Fear and Loathing in New Vegas - Feedback

Okay, in the mean time while waiting to see about UIO and OneHUD compatibility, I've been testing quite a bit.

Legacy of X-13: DONE  I should have had this in a long time ago. My bad. THis will get added very soon, maybe today. Dead Money Assassin Suit is included in this mod, so it will be dropped.

I now have 7 Yuki mods tested, so a Yuki Gameplay Tweaks section is in the works. They are tiny so expect more merging.

I had to combine edits from WMM into the one for Darn. I can upload it if it is OK.

Yeah, I'd like to look at it.

Here is the file I mashed together. If you use it, it has to be after DarnUi and the Weapons mod menu. I did not test for the functionality in game, just wanted to get rid of the WMM message about files being wrong.

Edit: it will not let me attach the archive.

Here is the file I mashed together. If you use it, it has to be after DarnUi and the Weapons mod menu. I did not test for the functionality in game, just wanted to get rid of the WMM message about files being wrong.Edit: it will not let me attach the archive.

Dropbox or copy works.

Some news on the UIO / oHUD front.

I have come the realization that without the help of jazzisparis, the author of UIO – UI Organizer, oHUD will never work in your load order. Unless I am doing something wrong, no amount of configuration settings will make it work. My theory is it is from the support for aHUD and primary needs is baked in.

The only way I can get any results is to actually install primary needs and aHUD into my load order without enabling the respective ESMs and doing some creative file management.

At this point I have all of the elements of oHUD working, but as I do one thing, I break something else and having the extra files is not a good thing.

I only have oHUD and MCM installed and working. I will continue to push on and document my findings so that others may build upon it.

As stated earlier, here is what I found trying to get this going.

The gist of this exercise was to get a feeling on how UI organizer operates in MO. From my findings the includes_XX files need to be hidden. UIO provides them dynamically in the overwrite folder. The last hud_main_menu.xml will win and potently break DarnUI and in this setup adjustable HUD. I guess my next step would be is to hide all instances of these files and see what happens. 

[spoiler=UIO oHUD workaround]This will follow UI section of Fear and Loathing. These are my findings and a workaround to get the functionality of One Hud back when using Ui organizer. At this time I am just concentrating on getting this to work. I have not done any extensive in game testing, so there is no telling what else may happen.
When installing mods look for the following files and hide them in the respective mod, UIO dynamically provides them:
includes_HUDMainMenu.xml
includes_StartMenu.xml
There may be others that have the “includes_†prefix. I will add to the above as I go. It is important to not here that from my observations, if they are left in the mod, the one with the highest priority will get updated and the change will persist until the next game start.

The procedure.

• The first thing is to install UIO and enable it in the left pane. Priority is not a problem for this mod.
  • Install primary need HUD and make sure that Primary Needs HUD.esm is not enabled in the load order.
    • Go to the file tree tab and hide includes_HUDMainMenu.xml. UIO creates this file and updates it on the fly
  • From MO install the mod configuration menu.
  • oHUD install. Do not install with MO or FOMM.
    • Download the file to a new working directory.
    • Once that is done, extract the oHUD.Fomod from the one hud rar file.
    • Once that is done, extract the contents of oHUD.Fomod.
    • You should now have an oHUD.esm flie and two folders, menus and textures.
    • Navigate to the menusprefabs and right click the PrimaryNeedsHUD folder and open it in a new window.
    • Move up to the Options folder and double click to go into it.
    • Double click the Labels folder and copy PNHLabels.xml file.
    • Go to the PrimaryNeedsHUD window and paste PNHLabels.xml there.
    • Back out of the labels folder and double click on the settings folder.
    • Once there, copy PNHSettings.xml file.
    • Go to the PrimaryNeedsHUD window and paste PNHSettings.xml there.
    • This copy process will overwrite all files in pHUD except the ESM.
    • Navigate to the top level of the working directory. You should see oHUD esm and the two folders, menus and textures. Select all three and archive them up.
    • Copy this archive to your MO fallout downloads directory.
    • In MO refresh to see your copied archive and install and enable it.
    • Go to the file tree tab and hide includes_HUDMainMenu.xml.
  • Install Darn UI and enable the ESP.
  • Install Adjustable HUD (aHUD) in MO. The install will see DarnUi. Make sure that aHUD.esm is not activated in your load order.
  • At this point you should have a working, selectable selection for the adjustable elements in the mcm.
  • Install flashlightNVSE.
    • Conflict with flashlight_battery.xml in oHUD. Comparing the two, the one in this mod has all of the entries of the one in oHUD and will prevent the version error when changing settings in the MCM.
  • Project Nevada. Install method FOMM from MO.
    • PN Core.
    • When asked about the MCM items, select keep the newer ones.
    • Select yes to all.
  • PN Extra options.
    • Make any selections and install. There are no other dialogs when installing. Click OK to finish.
  • PN – Extra options Script fix. I did not see this in Fear and loathing. Add if needed.
  • Exit out of FOMM.
    • Right click on the overwrite folder and create a mod from it. Give it an appropriate name, something like Project Nevada FOMM.
    • Activate the new mod.
    • Open the information panel and click on the File tree tab. Expand the menus, prefabs folders and hide the following files:
    • includes_HUDMainMenu.xml
    • includes_StartMenu.xml
    • includes_TutorialMenu.xml
[*]Advanced Recon Trap detection. Installed in MO.
  • Make the selections you want and click install.
  • This mod does not have and conflicts.
[*]Advanced Recon Range Finder.
  • Not much on the installer, click install.
  • Go to the prefabs folder and hide includes_HUDMainMenu.xml.
  • Important note. If left here in the load order it will interfere with the aHUD section of the MCM. It this mod can be moved above aHUD or you can hide the hud_main_menu.xml file in menus, main.
[*]FPS Weapon Wheel install through MO.
  • There are no conflicts with other mods.
[*]JIP Realistic Weapon Overheating.
  • After install hide includes_HUDMainMenu.xml.
  • If left in this position it will interfere with DarnUI and adjustable Hud. It can be moved above Adjustable to function or you can hide the hud_main_menu.xml file in menus, main.
[*]JIP Selective-Fire installed in MO.
  • If left in this position it will interfere with DarnUI and adjustable Hud. It can be moved above Adjustable to function or you can hide the hud_main_menu.xml file in menus, main.
[*]JIP Companions Command and Control installed in MO.
  • If left in this position it will interfere with DarnUI and adjustable Hud. It can be moved above Adjustable to function or you can hide the hud_main_menu.xml

