptions or explanations. I've been intermittently fixing this guide on a different page but its slow and will be lacking in explanations and details. If anyone doesn't mind rewording some snips(a paragraph or two) shoot me a pm.

Doh - it was all of the mods with BAIN Wizards. According to the MO Wiki, BAIN Wizards are not supported.

BAIN is supported as its just a file structure but the Wizard.txt installers are definitely not.

Do you mind if I ask what exactly was your reason(s) for dumping MO in favour of WB?
I know there are some issues with using the Steam version of Oblivion and some OBSE plugins, was it this or something else? Not trying to convert you back to MO, just curious to find the reasons as I have never faced any of them.

The reasons I can see is that if one cant fully utilize MOs ability then it requires some micromanaging. For me its just easier to just use one program that lacks in a few fields.

And also Oblivion has several wizard.txt installers which are difficult to install without them.

• 2 weeks later...