Fear and Loathing in New Vegas - Feedback

When rebuilding a bashed patch, here's part of what the guide instructions say:

"In the Bashed Patch menu in the left pane make sure all these check boxes are ticked: Merge Patches, Import Actors, Import Actors: AIPackages, Import Actors: Death Items, Import Cells, Import Destructible, Import Factions, Import Graphics, Import Inventory, Import NPC Faces, Import Names, Import Scripts, Import Sounds, Import Stats, Import Weapon Modifications, Tweak Settings, Content Checker, FormID Lists, Leveled Lists, Race Records.
Now go through all the sections that are checked and make sure to tick every check box in the right pane that you see except for:
For Import Names leave Fallout.esm unticked.
For Tweak Settings tick Terminal Speed Adjustment and then right click and set to 'x 6'."

The instructions are unclear in this aspect:  Are we supposed to make sure the items in the right panel under each category not checked in the left panel are all modified to be unchecked?  Or do we leave them alone?  I unchecked everything in those categories, but that could be wrong.

BTW - the issue I was having with the fonts sort of corrected itself after I reinstalled the User Interface portion.  I say "sort of", because even though the text was now visible, a bunch of the fonts were still not quite right though - too big.  So I checked on the DarnUI font settings in fallout.ini.  They weren't correct.  I usually make the changes using notepad, but the last time I went in and adjusted the settings I had used the MO ini editor.  For whatever reason, it must not have saved my changes correctly.  So, using notepad I made the changes and saved the file, then set it back to read-only.  After doing that the fonts showed up properly in the game.

When rebuilding a bashed patch, here's part of what the guide instructions say:

"In the Bashed Patch menu in the left pane make sure all these check boxes are ticked: Merge Patches, Import Actors, Import Actors: AIPackages, Import Actors: Death Items, Import Cells, Import Destructible, Import Factions, Import Graphics, Import Inventory, Import NPC Faces, Import Names, Import Scripts, Import Sounds, Import Stats, Import Weapon Modifications, Tweak Settings, Content Checker, FormID Lists, Leveled Lists, Race Records.

Now go through all the sections that are checked and make sure to tick every check box in the right pane that you see except for:

For Import Names leave Fallout.esm unticked.

For Tweak Settings tick Terminal Speed Adjustment and then right click and set to 'x 6'."

The instructions are unclear in this aspect:  Are we supposed to make sure the items in the right panel under each category not checked in the left panel are all modified to be unchecked?  Or do we leave them alone?  I unchecked everything in those categories, but that could be wrong.

Go through every category and if there are plugins listed then tick the category and all the plugins except for the one I said to leave unchecked. If there are no plugins then you can leave that category completely unticked.

The Tweak Settings is for game setting type stuff and I think only the terminal speed fix is the only one.

BTW - the issue I was having with the fonts sort of corrected itself after I reinstalled the User Interface portion.  I say "sort of", because even though the text was now visible, a bunch of the fonts were still not quite right though - too big.  So I checked on the DarnUI font settings in fallout.ini.  They weren't correct.  I usually make the changes using notepad, but the last time I went in and adjusted the settings I had used the MO ini editor.  For whatever reason, it must not have saved my changes correctly.  So, using notepad I made the changes and saved the file, then set it back to read-only.  After doing that the fonts showed up properly in the game.

MO has INIs for every profile. They will overwrite the vanilla ones so you need to do the edits in MO

"Go through every category and if there are plugins listed then tick the category and all the plugins except for the one I said to leave unchecked."

If that's the case, then Import Relations should be listed in your guide to check on the left side, and then check all 3 plugins in the contents on the right side.

So you are saying that Globals, Tweak Assorted, and Tweak Names should all be unchecked on the left side and then the contents on the right side also unchecked?

Edited by oqhansoloqo

OK, so I got up to the bashed patch, built it according to the instructions, and then the esp is not in overwrite for me to create a mod with. There's a folder called "Docs" with a .txt file called Bashed Patch and also an HTML file with the same name, but no .esp.

Any thoughts?

