Extremely Bright Sky

CreamyRaccoon

Question

15 answers to this question

When you run the launcher it creates new versions of Fallout.ini and FalloutPrefs.ini in  %USERPROFILE%\(My )Documents\my games\Fallout3 . If you have an existing "Fallout.ini" and "FalloutPrefs.ini" in the Mod Organizer profile you are using then it will overwrite the one  that the launcher just created. When you run the launcher you need to delete these two files in the MO profiles folder you are using and reapply the ini tweaks from the guide. The guidance in the Skyrim ini guide also applies to Fallout. I'll copy the relevant parts of that guidance and put it in the Fallout 3 guide.

Do you use any mods which mess with image spaces ? It looks like you might have a mod that have disabled the adaptation effect.. which will cause that too happen since the game was designed with values that assumed you had that effect to compensate. 

What graphics card are you using? I have an AMD R9 290X and I am able to use HDR.

I added to the guide pointers to the STEP instructions on setting up video cards since these are the same as for Fallout. They don't explicitly mention HDR, but if the HDR box is checked after the game detects the video card it is usually, but not always as you discovered, OK to leave this checked.

Try disabling Realistic Lighting Overhaul and see if this changes. Try running an MO profile with just the vanilla files or only a few files such as fixes and UI mods and see if it happens; you should have such a profile from when you finished the installation of the initial UI mods.