game slowdown when running FOSE from M.O.

innerdrum

Question

Hi,

Just trying to get this working after following the guide and starting the game. i'm using the steam goty version on Win 8.1 N 64 bits (i5 3570k + gtx970)

Without FOSE, the game runs smooth at 60 fps but a message to install fose keeps appearing every 10 seconds.

If i launch FOSE from Mod Organizer, game slows down totally , even in the main menu. Mouse cursor is really slowed down, and i just have to use the keyboard to exit the game.

Can anyone help with this? I've followed the guide, got to test the game a little bit after installing the Unified HUD Project part of the guide, and the game was running great

After that little testing, i've installed all the fixes section and then this few mods:

"More Markers"

"Faster Pipboy"

"Smaller Croshair"

"NMC Texture pack maximum"

"Weapon Mod Kits"

"FOIP"

and that's it.

Can anyone help with this? this is my third attempt to run this game following the S.T.E.P. guidelines.

sorry for my rusty english!

Thanks in advance.

Nicolás

Edited by innerdrum

7 answers to this question

I've never seen a slowdown when running FOSE. You might want to download a new copy in case there is a problem with the file. Are you also using ENBoost; if so try running without the d3d9.dll file installed in the "Fallout 3 Goty" directory to see if it is related to that.

I also use 20th century weapons so I use a different compatibility patch for WMK and FWE instead of the one from FOIP, but other than that I'm using all the mods you list.

i was hoping to sort this out by deleting the d3d9.dll file, but i got the same result

Maybe i should explain my problem further:

launching the game from "FOSE" in Mod's Organizer top-down menu ,next to "Run":

When i launch the game, the "first" intro screen when it says "PLEASE STAND BY" goes smoothly and then the DarnifiedUI little fallout boy head appears on the lower-left corner of the screen, from this point the game flows like frame-by-frame motion, i tried a new game anyway,skipped the intro movie and it took forever to get to the birth scene (when the screen fades from black to white) i can actually see all the changes from black to white (like 2 seconds per frame)

Just in case, i tried again launching the game from "Fallout 3" instead of "FOSE" and BAM! normal frames again, everything works perfect, but i have the annoying FOSE message every 10 seconds.

Yes I'm using ENB, according to the guide except the Optional Proxy tweaks.

Please, if i can add more relevant info, just point me there.

Thx for replying!

EDIT: i'm using a 120hz monitor, don't know if this is relevant thou'

Edited by innerdrum

You might have a problem with the graphics setup. Have you forced any the parameters to be 120 FPS; generally ENB is set at 60 frames per second. Are you also using Skyrim, and if so have you setup the graphics the way that is recommended in the initial part of the STEP guide? If not, read that part of the STEP guide as it should mostly also apply to Fallout. 

I've just installed win 8 from scratch 2 weeks ago. No Skyrim or game that uses the same engine (just some FTL and BOI while waiting to the vga to arrive)

Could it be the sr_New_Vegas_Stutter_Remover.ini (modified from within M.O.)

i am quoting the guide, where it's says 60 , i typed "1/2 refresh rate":

FPS section:

FPS_Management = {	bInject_iFPSClamp = 1	fMaximumFPS = 60     <-- Default is 30, but should bet set to monitor refresh rate or either 1/2 or 1/3 refresh rate	fMinimumFPS = 20	iFPS_Report_Period = 4000	fExtraSleepPercent =0.05}
Edited by innerdrum