Edited by whitewolf87

That would be fine, but I can't find it inside the New Vegas data folder either.

I really hope I didn't accidentally do something catastrophic at some point during this process.

EDIT: I notice that if I untick the Bashed Patch mod in MO (I had already made one deactivated in anticipation of having to do it from my experience in Skyrim), that then the bashed patch mod in WF disappears from the list. I don't know if that means anything.

Edited by whitewolf87

EssArrBee - So what do we do with Import Relations, Globals, Tweak, Assorted, and Tweak Names?

whitewolf87 - I seem to recall a while ago having issues a while back with making bashed patches in MO running Wrye Flash NV.  For some reason I wasn't able to rebuild a bashed patch if it was not in the overwrite folder - like if I tried to make it into its own mod and then rebuild it from there.  So what I did for a long time was just keep it in the overwrite folder all the time because I was able to rebuild it when it was in there.  For some reason, now I am able to rebuild a bashed patch that is not in the overwrite folder (one that is its own mod) - apparently it's supposed to work this way.  I don't know why it works now and didn't work before.  Does that help your situation at all?

EDIT: oh, and remember that the bashed patch files are in the overwrite folder when you have any other processes in MO that place files into that folder so that you don't accidentally move the bashed patch files into another mod or something when you create a mod from the overwrite folder...

Edited by oqhansoloqo

EssArrBee - So what do we do with Import Relations, Globals, Tweak, Assorted, and Tweak Names?

whitewolf87 - I seem to recall a while ago having issues a while back with making bashed patches in MO.  For some reason I wasn't able to rebuild a bashed patch if it was not in the overwrite folder - like if I tried to make it into its own mod and then rebuild it from there.  So what I did for a long time was just keep it in the overwrite folder all the time.  For some reason, now I am able to rebuild a bashed patch that is not in the overwrite folder (one that is its own mod).  I don't know why it works now and didn't work before.  Does that help your situation at all?

Add Import Relations and forget about the rest. Other mods take care of all that other stuff much better than the bashed patch.

No, what I'm saying is that after the patch is built and supposedly activated, I have no output in Overwrite, or anywhere else on my whole computer to put into the bashed patch mod in MO. I can't activate the current patch because I can't find wherever it's sending it. Unless the patch is actually running correctly after I rebuild and activate it in Wrye and I just can't see it, I'm not sure.

Currently, as it stands and just hoping, I have 119 active plugins, which I'd consider OK against the top count and possibly indicative that it's actually working, especially since I have a high-end system, but it's so essential that I don't want to just delve into a game only to come up against a massive wall at some point or another because this didn't complete correctly now.

Also, I have a lot of mods in Wrye Flash that are highlighted in red even after running the patch, which kind of bothers me because I have no idea what that means, it doesn't happen to me with Wrye Bash in Skyrim, and this is me being very ignorant and just knowing that red is usually "bad".

No, what I'm saying is that after the patch is built and supposedly activated, I have no output in Overwrite, or anywhere else on my whole computer to put into the bashed patch mod in MO. I can't activate the current patch because I can't find wherever it's sending it. Unless the patch is actually running correctly after I rebuild and activate it in Wrye and I just can't see it, I'm not sure.

Currently, as it stands and just hoping, I have 119 active plugins, which I'd consider OK against the top count and possibly indicative that it's actually working, especially since I have a high-end system, but it's so essential that I don't want to just delve into a game only to come up against a massive wall at some point or another because this didn't complete correctly now.

Also, I have a lot of mods in Wrye Flash that are highlighted in red even after running the patch, which kind of bothers me because I have no idea what that means, it doesn't happen to me with Wrye Bash in Skyrim, and this is me being very ignorant and just knowing that red is usually "bad".

In WF, right click the bar at the top where it sales Files and untick 'Lock Times'. That should remove the red bars. For some stupid reason the Lock Times thing is checked by default on new install of WF. Close and reopen WF and rerun your bashed patch after unticking Lock Times.

You made a mod for the Bashed Patch in anticipation of having to run it, so you won't have the new one pop out in the Overwrite folder. It just stays in the mod folder you created.