Mod Organizer not giving the option to [Merge] or [Replace]

Luap

Question

First I want to thank you for the great work on the F&LNV guide.

I don't know if this is a big issue or a non-issue. On certain mods in the guide — like The Mod Configuration Menu + MCM Bugfix 2 file — you instruct us to click [Merge] and not [Replace] when MO asks. The problem is that MO never asked me. It just installed the MCM Bugfix 2 file like normal. This makes me wonder if MO automatically chose to merge/replace for me. Is there any way of telling if the mods were installed correctly — merging and not replacing?

4 answers to this question

You have the files installed in two separate mods then. You should look at the left pane and see if there are two MCM mods. When you install the mods, look at the name that it is being installed under. MO is usually good about it, but sometimes you have rename it yourself.

Thank you for the quick reply.

You're right. I installed them as separate mods. I just rewatched Gopher's Mod Organizer video and it looks like it's OK to do that, it's just a bit messy looking. But everything should work correctly, right? I don't really feel like reinstalling the mods just to give my mod list a cleaner appearance...

Edited by Luap

No it does not matter if you put them into different mod folders as long as they are in the correct order in the left pane. That is usually main file, then any optional files. Your mod list might start getting really long though if you do that for every mod. It's up to you how you install it, my way is mostly for aesthetics. 

OK great. My mod list isn't very long (I only installed about half of the mods in your guide), so that's fine. Next time I will definitely use the merge function though; it's pretty neat. As far as my mod order, everything looks good. Praise LOOT, our lord and savior.

Thanks again for the help. You da real MVP.

• +1 1