Dreadflopps Modular patches

@vedra

Don't know about the roof thing. I vaguely remember reading a mod or pack description that discussed a much more realistic penalty for falling. I wasn't interested in it at the time though. And I don't remember the name of it. Did you perhaps installed a mod that changed it? Anyone else able to help on this one?

I only have STEP + REGS + MMO mods installed, only changed Duel Combat to Deadly Combat. I just went through every single MCM menu and still have no idea what's causing this. And according to SkyTweak, my Health and Fall damage values are at vanilla, which makes it even more strange. God mode lets me continue, but I hope that's not a sign of more damage-related problems with my install.

I only have STEP + REGS + MMO mods installed, only changed Duel Combat to Deadly Combat. I just went through every single MCM menu and still have no idea what's causing this. And according to SkyTweak, my Health and Fall damage values are at vanilla, which makes it even more strange. God mode lets me continue, but I hope that's not a sign of more damage-related problems with my install.

Sounds really strange, haven't had any reports of this happening. I always use alternate start though since the helgen intro is a little script heavy. A guess is that it is a script that makes you survive the jump that doesn't kick in. Just a guess though. Thanks for the hints on updated mods and patches that needs to be looked at. Very helpful.
  • +1 1

Thanks for the tips! Clicking directly on Ulfrics purple armor only gives me the FormID 0001b131 which isn't an armor but "UlfricRef", same with Ralof's, 0002bf9e. But both still come from Skyrim.esm. So how could these suddenly be missing/corrupted when my STEP+REGS install already worked fine and their armors aren't even from the new mods?I did some digging and it seems there are other possible causes:- overloaded VRAM so the textures simply aren't loaded: I have a 3GB card, textures from STEP Baseline install. According to Skyrim Performance Monitor, VRAM during the cart ride starts out at around 2GB (the armor textures are already purple at that point) and keeps climbing to around 2.7, so I'm guessing that's not it?- one of the new .esps changes a path to the vanilla textures so they can't be found anymore: I'm guessing one of you would've already run into that problem if that were the case?- there's a load order conflict: that's still possible since my LOOT load order seems very jumbledAlso there was even more weirdness this time around and I didn't even make it to character creation: Hadvar gets attacked by wolves, and the carts lose their paths and turn over, so I get stuck at the gates. WTH, never happened to me before.

@dreadflopp:

In case you have time to update (fingers crossed!), here are a few inconsistencies I noticed during install:USKP has version 2.0.6 out, and the STEP Patches were updated to 2.2.9 v2

also (to make matters worse :;): ), REGS just updated tooThere are a few patches hidden in STEP mod installers that seem relevant, but are not mentioned/revisited in the guide, so it's unclear whether we should track those down & re-install, or if those conflicts are fixed in your own patches:

Weapons & Armor Fixes has an Immersive Weapons patch

Closer Quivers & Longer Arrows does too

Even Better Quest Objectives has a patch for Better Stealth AI for followers

Audio Overhaul has a patch for Traps are dangerous

The ASIS .ini changes are outdated, there's no perkmodexclusions anymore since all are excluded by default now (we have to include the perkmods we want instead).Also, there was talk in this thread about problems with duplicate NPCs from Moon & Star and Snowbound Acres, but those are not currently excluded (in my spawns ini I tentatively excluded most REGS mods with new npcs/quests, but don't know if it'll work). 

And the Dragon Combat Overhaul install notes were not 100% clear to me: The mod itself is called "No spinning death animations Merged", but it is merged into the STEP Patches too. So that means STEP users should put DCO after the STEP Patch, and that doesn't cause problems?

* WAF - use the immersive weapons patch (added to guide)

* Closer quivers, needs more investigation but they are probably good. Feel free to try, didn't know they existed

* Even better quest objevtives/better stealth ai patch is outdated and no longer needed: "As of Version 3.4, conflicting changes from Even Better Quest Objectives have been incorporated into this file (with permission from WilliamImm). You no longer need a patch for these two mods as long as you load Better Stealth AI for Followers AFTER Even Better Quest Objectives."

