Essential Knockout Overhaul by Sevencardz

redirishlord

Essential Knockout Overhaul is a Skyrim Combat mod by Sevencardz.

The Nexus description follows;

This mod will knockout essential and protected NPCs when they lose all of their health and go into bleedout. In the vanilla game, essential and protected NPCs simply take a knee when they take too much damage and then they get back up to fight almost immediately and there is no way to stop this from happening. This mod fixes that and also gives you a variety of options to choose from while the NPC is knocked out, such as looting, moving, and/or reviving the poor sod.

NPCs will wake up 1 - 4 in-game hours later, or you can manually revive them with a healing spell at any time. There are two editions of the mod and both editions handle essential NPCs the same way, but where they differ is in how protected NPCs are handled. The basic edition simply allows protected NPCs to get knocked out just like essential NPCs do, but the player can also kill the protected NPC at any time, just like in vanilla. The unprotected edition takes this a step further by allowing anything to kill a protected NPC if that NPC is still recovering from a previous knockout, however, it also prevents the player and anything else from killing a protected NPC who has never been knocked out or who has had enough time to fully recover from being knocked out earlier. Recovery from knockout can not be cured or expedited and it can take anywhere from 2 - 8 in-game hours.

If an essential or protected NPC takes damage when they take a knee during bleedout, that NPC is immediately knocked out. Both essential and protected NPCs have a chance to recover from bleedout before losing conciousness and becoming incapacitated. Higher level NPCs can stay in bleedout longer, giving them more time to recover.

Essential NPCs recover from bleedout with full health just like vanilla, so make sure to finish them off when they take a knee to make sure they don't get up and come back swinging at you. Protected NPCs can still be killed by the player and by any other NPC as well if you choose the unprotected edition.

Any non-damaging hit will revive knocked out NPCs at any time, as long as their health is fully restored. For example, try casting healing hands on them. This also works on NPCs knocked out from brawls.

NPCs that get knocked out will be completely incapacitated for one to four in-game hours. While the NPC is knocked out, you can access his or her inventory and it doesn't count as stealing. You can also shove their helpless body into a corner or out of the way. Feel free to draw various body parts on them with sharpees as well.

Changes & Conflicts;

This mod overrides the OnEnterBleedout event in the Actor.psx script, adds the Knockout() and Revive() functions, and adds the Bleedout, KnockedOut and Recovery states. Since Actor.psx is the basic script for all actors in Skyrim, any actor that has its own implementation of this event will not be affected by this mod. If another mod modifies Actor.psx itself, then it will conflict with this mod. The good news is that a patch would be very simple to make unless the other mod happened to modify the same events, in which case it probably wouldn't make much sense to make a patch anyway because both mods would be changing the same thing.

My personal experience;

The Basic version works great with AFT and allows for an immersive control on followers throwing off game balance/difficulty. I enjoy many of the voiced follower mods available on the Nexus, and EKO is a very immersive way to keep them from throwing game balance to far off (combined with AFT settings to make essential without allowing boosted stats or combat regeneration). Having a follower I want as part of my story killed = not fun; seeing a follower eat a mace sandwich, drop like a poleaxed steer, and eventually thank me for healing them after combat ends = priceless.

• 3 weeks later...

Per the author:

"So yeah guys, this mod is essentially done. Har har, get it? ESSENTIALLY done. I crack myself up. Of course, I will continue to update it for any SKSE changes or bug fixes, but other than that I am out of ideas on this endeavor."

• 4 months later...

Hey guys! Glad you like me mod ::D: She's grown up quite a bit since her last mention on this thread.  Oh, and I changed the name to NPC Knockout Overhaul when I realized I wasn't even close to being done after an influx of ideas came about.  That's all died down now though and the mod is pretty darn stable at this point.  I'm planning on releasing a 3.2 sometime in the not too distant future and possibly a 3.3 for any bug fixes and/or the next SKSE upgrade, but I have no plans after that.

Edited by sevencardz