ENB Guide

z929669

Disabling the compression wouldn't alter the FPS. However, you might see some increase in memory useage. The setting is one that is going to be different for everyone. As it's been stated many times, individual testing is required for ENBoost. No two systems will handle it exactly the same so only recommendations can be presented and then users must test for themselves from that point. I too have 4GB of VRAM and 8GB of system RAM. With compression enabled, I have no issues whatsoever. It could be possible that other parameters are set incorrectly which is causing the instability with compression. Testing is required. Here are my [MEMORY] setting for reference:

[MEMORY]
ExpandSystemMemoryX64=false
ReduceSystemMemoryUsage=true
DisableDriverMemoryManager=false
DisablePreloadToVRAM=false
EnableUnsafeMemoryHacks=false
ReservedMemorySizeMb=256
VideoMemorySizeMb=8192
EnableCompression=true
AutodetectVideoMemorySize=false

I would expect this to be a very tough one to test. On many systems Lz will probably be so fast that you barely notice a difference. Or in different mod setups loading could be limited by other bottlenecks, so your system has the time to compress anyway. If this feature does indeed use Lz for RAM compression there should be no point in enabling it with enough RAM though. 8 gb should be enough from my experiences, I even disabled this with my 6 gb RAM (4 gb VRAM). It might be beneficial through some oddity though.

Hey everyone im sorry to bother you once again but i had ti re-install and well heres my problem:

heres my enblocal:

[PROXY]
EnableProxyLibrary=false
InitProxyFunctions=true
ProxyLibrary=other_d3d9.dll

[GLOBAL]
UsePatchSpeedhackWithoutGraphics=true
UseDefferedRendering=false
ForceFakeVideocard=false
IgnoreCreationKit=true

[PERFORMANCE]
SpeedHack=true
EnableOcclusionCulling=true

[MULTIHEAD]
ForceVideoAdapterIndex=false
VideoAdapterIndex=0

[MEMORY]
ExpandSystemMemoryX64=true
ReservedMemorySizeMb=256
VideoMemorySizeMb=8192
EnableCompression=true
AutodetectVideoMemorySize=true

[WINDOW]
ForceBorderless=false
ForceBorderlessFullscreen=false

[ENGINE]
ForceAnisotropicFiltering=true
MaxAnisotropy=8
EnableVSync=true
AddDisplaySuperSamplingResolutions=false
ForceLodBias=false
LodBias=0.0
VSyncSkipNumFrames=0

[LIMITER]
WaitBusyRenderer=false
EnableFPSLimit=true
FPSLimit=60.0

[iNPUT]
//shift
KeyCombination=16
//f12
KeyUseEffect=123
//home
KeyFPSLimit=36
//num /       106
KeyShowFPS=106
//print screen
KeyScreenshot=44
//enter
KeyEditor=13
//f4
KeyFreeVRAM=115

[ADAPTIVEQUALITY]
Enable=false
Quality=1
DesiredFPS=20.0

[ANTIALIASING]
EnableEdgeAA=false
EnableTemporalAA=false
EnableSubPixelAA=false
EnableTransparencyAA=false

[FIX]
FixGameBugs=true
FixParallaxBugs=true
FixAliasedTextures=true
IgnoreLoadingScreen=false
IgnoreInventory=true
FixSsaoWaterTransparency=true
FixSsaoHairTransparency=true
FixTintGamma=true
RemoveBlur=true
FixSubSurfaceScattering=true
FixParallaxTerrain=true
FixSkyReflection=true
FixCursorVisibility=true

im using enbseries version 265....i set this bFloatPointRenderTarget=1 in the skyrimprefs ini.

now when i start a game using alternate start mod i appear in lake view manor but as soon as i go outside...ctd.{This anytime i try to go outside fromanywhere)

now if i take enbseries and enboost out everything works fine.

i went to the endseries webssite to look over the documentation but its gone and im pretty sure theres was a few tweaks that needed to be adjusted to work.

any idea whats wrong?
Edited by qwert_44643

I am very interested in the bFull screen parameter. Hopefully someone knows something about it.

Oh, and a question:

Are the parameters under [FIX] meant mostly for "full" ENB (that is with all the stuff people normally use)? Specifically, I was looking at FixSubSurfaceScattering and FixAliasedTextures. Will these do anything when I only have UseEffect=true under [GLOBAL] in enbseries.ini, and everything else disabled?

Edited by Octopuss

Checked out the force fullscreen part of the guide. Wording seems good for what it does. Hard to explain it in finer detail without it just being a bit overkill. 

The FIX parameters need the graphical parts of ENB enabled to have an effect. They are alterations to how the ingame shaders do things. These shaders are what Boris hooks into and alter to create alternative visuals. 

Obviously to get any benefit from a fix to SSS you will need to have SSS enabled and working. Likewise with all the others. 

