Fear and Loathing in New Vegas - Feedback

I followed the updated guide  for my  new profile but i ran into 2 issue's :

First , ublike  the guide mentioned for  "Improved  sound FX " ,i had to keep these plugins visible ,otherwise my game crashed:

Posted Image

Not sure what went wrong there.

Secondly  it seems  with onehud , i cannot  remove  the UI anymore .

when i try the only things that disappear is the crosshair   and the grenade icon  while everything else health, ap  compass stay put  even with  enabling screenshot mode .

ALso trying to move the hud around  does not seem to work either .

Any idea what went wrong  here ? 

I followed the updated guide  for my  new profile but i ran into 2 issue's :

First , ublike  the guide mentioned for  "Improved  sound FX " ,i had to keep these plugins visible ,otherwise my game crashed:

Posted Image

Not sure what went wrong there.

ublike? What did you mean there?

It weird that you would need those plugins, only the main one is needed. Are there any red exclamations when you don't have them in the right pane?

Secondly  it seems  with onehud , i cannot  remove  the UI anymore .

when i try the only things that disappear is the crosshair   and the grenade icon  while everything else health, ap  compass stay put  even with  enabling screenshot mode .

ALso trying to move the hud around  does not seem to work either .

Any idea what went wrong  here ? 

Make sure you have UIO 1.10. Reinstall it if you have too and hit [Replace]. That is behavior that was reported with 1.00. Delete that menus folder in your Overwrite that can pop up.

Huh weird , when i disabled those plugins now it works fine .

I think i know  what went wrong though  .

Trying to re install uio by  right clicking it  and selecting  Reinstall gives me this error : Mods installed with old versions of MO can't be reinstalled in this way

But i am pretty sure i have the latest version .

I reinstalled it by  re selecting  the  mod in the download folder and picked replace , but the issue is still there.

Also i am very sure i  got the 1.10 version .

Edited by thorgal

• Now make sure the new mod is ticked and open FNVEdit through MO.
    • Right click the list and "Select None".
    • Tick "YUP - Base Game + All DLC.esm" and "NewVegasUncutSeries.esp", then expand Armor.
    • Click record 00134094, then drag line BMDT - Biped Model from the YUP - Base Game + All DLC.esm column to the NewVegasUncutSeries.esp column.
    • Now do the same for line DATA - Data and DNAM -.
    • Now expand Dialog Topic->0010E028.
    • Click record 001205A6, and then drag line Responses->Response->NAM1 - Response Text from the YUP - Base Game + All DLC.esm column to the NewVegasUncutSeries.esp column.
    • Repeat the exact same operation for record 001547A4.
  • Close FNVEdit and save NewVegasUncutSeries.esp.

You say expand Armor but not in which esp. The record 00134094 is in both esps.

I'm blind maybe but wheres BMDT - Biped Model?

Posted Image

I only see BMDT - Biped Data but there is nothing draggable.

Please explaine more detailed what to do here.

You say expand Armor but not in which esp. The record 00134094 is in both esps.

I'm blind maybe but wheres BMDT - Biped Model?

Posted Image

I only see BMDT - Biped Data but there is nothing draggable.

Please explaine more detailed what to do here.

That's a new section, so I'll clean it up a bit.

Huh weird , when i disabled those plugins now it works fine .

I think i know  what went wrong though  .

Trying to re install uio by  right clicking it  and selecting  Reinstall gives me this error : Mods installed with old versions of MO can't be reinstalled in this way

But i am pretty sure i have the latest version .

I reinstalled it by  re selecting  the  mod in the download folder and picked replace , but the issue is still there.

Also i am very sure i  got the 1.10 version .

Did you reinstall the whole section or did you just remove UHUD and replace it with the UIO?

Reinstalled the whole section .

Okay, so maybe I'm missing something, but you're the first person to report anything about the guide since I redesigned that part.

Did you happen to check out the thread that GSDFan created about UIO and MO in the MO - Fallout support forum? The OP of that thread has excellent information on the procedure I'm trying to nail down with UIO to get it all working.

Did you use FOMM for all the mods I gave instructions for? Did you use it for any mods that I don't instruct it for?

I don't actually delete anything I just hide it. You have to sign in to the wiki using your STEP account and then hit edit next the section FCO is in. You see some which hide wiki text. Anything between those symbols for FCO and nvr3 will let follow the instructions.Please don't change anything of save the page though, just select cancel and it will take you to the main page.

Thanks for the help, surprisingly simple to install lol.

One more question, this time regarding bashed patches. I've had a look at NVR3 through FNVEdit, and noticed that some records for NPCs conflict with other mods in my load order, like Caesar's New Regime, NCR Trooper Overhaul, or Freeside Open. I have the NVR3 esp at the bottom of my load order, just above the bashed patch. So it'll take priority in these conflicts, but I've noticed that with some NPCs, like Sergio (the barber for the Kings), the bashed patch will use the record from the conflicting mod instead of NVR3. So Sergio will have his vanilla face instead of his redesigned one. How would I get around this? Place the mod below the bashed patch?

EDIT: Well, I just realized that I need to rebuild the bashed patch, as I moved the mod at some point in order to resolve conflicts. However, Wrye Flash doesn't carry over my load order perfectly. It places NVR3 back at its default spot, even though I place it at the end of the load order in Mod Organizer. Any way to fix this?

Edited by Jax765

Tag the NVR3.esm and esp with NPCFaces, Actors.ACBS, Invent, and maybe Graphics. Regen the Bashed patch and make sure that NVR3 is ticked in the sections it's tagged for.

Actually ignore the above and tag both ESM and ESP like this:

Actors.ACBS, Actors.AIData, Actors.AIPackages, Delev, Graphics, Invent, NPC.Race, NpcFaces, Relev

EDIT: Well, I just realized that I need to rebuild the bashed patch, as I moved the mod at some point in order to resolve conflicts. However, Wrye Flash doesn't carry over my load order perfectly. It places NVR3 back at its default spot, even though I place it at the end of the load order in Mod Organizer. Any way to fix this?

Try this: right-click in Wrye Flash (anywhere there is NOT a plugin i.e. at the very bottom) and untick "Lock Times" and then tick "BOSS Disable Lock Times" and then go to sort by and click on "Load Order."

Okay, so maybe I'm missing something, but you're the first person to report anything about the guide since I redesigned that part.

Did you happen to check out the thread that GSDFan created about UIO and MO in the MO - Fallout support forum? The OP of that thread has excellent information on the procedure I'm trying to nail down with UIO to get it all working.

Did you use FOMM for all the mods I gave instructions for? Did you use it for any mods that I don't instruct it for?

I redid the installation again and this time everything works  so i probably did screw something up last time .

On another note  , any known fix for this ? 

Posted Image

I redid the installation again and this time everything works  so i probably did screw something up last time .

On another note  , any known fix for this ? 

have you set bLoadFaceGenHeadEGTFiles=1 in fallout.ini, and falloutprefs.ini (not sure if it's both or just one of those) ? I think that's what fixed it for me last time that happened.