* I have included a patch for traps are dangerous/audio overhaul skyrim. Use one of them, they do the same thing. I'll keep mine since it merges fine with the other patches.

Edit: A lot of updates to mods seem to have happened since my last update. This means it will take some more time to get all the patches in order. Most of these patches fixes minor things though so no need to wait with installing or playing. The thunderchild update seems rather big though and states that it is incompatible with previous versions. I'm guessing this means you need to start a new game.

Edited by dreadflopp
  • +1 2

Took a look at WaponsArmorFixes_ImmersiveWapons_Patch.esp in TES5edit. I didn't see any conflicts that were troublesome. Seemed like a lot of minor changes and tweaks to Immerse Weapons. A lot of my ReProccer patches (Pre & Post) override a fair number of the records, but there are a lot that are not touched. Played for an hour with it in my MMO-REGS-STEP(semi extended) profile and had no issues.

edit: didn't see Dreadflopp's earlier post on WAF_IM patch (didn't refresh my session). Still leave this post here, as it helps confirm the patch works with a SkyRe build.

Edited by IdiotDave

Well, now using 253 plugins with REGS+SRLE+MMO, but no instability issues whatsoever. Thank you so much, I will have to merge all of my merge .esps together to leave more room in my load order xD

Also, I would suggest replacing YieldDot2 with NPC Knockout Overhaul. Most yield mods are flawed in that the repetition of yielding leaves way too many non-hostile enemy NPCs after a fight. With NPC Knockout Overhaul, NPCs in the bleedout state will fall unconscious, including Essential NPCS  ::):

Edited by DefyVelocity

Well, now using 253 plugins with REGS+SRLE+MMO, but no instability issues whatsoever. Thank you so much, I will have to merge all of my merge .esps together to leave more room in my load order xD

Also, I would suggest replacing YieldDot2 with NPC Knockout Overhaul. Most yield mods are flawed in that the repetition of yielding leaves way too many non-hostile enemy NPCs after a fight. With NPC Knockout Overhaul, NPCs in the bleedout state will fall unconscious, including Essential NPCS  ::):

Will check that out.

Some small changes to the guide:

Made the instructions on how to clean the STEP patches from dependencies on removed mods clearer. Removed the pre-cleaned STEP patch since it was outdated.

My next step is to go through all patches and update them if needed. I may pre merge some patches and loose some of the modularity since it is getting a little out of hand with these many patches. Every section of the guide will have at least one STEP: Extended and a STEP: Core patch. 

• +1 1

I've been working on my guide this entire weekend.

I haven't been able to take a peak or download the mods for that matter.

Next week I guess I have to *try to* write a Nerhim install guide, update MMO, finish rewriting Oblivion Guide and do school work... 

yay, you can almost hear the enthusiasm...

Okay good, you got it updated.

Its much easier to read at a quick glance.

I did the whole fake tab thing works great for while but then it becomes messy over time.

Try out this:

Normal line:indent with padding top::larger indent:::much larger::::etc.

oh and you have on the ASIS instructions 'Customized AI'

maybe there is a better one out there. Even in the Skyproc menu it says to use an alternative scripted mod.... I don't don't remember how it was worded though.

Anyhow its nice to see the guide revitalized. I more less got swamped with rewriting mine last weekend.

Edited by hishutup

Thank you for the update.Still try to understand the new patch format. Are these patches very different to the previous version?

My intention was for these to be easier to understand... maybe I'm not good at this :)Basically I wanted to cut the number of patches by patching sections of the guide against STEP: Core and STEP: Extended instead of patching mod against mod. Any specific questions or any specific part of the patch instructions that are unclear?The patches are just merged versions of the previous ones. One or two patches were removed. No updates.

My intention was for these to be easier to understand... maybe I'm not good at this :)Basically I wanted to cut the number of patches by patching sections of the guide against STEP: Core and STEP: Extended instead of patching mod against mod. Any specific questions or any specific part of the patch instructions that are unclear?The patches are just merged versions of the previous ones. One or two patches were removed. No updates.

Thanks for the reply. I think this is just me. I think numerical number with mod's names are easier to pick and choose.