FlashlightNVSE hotkeys

GrantSP

Question

I've got a slight issue with the Flashlight that I can't get my head around.

Since I never had a flashlight in my inventory, I've not been able to verify the installation properly until now.

Firstly I had a strange situation where, going against all logic that I can see, FlashlightNVSE needs to loaded AFTER oHUD to get it to register. When it is before you get an ingame error message about the *.xml files conflicting. Okay, so running it after seems to have everything work fine, perhaps because the flashlight uses NVSE to do its stuff it can be loaded after, at any rate, that side of the issue seems to be okay.

But, after giving myself a handheld flashlight via console commands, I am unable to toggle its use via a hotkey.

When I activate it in my PipBoy, the ingame configuration tells me the default key is 'J' and I can change it with MCM. Opening MCM I can do that and change it to 'L' but nothing happens. The only way to get the handheld flashlight to function is to activate as a weapon and draw it as I would any other weapon.

Is the flashlight hotkey only for a specific flashlight?

Is my ordering of the mods incorrect and it must go BEFORE oHUD, despite the protestations of the game?

• +1 1

2 answers to this question

Handheld flashlights are equipped light a gun, you actually hold it in your hand. You take a handheld one and make it into something you wear with a workbench. You use the hotkey while wearing the flashlight as a harness or belt or attach it to one of the helmets somehow. I've never done that.

Thank you. I just tried giving myself some of the other items like a belt version and, yep, all works fine.Even the battery icon displays. I can't figure out though how to get iHUD to show it along with the other stuff so I can move it into place, is it only moveable from within its own menu?

• +1 1