DROPS (by ramccoid)

TechAngel85

*sigh*

I hate when authors outright remove their content but I believe I know why he did.

Theres this site that is uploading mods like it is his own and ramccoid was getting frustrated with it.

I dont see why authors do this, principle maybe...

You pretty much just let the fool take your content and then become the soul provider of said content.

People are not going to discontinue to use your content and why would they?

Hishy, I don't think that's the main reason at all. He is leaving out of total disgust over the events of the past weekend.

See here.

Guys, why are you suggesting mods be removed from STEP the minute they are hidden (hidden, not deleted) on Nexus? That's stupid. You have no idea what will happen in a week or whatever. It takes time for people to calm down.

Can't you just WAIT and see what happens?

Guys, why are you suggesting mods be removed from STEP the minute they are hidden (hidden, not deleted) on Nexus? That's stupid. You have no idea what will happen in a week or whatever. It takes time for people to calm down.

Can't you just WAIT and see what happens?

Which is why I haven't suggested it, but rather sent Ramccoid a message instead. The STEP community is very different than that of the Nexus and we won't even mention Steam. We don't behave like spoiled children here so I'm hoping Ramccoid will see there is a brighter side and leave that nonsense on Nexus and Steam be. I think this is one of the reasons we have several authors that frequent our forums. We're the mature side of the community here and it would be nice to have more of these type of members.

I'm not saying that we haven't had some of those general Nexus types around here before, but they tend to run off pretty quickly when they realize our moderation team doesn't put up with their nonsense.

I can't really blame him; I've certainly experienced similar feelings over the past week.  However, as much as I'd like to deny all the selfish entitled users access to my free work, I can't do it without also denying that work to the (often silent) majority (I hope) of users who actually do respect and appreciate the time that goes into these mods.  I wish there was a way to ban one group but not the other.

I'm constantly impressed with how sensible and calm most discussions (even arguments) are on this site.  It's a very welcoming atmosphere, and it has helped keep me sane when dealing with comments on Nexus.

• +1 10

I think anything the last week showed us that the Skyrim community and really the gaming community as whole has a very nasty set of people. Before we could say it was just the idiots that screaming louder than everyone else that get noticed, but it really is a small portion. That just isn't true. The group is actually a sizable portion, probably 15-20%.

It might be time for a little self reflection.

ramccoid's mods are visible again. I love these guys and gals and have been very saddened to see all the hate.

from post on all his mods from ramccoid.

I've decided after a bit of time contemplating the disgusting lynch mob attitude of the past days, to put my work back up for download because it is unfair to the real supporters and appreciators of mod authors work and creations, who was decent enough to not participate in the feeding frenzy which recently occurred. I found it to be totally unforgivable and those involved should feel absolutely ashamed of themselves and no feeble excuses could ever justify the language and hostility shown towards people who freely gave up their time to labour for this, so called, community.

UNPAID MODS ARE NOT FREE THEY ARE FREELY GIVEN GIFTS

Edited by Sakr3d

I decided after calming down, not totally though, that it is unfair to take my work away from the actual people who really do respect and appreciate the labours of mod authors. These decent human beings have done nothing and duly deserve the experience of my work.

I would like to personally thank everyone at STEP, members and staff, very much, for being a community which didn't allow the lynch mob mentality to occur and shows the decency and respect to authors and members alike. You should all feel very proud of yourselves.

All the very best to all at STEP.

Edited by ramccoid
  • +1 11

ramccoid,

I've lurked this forum for years admiring the attitudes that exist here. This forum is exactly what the community can be. I've loved and used almost all of your work for years. Thank you for your efforts. I feel the silent majority feel similar.

I decided after calming down, not totally though, that it is unfair to take my work away from the actual people who really do respect and appreciate the labours of mod authors. These decent human beings have done nothing and duly deserve the experience of my work.

I would like to personally thank everyone at STEP, members and staff, very much, for being a community which didn't allow the lynch mob mentality to occur and shows the decency and respect to authors and members alike. You should all feel very proud of yourselves.

All the very best to all at STEP.

Glad to see you here on STEP and your work back up on Nexus. That is a classy move on your part. I was going nuts trying to figure out what to do without your mods... /relief.