Enhanced Mighty Dragons

mightyusaid

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/50945/?

Description 

This is an enhanced version of the (ex) Mighty Dragons. Enhanced Mighty Dragons have better resistances (specially armor) and a lot of new shouts/powers respect to "old" Mighty Dragons. I strongly suggest you to try this new mod, because the game experience may be quite different.16 kind of New Dragons are waiting your challenge!

All vanilla Dragons are substituted by Enhanced Mighty Dragons!

Best Part: SCRIPT FREE

Summary: It basically adds new dragons, and makes the vanilla ones more challenging. I feel like this could be in STEP because its vanilla but better. 

What do u guys think

Mighty Dragons, Deadly Dragons, Dragon Combat Overhaul...

I generally use DD. I have considered adding DCO (and have done so once or twice) but wonder how stable it is.

Any consensus (or opinions) on which one(s) are best?

Yea don't use DD, i prefer DCO and Enhanced mighty dragons since they both affect the dragons differently that go together really well imo.

What is Deadly Dragons not an option?

My question too.  

I really like the MCM menu options in it - especially the one to make quest givers and vendors essential (or is it projected)?

Plus lots of its customizable dragon strengths and encounter options. 

Are comments about not using it due to it causing problems, or you just don't like it or have never tried it?

I've used the loremonger version of Deadly Dragons for quite awhile and in general I like it (and the ability to customize via MCM). I didn't care for all of the fancy effects and new dragons added by the regular version. I use Bellyaches New Dragons to add some extra diversity (actually what I use is a customized version of Bellyaches dragons that removes the static, unleveled dragons that were hand-placed in the world and simply adds the new species to the leveled lists with a chance to spawn like any other dragon).

I've also tried Dragon Combat Overhaul alongside Deadly Dragons, and I didn't have any problems using them together. I like most of the changes in DCO, but it has a few features that I think are pretty unbalanced (I forget exactly what they're all called, limit breaks?, reinforcements, etc). If DCO adds some customization options (via MCM or otherwise) and works through a few of the other remaining bugs, I suspect that it will gain a permanent place in my load order.

I am using only DCO, and have had no problems with it. I always felt like something that big flying by or landing should have physics attached to it, and these do. Pro tip: Don't stand near the edge on the Throat of the World :P

Downside, if you want to call it that, is it may get wounded and just fly off if you're too slow about killing it. Personally I like that aspect. I can see how reinforcements and limit breaks could be pretty unbalanced with something like Deadly Dragons alongside it (or if you played on a super tough difficulty, which ... I don't, lol), but it's doable with my setup.

I monitor my savegames pretty frequently and I've noticed no signs of bloat. Might give this a try alongside it because at this point I've played Skyrim enough to get better at it and I'd like my dragons a little tougher -- but not looking to pile on MOAR scripts.

That Deadly Dragons causes instability and CTDs is a well known fact. Better use DCO if your Skyrim still have room for a heavily scripted mod like I said, and I'm not saying this because of reasons. I don't like ApolloDown but DCO it's ok if you want a dragons mod.