No Combat Boundaries (by fireundubh)

fireundubh

No Combat Boundaries
v1.2

Most Recent Changes
Google Drive shared folder

Overview

No Combat Boundaries is a simple plugin that disables combat boundaries in every encounter zone, which allows enemies to follow you to different zones. For example, if you engage a huge troll in a cave and then run scared outside, the troll will follow you outside.

Note: Combat boundaries may prevent game-breaking behavior. Please save before drawing quest-related enemies into other zones.

Unofficial Encounter Zone Patch

No Combat Boundaries also adds missing location references to 18 encounter zones. These missing location references are missing in Skyrim, Dawnguard, and Dragonborn. The next versions of the USKP, UDGP, and UDBP will include these fixes, at which time the integrated patch will be removed.

• Skyrim - DushnikhYalZone (DushnikhYalLocation "Dushnikh Yal" [LCTN:00019171])
  • Skyrim - FortDunstadZone (FortDunstadLocation "Fort Dunstad" [LCTN:0001917E])
  • Skyrim - FortGreymoorZone (FortGreymoorLocation "Fort Greymoor" [LCTN:0001917D])
  • Skyrim - FortNeugradZone (FortNeugradLocation "Fort Neugrad" [LCTN:00019183])
  • Skyrim - GloomboundMineZone (GloomboundMineMineLocation "Gloombound Mine" [LCTN:0010FE2D])
  • Skyrim - RiftenRatwayZone (RiftenRatwayLocation "Riften Ratway" [LCTN:0003B871])
  • Skyrim - RiverwoodZone (RiverwoodLocation "Riverwood" [LCTN:00013163])
  • Skyrim - VolskyggeZone (VolskyggeLocation "Volskygge" [LCTN:000192C2])
  • Dawnguard - DLC1_AncestorsGladeZone (DLC1_AncestorsGladeLocation [LCTN:03003583])
  • Dawnguard - DLC1_SoulCairnZone (DLC1SoulCairnLocation "Soul Cairn" [LCTN:03003B8F])
  • Dawnguard - DLC1_VCDungeonZone (DLC1VampireCastleDungeonLocation "Castle Volkihar" [LCTN:0300357E])
  • Dawnguard - DLC1DarkfallCaveZone (DLC1DarkfallCaveLocation "Darkfall Cave" [LCTN:0300A87A])
  • Dawnguard - DLC1DarkfallPassageZone (DLC1DarkfallPassageLocation "Darkfall Passage" [LCTN:030162AC])
  • Dawnguard - DLC1GlacialCreviceZone (DLC1GlacialCreviceLocation "Glacial Crevice" [LCTN:030162AF])
  • Dawnguard - DLC1zFalmerValley01Zone (DLC1zFalmerValley01Location "Darkfall Grotto" [LCTN:030162B0])
  • Dawnguard - DLC1zFalmerValley02Zone (DLC1zFalmerValley02Location "Sharpslope Cave" [LCTN:030162B2])
  • Dawnguard - DLC1zFalmerValley03Zone (DLC1zFalmerValley03Location "Forgotten Vale Cave" [LCTN:030162B4])
  • Dragonborn - DLC2TelMithrynZone (DLC2TelMithrynTowerLocation "Tel Mithryn Tower" [LCTN:0501CDEA])

Civil War Issues

v1.2 re-enables the combat boundaries in Fort Amol, Fort Dunstad, Fort Greenwall, Fort Hraggstad, Fort Kastav, Fort Neugrad, Fort Snowhawk, Fort Sungard, and Korvanjund. These are Skyrim-only locations; therefore, the optional Dawnguard and Dragonborn plugins were not updated.

Several Civil War quest scripts use GetLocation().GetRefTypeAliveCount() to lazily count the number of alive actors in a location. During the Civil War, if you pulled a relevant actor out of an aforementioned location, the respective quest stage would not be set. This would break the Civil War quest line. It is possible that some of those locations do not involve the kind of quests that perform this count.

Please be aware that this issue may still occur during Civil War quests that take place outside, but only by going to the extreme lengths of pulling a counted actor to a different location. Please also note that you could run into this problem with any mod that allows you to control any counted actor, make any counted actor a follower, or move or teleport any counted actor to another zone.

EDIT:

@fireundubh has once again released his mods for the public, but not through Nexus.

Edited by GrantSP
  • +1 1

• 1 year later...

I didn't even know this mod existed - does it work well or have you noticed any bugs (game breaking behavior) that arose from this?  I have always wished enemies in Skyrim did this because it doesn't feel right when they don't follow you through boundaries and just wait on the other side of a load-screen door for you to come back through...

I'd advise you check my exchange with @fireundubh on the mod page. The Civil War scripts are a fairly important aspect of the game and enabling this may or may not impact on your playstyle.

I think he has done an amazing job but the reason I wanted to use it can't be done because of those script issues.

• 9 months later...

It would be a juicy bit of playing to have those giants out of their cave hot on your heels, buuut... I would prefer to have a working Civil War, or not take any risks of breaking it.  Further I assume it would rule out the Civil War Overhaul, which is key for me.  

If the mod could somehow be limited to incidental encounters, it would be fine.  alas.