Slight hang-up on menus; menu folder in overwrite?

Leithreas

Question

Hello!

I have slowly worked out the kinks in installing F&L, mostly through my own misunderstanding as well as initially using 1.2.8 of MO instead of 1.3.8. That may be related to this, but I doubt it. Anyway! The only issue I have now is that when I hit escape to go to the menu, or sometimes when I activate someone to check for loot, my game hangs for a second or two and the music starts to loop as if it's crashed. I have never actually crashed from this, it fixes itself after a few seconds, but I thought I would see if there is a way to fix this that people know about.

Could it be that my computer simply isn't built to run all the mods and I'm getting near the edge of what F:NV and my computer together can handle? So it takes a few seconds to parse all the MCM and mod stuff for the escape menu, or to go through the loot tables? Is this a standard thing in F:NV that I just have to accept, perhaps?

The other thing I noticed, and not sure if it's connected or not, is that I have a menus folder in my MO overwrite folder. I have a UI folder too, but I know it is supposed to be there. Is it the same with the menu folder for MCM and that is irrelevant to my issue? Or maybe it's irrelevant but also weird to have it there?

Thanks for any advice.

2 answers to this question

Hello!

I have slowly worked out the kinks in installing F&L, mostly through my own misunderstanding as well as initially using 1.2.8 of MO instead of 1.3.8.

Apparently, this is a very common issue.  It keeps being brought up.  Just curious (to get a better understanding of why people are installing the older version of MO over the newest version) - what led you to choose downloading 1.2.8 over 1.3.8?

The other thing I noticed, and not sure if it's connected or not, is that I have a menus folder in my MO overwrite folder. I have a UI folder too, but I know it is supposed to be there. Is it the same with the menu folder for MCM and that is irrelevant to my issue? Or maybe it's irrelevant but also weird to have it there?

You will regularly get "uio", "menus", and "FNVEdit Backups" folders appearing in MO Overwrite (from either loading the game or running FNVEdit).  I often do.  If you check them, you will probably find them to actually be empty of files.  If they are, go ahead and delete them - it is safe.

About your other question - I don't know.  Someone else will have to assist.