As for the unsafe memory hacks... yeah the name was funny when it was introduced, and I do recall a small debate over at the ENBdev forums. Boris had some reason for calling it that, but I personally got the impression that it was more a thing that resulted from some annoyance with how he had to implement a feature. Guess one would have to go ask him again to get a more detailed response. 

Hey everyone im sorry to bother you once again but i had ti re-install and well heres my problem:

heres my enblocal:

[PROXY]

EnableProxyLibrary=false

InitProxyFunctions=true

ProxyLibrary=other_d3d9.dll

[GLOBAL]

UsePatchSpeedhackWithoutGraphics=true

UseDefferedRendering=false

ForceFakeVideocard=false

IgnoreCreationKit=true

[PERFORMANCE]

SpeedHack=true

EnableOcclusionCulling=true

[MULTIHEAD]

ForceVideoAdapterIndex=false

VideoAdapterIndex=0

[MEMORY]

ExpandSystemMemoryX64=true

ReservedMemorySizeMb=256

VideoMemorySizeMb=8192

EnableCompression=true

AutodetectVideoMemorySize=true

[WINDOW]

ForceBorderless=false

ForceBorderlessFullscreen=false

[ENGINE]

ForceAnisotropicFiltering=true

MaxAnisotropy=8

EnableVSync=true

AddDisplaySuperSamplingResolutions=false

ForceLodBias=false

LodBias=0.0

VSyncSkipNumFrames=0

[LIMITER]

WaitBusyRenderer=false

EnableFPSLimit=true

FPSLimit=60.0

[iNPUT]

//shift

KeyCombination=16

//f12

KeyUseEffect=123

//home

KeyFPSLimit=36

//num /       106

KeyShowFPS=106

//print screen

KeyScreenshot=44

//enter

KeyEditor=13

//f4

KeyFreeVRAM=115

[ADAPTIVEQUALITY]

Enable=false

Quality=1

DesiredFPS=20.0

[ANTIALIASING]

EnableEdgeAA=false

EnableTemporalAA=false

EnableSubPixelAA=false

EnableTransparencyAA=false

[FIX]

FixGameBugs=true

FixParallaxBugs=true

FixAliasedTextures=true

IgnoreLoadingScreen=false

IgnoreInventory=true

FixSsaoWaterTransparency=true

FixSsaoHairTransparency=true

FixTintGamma=true

RemoveBlur=true

FixSubSurfaceScattering=true

FixParallaxTerrain=true

FixSkyReflection=true

FixCursorVisibility=true

im using enbseries version 265....i set this bFloatPointRenderTarget=1 in the skyrimprefs ini.

now when i start a game using alternate start mod i appear in lake view manor but as soon as i go outside...ctd.{This anytime i try to go outside fromanywhere)

now if i take enbseries and enboost out everything works fine.

i went to the endseries webssite to look over the documentation but its gone and im pretty sure theres was a few tweaks that needed to be adjusted to work.

any idea whats wrong?

Are you trying to install an ENB Prest or just ENBoost?

I am very interested in the bFull screen parameter. Hopefully someone knows something about it.

Oh, and a question:

Are the parameters under [FIX] meant mostly for "full" ENB (that is with all the stuff people normally use)? Specifically, I was looking at FixSubSurfaceScattering and FixAliasedTextures. Will these do anything when I only have UseEffect=true under [GLOBAL] in enbseries.ini, and everything else disabled?

I'm not set up with ENB right now due to STEP testing and whatnot, or I'd test this out. What I can say this that bFullScreen in my personal profile is set to 1 while it was running in window mode. I personally think that ENB simply overrides that parameter in the INI so there's no need to mess with it. I'd be interested to hear if anyone has different results.

• 1 month later...

It would be good if you could find the equivalent to this in the AMD panel so I could add it to the Guide. You need to take the Total Available Graphics Memory and subtract 350 from it since you're using Windows 8. That is the value which should be used according to Boris. I have a GTX 760 4GB and my value ended up being 7735.

Wow - strange values.  lol  I followed the revised instructions.  I run Win 7 64-bit and have 8 GB RAM and 4 GB VRAM.  So Nvidia tells me that I have a Total Available Graphics Memory of "7935".  So I do 7935 - 170 = 7765?  7765 is what I should put in as the value?  Interesting.

It would be good if you could find the equivalent to this in the AMD panel so I could add it to the Guide. You need to take the Total Available Graphics Memory and subtract 350 from it since you're using Windows 8. That is the value which should be used according to Boris. I have a GTX 760 4GB and my value ended up being 7735.

I will let you tell me what I should be looking for, this is the only page that has anything to do with memory on it inside the Catalyst Control Center.

Br4EnTZ.png

Edit: Found it, it should be universal as well. Need to check the advanced settings for your display settings. Way I found it was right click my desktop and click screen resolution. Then click the advanced settings, and on the adapter tab it has Total Available Graphics Memory listed.

Edited by Hazado