Paid mods are now available on the workshop

CJ2311

Chesko mentioned in a post today that Valve/Bethesda have committed to Patreon during internal discussions. Not sure how that works with mods, but at least it's giving modders the same ability to make revenue without charging for a product that Youtubers have.

https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/581559-frostfall-hypothermia-camping-survival/page-1459&do=findComment&comment=24861994

So instead of creating 1000s new LOD objects for free I could make you people pay me to make them one by one just like that Citi Skylines dude? Hmmm.

IF this comes true should we then all be thankful for the vocal majority?

• +1 6

So instead of creating 1000s new LOD objects for free I could make you people pay me to make them one by one just like that Citi Skylines dude? Hmmm.

IF this comes true should we then all be thankful for the vocal majority?

Never underestimate how much people will pay for pretty trees.

• 3 months later...

So someone went ahead and tested almost all the paid mods on the workshop. I'm sad to say my last post didn't nearly cover as much of the stuff that's wrong with those mods.

https://imgur.com/a/bqcla?gallery

Bleakden is by far my favorite. Honestly, I could do better with my eyes closed...

Wow. Really, well be my guest dude. Why don't you produce a completely unique town within a month and then come talk to me about 'how you could do better with your eyes closed'. Amazes me how people just look at something and think it was easy to make, until they actually try it. It is exceptionally easy to stand back, look at something and make such a statement and believe some completely bull 'review' made for the purpose of finding fault. The fact is that you actually have absolutely no idea what went into making that town. It was in no way as easy as you seem to think. I have been modding for ten years, I am not a noob, I know what constitutes an 'easy to make' mod and that town is actually the 8th town I have made for TES

I came to this forum on a friend's recommendation, I don't think I will stick around so don't expect a reply. 

Edited by Shezrie

Wow. Really, well be my guest dude. Why don't you produce a completely unique town within a month and then come talk to me about 'how you could do better with your eyes closed'. Amazes me how people just look at something and think it was easy to make, until they actually try it. It is exceptionally easy to stand back, look at something and make such a statement and believe some completely bull 'review' made for the purpose of finding fault. The fact is that you actually have absolutely no idea what went into making that town. It was in no way as easy as you seem to think. I have been modding for ten years, I am not a noob, I know what constitutes an 'easy to make' mod and that town is actually the 8th town I have made for TES

I came to this forum on a friend's recommendation, I don't think I will stick around so don't expect a reply. 

Blaming the forum is like blaming the messenger who brings bad news. Sorry you feel that way. Life is full of critics that may or may not have the right to critique, so you just have to roll with it, IMO.

EDIT: ... and yes, it is quite dilligent of you to revive this old thread!

'I Googled my mod and found this criticism, hur dur.' My favourite part is where there are homeless in a underground mine. Classic. 

LOL so troll CJ knows more than a bit about modding and adding/editing buildings and navmesh; of course to be expected by one of the ones who had a paid mod on the workshop I suppose.

That underground city mod was pretty good. I couldn't do better, that's for sure. Give it a quest going deep into a hole in the ground in search of a necklace that one of the townspeople dropped to find out you've discovered some big. I dunno what, maybe something sinister :) but then put it in REGS. Sadly the author took it down. I'm waiting for it to come back up. I don't want it unless it's updated.

At first I thought.

But that's actually the author of the Bleakden town payed mod.

I find it kind of funny actually that he searched through 23 pages of a 4 month old thread to respond to criticism about his mod.

No I didn't. A google search on Bleakden brought this page. Yes I am the actual author, proof if needed.

Blaming the forum is like blaming the messenger who brings bad news. Sorry you feel that way. Life is full of critics that may or may not have the right to critique, so you just have to roll with it, IMO.

You are correct, I apologize. I was angry, I did not mean to disparage the forum in any way. 

LOL so troll CJ knows more than a bit about modding and adding/editing buildings and navmesh; of course to be expected by one of the ones who had a paid mod on the workshop I suppose.

I don't know who this person is. What I do know that his comment was completely rude and out of order, even if made a long time ago. I also know that town took a lot more to build then 'adding/editing buildings and navmesh'.

I don't understand what you mean 'to be expected by one of the ones who had a paid mod.' I think I should have realized that people are still very angry at us and still feeling free to level that anger at individuals, I did think that it had all died down. 

That underground city mod was pretty good. I couldn't do better, that's for sure. Give it a quest going deep into a hole in the ground in search of a necklace that one of the townspeople dropped to find out you've discovered some big. I dunno what, maybe something sinister :) but then put it in REGS. Sadly the author took it down. I'm waiting for it to come back up. I don't want it unless it's updated.

Thanks. Bleakden was well received on Nexus and Steam after being released as a free mod so it really wasn't as bad as people were making out, it stayed a week on the top of Steam and a week on the Hot files on Nexus, but just got me so much agro and abuse on top of some personal issues to deal with IRL that I had enough and preferred to just remove it and put an end to the fuel for such behavior.

So I am not bringing it back as far as I am concerned the mod will never be released again. I am working on something else which has something to do with it though.

In conclusion, I apologize to the forum and the staff here, I didn't mean to offend the forum as a whole and imply it's members were not nice. As the author of the mod I was angry, anyone would be, that is a fact. Regardless of who says we have no right to be angry and that we warrant the anger leveled at us, it is human nature. I thought it had all died down and coming across that comment I over reacted.

I should have realized that people are still angry at us about the pay for mods things and should not have posted at all. Unfortunately I am still angry about the crap leveled at me and I sometimes have a hard time not posting too. lol 

Again I apologize for bringing it all up again and will leave.

Edited by Shezrie