Project Parallax - Solitude (by Osmodius)

frihyland

Discussion thread:

Project Parallax-Solitude by Osmodius

Wiki Link

I notice for this mod Osmodius is saying that a choice must be made between SRO or SHD-2k, but not the use of both.

He hasn't explicitly said the same for the other 2 mods although there are different versions of his mod downloads.

This makes things a little difficult for a full STEP install that incorporates both, has testing shown any problems or incompatibilities? and which versions of the download have been used by people?

I'd imagine that, with a full STEP install, HD-2k would cover the cities (with SRO still keeping it's landscape files). So you'd want the 2k version. I am not totally sure though, because I only installed SRO (too much bandwidth to get them both)...

I'll need to check if no one else gets to it first, as which option to take will be important and he now has the 'mountains & rocks' landscape mod also. Unfortunately I'm working over this weekend.

I have been debating whether there is a compeling reason to install both HD-2k and SRO, thoughts anyone? If I kept only one I think it would be SRO.

I have been using this and the Whiterun Parallax mod - HD2k versions and it looks incredible in game. I went by STEP for my install and not issues at all. He is supposed to be releasing a new city every week so all of these should definitely be included. Brings the game to a whole new level. :)

I'd imagine that, with a full STEP install, HD-2k would cover the cities (with SRO still keeping it's landscape files). So you'd want the 2k version. I am not totally sure though, because I only installed SRO (too much bandwidth to get them both)...

Installing both will not be efectively different than one or the other... unless one covers textures that the other does not that would otherwise be non HRDLC vanilla.

The result is the same: most vanilla textures are converted to hi-res either way.

I have been using this and the Whiterun Parallax mod - HD2k versions and it looks incredible in game. I went by STEP for my install and not issues at all. He is supposed to be releasing a new city every week so all of these should definitely be included. Brings the game to a whole new level. :)

I'd like to know more about what the parallax mods effectively DO. the name suggests taht they "bend" textures, depending on proximity (sort of like you get with FOV changes). Is this accurate? Because when I look at the screens on the site, it appears taht the textures actually look different and more detailed, but I am uncertain if all settings (other than the parallax mod) are identical in the screens (e.g., was ENB active with same settings in both or just in parallax?).

I will test myself, but not nearly there yet.