Huge Fps Drop When Using ENB's

Auildere

Question

There are other options as well, my ELEP - Preset is about as performance friendly as it can get with the latest binaries.

If it's still too much, than you should consider ReShade instead and only run ENBSeries without the graphic portion activated.

If you only can run Skyrim at 40 FPS without ENBSeries you will have problem even when all effects are deactivated and no effects is used in the .fx files.

There are other options as well, my ELEP - Preset is about as performance friendly as it can get with the latest binaries.

If it's still too much, than you should consider ReShade instead and only run ENBSeries without the graphic portion activated.

If you only can run Skyrim at 40 FPS without ENBSeries you will have problem even when all effects are deactivated and no effects is used in the .fx files.

I can run your ELEP Preset about 25 fps,gonna keep it for awhile but still finding a fix if there are any.

It would be really nice to have ENBSeries v0.108 with ENBoost feature in it.

Even though Boris claims it is the same performance as with the latest binaries without any effects active. It just ins't true, no matter what he tries to lay at your feet, v0.108 is the best performance option out there of all ENBSeries binaries.

That GPU is to underpowered and as it is a laptop it would be hard to upgrade it without any sort of DIY work to case.

Only real solution is for you too lower quality settings in skyrimprefs.ini and skyrim.ini

Shadows settings and resolution has the biggest impact on performance with this game.

Edited by JawZ

It would be really nice to have ENBSeries v0.108 with ENBoost feature in it.

Even though Boris claims it is the same performance as with the latest binaries without any effects active. It just ins't true, no matter what he tries to lay at your feet, v0.108 is the best performance option out there of all ENBSeries binaries.

Really?  Why is that - how could he let the performance get worse in later versions?

That GPU is to underpowered and as it is a laptop it would be hard to upgrade it without any sort of DIY work to case.

Only real solution is for you too lower quality settings in skyrimprefs.ini and skyrim.ini

Shadows settings and resolution has the biggest impact on performance with this game.

Even if I do that,it shows the same fps it shows me when I was playing before

If there are no change is performance when altering resolution settings and/or shadow settings, then you are altering the wrong files. There should be huge, or at least a very noticeable, increase in performance when lowering the resolution and shadows settings.

Running at 720p resolution and med or low shadow settings is propably the only way you will be able to run Skyrim with ENBSeries. Lowering the distance rendering of objects will help as well.