Moon Glow (by isoku)

Noobsayer

Nexus Link

Masser and Secunda now glow. The fuller the moon, the brighter the glow. Glow is more apparent behind clouds and/or near the horizon.

This is a script-free mod that works by expanding the texture dimensions of the moons to make room for a glow overlay. Normally this would result in smaller moons, but the esp file is used to restore the moons back to their original sizes. The esp file can be easily merged into other plugins to free up a slot if needed.

I honestly didn't think the screenshots were that impressive, but it's Isoku, so I tried it out in-game. I dunno if it's because I use a darker ENB (Winterheart II) or if it's just one of those things you need to see in action to really appreciate, but the difference was pretty noticeable to me when I tried it. It's simple, and subtle, but it makes it really obvious that the moons WEREN'T glowing before installing this mod.

Imo fits the "vanilla but better" STEP theme very well, but I'd like to see others' thoughts when using different ENBs or vanilla lighting. Quick screenie of mine that still doesn't really do it justice is below.

Posted Image

I have already adopted it for my ENB... In combination with moon cloud glowing it is just a very nice addition!

Highly recommend that people at least try it out. Even more so if they use an ENB.

Aiyen, do you mean this is incorporated into skylight or that you use it on your setup with skylight?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Judging from the comments, I can't use this with other moon texture replacers or moon size tweaks :-/. Guess I won't be using it then.

Just it out yourself. It only takes five minutes. Try <.5 size moons and then see if the moon glow is bigger than the moon itself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Judging from the comments' date=' I can't use this with other moon texture replacers or moon size tweaks :-/. Guess I won't be using it then.[/quote']

Just it out yourself. It only takes five minutes. Try <.5 size moons and then see if the moon glow is bigger than the moon itself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm currently experiencing some desktop pc issues and probably won't have it running until the weekend :-/. But i'll try it. It would make sense that I can't combine it with moon TEXTURE replacers, right? Since it would overwrite the textures from this mod, thus giving me new textures with no glow, right?