Fear and Loathing in New Vegas - Feedback

Thanks , last thing  

In the guide  to make  the bashed patch  there is this line :

Now go through all the sections that are checked and make sure to tick every check box in the right pane that you see except for:For Import Names leave Fallout.esm unticked.For Tweak Settings tick Terminal Speed Adjustment and then right click and set to 'x 6'.

For tweak settings  do you mean only tick  terminal speed  adjustment  and select  X 6 or  tick them all and set X6 ?

If you're about to start the UI section of the guide then download the PDF version at the top and use that. I'm about to start going from 'The Need for Unified HUD Project' to 'The Need for UI Organizer'. I'll also be adding a few UI mods, three if I'm not mistaken and two more later on if I decided they are worth it. If your dog dies and wife cuts your foot off and BBQs it, then it's your own fault.

Also, if you have done the merging for NV Uncut then check out the extra directions I made for forwarding some YUP fixes. They are right after the part where you untick the mods in the left pane. Tell me if it's easy to follow with FNVEdit. I tried to just spell it out as plain as I could, 'Expand this record', 'Drag this line from column A to column B', 'Close and save'. If it is still confusing then I'll keep working on it, but it is only five forwards from three records from YUP to the merged plugin.

I added a merge of the four fixes listed in the guide that are not YUP. That saves three plugin slots and is very easy to do so new users will not get bombarded by a lot of instructions for the merging script on the first use of it. It's just four plugins and a few tags.

Okay, I'm about done with moving stuff. I think I nailed it all down, but there might be a few more things that need tweaking.

If you have F&L installed and want to switch over to UI Organizer then make sure you aren't in the middle of a playthrough.

To upgrade:

• Move the Project Nevada fixes (three of them) to the Supplemental UI section.
  • Move the rest of the Fixes up before Quest and Cut Content.
  • Do the Fixes merge.
  • Now highlight the entire UI section and right click then select remove mod.
  • Reinstall the UI mods, be aware there is a FOMM Reset that you might want to do listed in the thread GSDFan made for MO and UIO.
  • Move the UI section from the bottom of the list up to their proper place.
  • Run Loot and Bashed Patch and play a new game.

Try it out if you have that kind of time to invest and let me know what happens. I do expect a few problems, but that is part of the process, so think of it as beta testing.

Also, Added PPA, Ambient Temp, and THermal Nightvision to the UI section. I'll hold off on Radar Mod and HUD Extended for the moment. With UIO they can be installed without any problems anyways.

Next will be the Yukichigai tweaks section and I'll add a second page of guns to merge to add along side the Millenia page I already have, he released a new gun today as well, the PKM which I'll add to that page too. My plugin count is at 136 and it is a little unstable, but much better than when I was at 139. I tried merging the three ESPs from PPA but it didn't work, so I'll look into combining something else, maybe the tiny gameplay mods. My new character is level 8 already because I'm powering through pretty hard, so I can get to Beyond Boulder Dome at level 10, should be fun to test something new again.

One last question :

If i untick a mod after making  the bashed patch  do i have to rebuild the patch again or only when i delete or add mods entirely ?

Also after making the patch  ,do i need to re enable the plugins  that wyreflash  turned off as was noted in the guide ?

Edited by thorgal

One last question :If i untick a mod after making the bashed patch do i have to rebuild the patch again or only when i delete or add mods entirely ?Also after making the patch ,do i need to re enable the plugins that wyreflash turned off as was noted in the guide ?

Look in the right pane and see if there is a red triangle next to the bashed patch in your load order. If so regen, if not you're okay.

Look in the right pane and see if there is a red triangle next to the bashed patch in your load order. If so regen, if not you're okay.

Thanks ! e

Also found an error in the guide :

In the first  Merged plugin tutorial you put  the mod : 

• REPCONN Test Site Fixes.esp

But there is no mention  of it or link  to  the mod in the Fixes part of the guide .

Also you mentioned  to untick a thorned situation  in there . 

Edited by thorgal

Thanks ! e

Also found an error in the guide :

In the first Merged plugin tutorial you put the mod :

[*]REPCONN Test Site Fixes.esp

But there is no mention of it or link to the mod in the Fixes part of the guide .

Also you mentioned to untick a thorned situation in there .

Sorry, I meant to add that mod last night when I did a bunch of stuff.

If your upgrading to the latest version of the guide in the middle of a playthrough then you're ur going to have some problems. It's smart to do it with a new game.

Okay added REPCONN Test Site Fixes.

I'll be moving on to Yuki's mods and setting up that section next. It will be a nice set of tweaks and merged together to save slots. I think I've also got a nice new list of weapons to add to an extra page. The two crossbow mods, Tactical Flamer Revamp, Remington 700, Mason Jar Mine, AK-105, and M24E1 should end up making their own supplemental page by the end of the week. I just need to test one more of those guns to finish it all up.

EWI's Rocks->NMC or whatever is in the guide now->Textures Over Time

Mojave rock

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Limecliffs (you know where all the deathclaws live)

Posted ImagePosted Image

Red Rock Canyon

Big MT (from Old World Blues, I gotta play that again)

Posted ImagePosted Image

Zion (from Honest Hearts, second pic is not NMC, just vanilla I guess)

Not doing lonsome road since it has a weather effect, so it doesn't matter that much.

I am thinking left, left, right, left, left

I like when there is a lot of detail...

Still wanted that Animated Fan file SRB?And could you use the NR3 2.8 if you got the no longer available FCO assets?

I got the file. Thanks. I think there will be a solution to the whole thing soon.

To go along witH the "keep Big mt active mod , might i also suggest "Honest Hearts DLC white legs respawn and npcs stay after finish ?

I'll look at that one.