This ends the Fear and loathing UI section. It appears to work, although I did only load a save that was just before you exit Doc Mitchells house to check the MCM menus. I did not go into the pip boy to see what is going on there.

to answer me:

https://www.mediafire.com/download/q5w66f55gghxq20/FCO_EYE_FIX_-_23.9.2014_.rar

The package contains the eye meshes and textures from Fallout Character Overhaul 2.3.1, install after NVR3 to avoid the problem.

Sorry I wasn't around to help you, just started studying at uni so haven't been here for weeks. Luckily you found the fix yourself, so everything is fine.

For SRB: Been reading through the last 6-7 pages I've missed over the weeks and saw that you were missing the Animated Fan mod. It just so happens that I have that in stock and it can be yours for a mere price of 500 bottlecaps!  :;):

Also got the Old Assets for NVR3 file, but I think that it would be a bad idea distributing that one, if peoples account of the ongoing "war" between Drumber and Dracomies are to be believed.

Downloading now, will take a look and see. i guess I will have to start from scratch.

Edit: just a preliminary observation, DUI needs to have higher priority than Ohud and they will most likely have to be the mods that have the highest priority in the load order. DUI also over writes two files in oHUD. They are start_menu.xml and hud_main_menu.xml. The start_menu.xml can never be overwritten, this will prevent an error message when accessing the MCM menu. The second file,  hud_main_menu.xml, mus be hidden to restore the oHUD functionality.

Try that and see if that fixes it.

Downloading now, will take a look and see. i guess I will have to start from scratch.

Edit: just a preliminary observation, DUI needs to have higher priority than Ohud and they will most likely have to be the mods that have the highest priority in the load order. DUI also over writes two files in oHUD. They are start_menu.xml and hud_main_menu.xml. The start_menu.xml can never be overwritten, this will prevent an error message when accessing the MCM menu. The second file,  hud_main_menu.xml, mus be hidden to restore the oHUD functionality.

Try that and see if that fixes it.

I installed all like in the guide. I moved DarnUI after oHUD and hide hud_main_menu.xml, but it doesn't work.

My first load and install order (Only the UI Section):

- Darnified UI

- Project Nevada

- Project Nevada - Extra Options

- The Mod Configuration Menu

- Advanced Recon Trap Detection

- Advanced Recon Range Finder

- FPS Weapon Wheel

- JIP Realistic Weapon Overheating

- JIP Selective-Fire

- JIP Companions Command and Control

- Powered Power Armor

- oHUD

- Flashlight NVSE

- UIO - UI Organizer

Then I moved Darnified UI after oHUD.

I installed all like in the guide. I moved DarnUI after oHUD and hide hud_main_menu.xml, but it doesn't work.

My first load and install order (Only the UI Section):

- Darnified UI

- Project Nevada

- Project Nevada - Extra Options

- The Mod Configuration Menu

- Advanced Recon Trap Detection

- Advanced Recon Range Finder

- FPS Weapon Wheel

- JIP Realistic Weapon Overheating

- JIP Selective-Fire

- JIP Companions Command and Control

- Powered Power Armor

- oHUD

- Flashlight NVSE

- UIO - UI Organizer

Then I moved Darnified UI after oHUD.

I have not gotten far with the new version of UIO. I will take your list of mods and try them. That probably will not be until this evening though.

Hi .

I have run into a snag with the guide with trying  to merge the NewVegasUncutSeries .

Specifically this part :

• In the left pane of MO, double click Rotface to Riches.
    • Go to the Filetree tab and expand Sound->Voice, then right click on the "rotfacetoriches.esp" folder and select "Rename".
    • Rename the folder to exactly what the plugin name given to the merged plugin. If using the recommended name it would be: NewVegasUncutSeries.esp.
  • Now go to the "Optional ESPs" tab and move the "rotfacetoriches.esp" to the Optional ESPs box.
  • In the left pane of MO, double click A Wilder Wasteland.
    • Go to the Filetree tab and expand Sound->Voice, then right click on the "awilderwasteland.esp" folder and select "Rename".
    • Rename the folder to exactly what the plugin name given to the merged plugin. If using the recommended name it would be: NewVegasUncutSeries.esp.
  • Now go to the "Optional ESPs" tab and move the "awilderwasteland.esp" to the Optional ESPs box.

i do  step 1 first  and that works .

Problem is with step 3 : when i try to rename the awilderwasteland.esp folder to   NewVegasUncutSeries.esp i get an error  :

Posted Image

I triple checked to make sure i did not make any mistakes  ,but it does not allow me to rename it  

Edited by thorgal