Fear and Loathing in New Vegas - Feedback

I was wondering if anyone could help me with a quick problem, I just finished the guide and got everything up and running well (I think, it runs nicely, the wasteland looks a lil less detailed than i remember but it could just be my nostalgia :P) but ive noticed that the "alternate blood spout" mod isnt really to my taste but when I remove it from MO and load into the game again its like the mod is still "there" but instead of a blood spout it brings up a very wierd texture glitch, like floating red rectangles like its in wireframe mode if that makes any sense :P Is there something special i have to do to remove it properly? I'm quite a novice at modding so im just glad its not crashing tbh but it would be really nice to get it perfect :)

Thanks in advance for any advice :D

Edit: took screenshots to be more clear :)

xarou9.jpg

os4rwk.jpg

Edited by Stargazer

I was wondering if anyone could help me with a quick problem, I just finished the guide and got everything up and running well (I think, it runs nicely, the wasteland looks a lil less detailed than i remember but it could just be my nostalgia :P) but ive noticed that the "alternate blood spout" mod isnt really to my taste but when I remove it from MO and load into the game again its like the mod is still "there" but instead of a blood spout it brings up a very wierd texture glitch, like floating red rectangles like its in wireframe mode if that makes any sense :P Is there something special i have to do to remove it properly? I'm quite a novice at modding so im just glad its not crashing tbh but it would be really nice to get it perfect :)

Thanks in advance for any advice :D

Rerun your bashed patch.

Rerun your bashed patch.

ahh okay, i thought it might be something like that but tbh thats the part of the guide i understood the least so i was afraid of messing with it again :P, so basically just do the same procedure in the guide and replace the old bashed patch with this one?

Edit: repatched and it works great, thanks for your help :)

Edited by Stargazer

One more question :)

Is the background terrain really supposed to be this barren or am i messing up some view distance settings? :) I guess im just nitpicking now but i remember this game being more detailed than this.

Ya sadly it is. You could turn up the uGridstoLoad but that may destroy your performance and cause instability but I don't think it is worth it. Though if you think that is bad you should see the Xbox version *shudders*. 

• +1 1

One more question :)

Is the background terrain really supposed to be this barren or am i messing up some view distance settings? :) I guess im just nitpicking now but i remember this game being more detailed than this.

The textures you are using makes the background look a bit worse than it needs to. Vanilla looks better than that. Also if you get the No-Antialiasing and Multisampling Patch for Wasteland Flora Overhaul the trees will look better.

The textures you are using makes the background look a bit worse than it needs to. Vanilla looks better than that. Also if you get the No-Antialiasing and Multisampling Patch for Wasteland Flora Overhaul the trees will look better.

I'll try that patch and see how it goes, thanks for the tips :)

I'll try that patch and see how it goes, thanks for the tips :)

No problem. The issue I was referring to with the background was how the contrast between the rocks and the ground make it look bad in my opinion. Some texture packs don't mix well together.

You could pick between NMC and Poco Bueno, or use both but with NMCs Washed Out Wasteland patch. Alternatively you could install EWIs Rocks for NV Ultimate Edition over both. I think any of these options will look better.

Edited by Butcher

No problem. The issue I was referring to with the background was how the contrast between the rocks and the ground make it look bad in my opinion. Some texture packs don't mix well together.

You could pick between NMC and Poco Bueno, or use both but with NMCs Washed Out Wasteland patch. Alternatively you could install EWIs Rocks for NV Ultimate Edition over both. I think any of these options will look better.

going to try installing EWIs rocks, thanks again

What Butcher said. If you have the system you can increase the LOD quite a bit at the cost of some performance. Check the tweakguide for Fallout 3 (Works with NV) for some basic tweaks: Link.

As someone who experimented with trying to get a better looking NV it seems nearly impossible. D: This is one reason why a lot of people use a DoF and blur the distant terrain so your eyes don't focus on the mis-colored or low detailed LOD. 

I was wondering if you have Archive Invalidation on in MO because your roads are vanilla but some others things are texture packs. Or if you manually removed the road textures yourself. 

There are a number of mods that make the Strip a whole area, instead of dividing it into sections. Will you be adding one to the guide, or is the performance degradation not worth it?

Also, I'm using the Freeside Open version of New Vegas Uncut, pretty cool how it opens up the whole area including the Followers' base, shame about the abysmal performance.

EDIT: Lol, just had a strange glitch where Cass had a misc item called "powder ganger" in her inventory. Took it, dropped it, and a hostile powder ganger spawned. Also, I've noticed that both M4a1s from WOTNM have reload glitches where the magazine does not appear to be removed from the gun. Any way to fix this?

Edited by Jax765

There are a number of mods that make the Strip a whole area, instead of dividing it into sections. Will you be adding one to the guide, or is the performance degradation not worth it?

Also, I'm using the Freeside Open version of New Vegas Uncut, pretty cool how it opens up the whole area including the Followers' base, shame about the abysmal performance.

EDIT: Lol, just had a strange glitch where Cass had a misc item called "powder ganger" in her inventory. Took it, dropped it, and a hostile powder ganger spawned. Also, I've noticed that both M4a1s from WOTNM have reload glitches where the magazine does not appear to be removed from the gun. Any way to fix this?

THe Strip open and Freeside Open mods are just too demanding with the other mods. Outside Bets adds a bunch of NPCs that degrade performance as well, but any of those mods you can use without any compatibility issues.

Not sure about Cass' inventory, but that is a weird glitch. The M4a1s thing might be something wrong with WotNM. I didn't test every single weapon in that pack, but if that is something you notice then ask about it on the nexus thread to see if it is a known bug.

Figured out the bug with the M4. There's an optional folder in the WOTNM archive for Heffy's AR animations. Made a separate mod that included the mesh and sound subdirectories from it, and now the animation works perfectly with all the moving parts and such. You should probably include that in the wiki.

Edited by Jax765

From the MCM settings page:

Adjustable HUD
  • Force HUD visible in MCM - Tick Check box
  • Bracket: Compass - Untick check box
  • Bracket: CND & Ammo - Untick check box
  • Bracket: Radiation Meter - Untick check box
  • Use the rest of the options to move the HUD icons around the screen.

I, for the life of me, cannot figure out why I can't untick any of those check boxes. I can only tick/untick 'Force HUD visible in MCM'. What am I doing wrong?

Edited by rpsgc