A Real Explorer's Guide to Skyrim

FISS is a plugin to save your MCM configurations between saves, I think :p

Not sure about anything from SRLE, but a ctd right at the start usually means something out of place (record, mesh, something the engine did not expect). Try making sure of the order of the dynamic patches' masters (especially import for LOOT, usually the cause for those types of crash) and ETaC does not seem to be in the right place at all, as Alkira said :p

Good morning all,

I didn't know for FISS (is the need for this plugin confirmed? I've never experienced MCM configurations losses).

Alkira.

Me again.  I've installed all mods patches and done BUM (had to do a few myself like ETAC requiem but should be ok)  but I've think i've found a compatibility problem between SRLE and REGS.

SRLE updated to EFF 4.00 BETA 10 yesterday.  However it looks like the main ESM has changed from XLFMain.esm to EFFCore.esm meaning currently (according to comments from EFF author on the EFF nexus page) interesting NPC's is not currently compatible :/  

As I say not part of this pack so not the packs fault but thought I'd let you know as it'll affect SRLE integration. 

I was going to disable interesting NPC's and keep an eye on it to see when they are compatible again (he does say "not yet" when asked if they are compatible) but just noticed in the REGS patch there isn't an option for just cutting room floor and Dawn of Riften only for cutting room floor and interesting NPCs or all 3.   Will Dawn of Riften and Cutting room floor work together unpatched?

• +1 1

Hello TDarkShadow,

I think you have skipped things from SRLE guide as to merge the "vividian ENB" plugins. Go back to the guide and check that. Sorry it is just a quick look at your plugins list. Are you sure about the place of the ETaC plugins? Are you using BOSS or LOOT?

Edit: What is FISS? Does it come from SRLE either REGS?

Alkira.

I have merged the Vividian ENB esp's, like everything else that should be merged according to SR:LE.I think I'm right about the ETaC Plugins? I sort according LOOT.

FISS is a plugin to save your MCM configurations between saves, I think :p

Not sure about anything from SRLE, but a ctd right at the start usually means something out of place (record, mesh, something the engine did not expect). Try making sure of the order of the dynamic patches' masters (especially import for LOOT, usually the cause for those types of crash) and ETaC does not seem to be in the right place at all, as Alkira said :p

How isn't ETaC in the right place? Because I followed the guide and it should be at the bottom as stated in the REGS guide.

I have merged the Vividian ENB esp's, like everything else that should be merged according to SR:LE.I think I'm right about the ETaC Plugins? I sort according LOOT.

How isn't ETaC in the right place? Because I followed the guide and it should be at the bottom as stated in the REGS guide.

Hi TDarkShadow,

1- "Vividian ENB.esp" only should be in your plugin list;

2- I know the ETaC plugins should go near the bottom, it doesn't mean right before the Bashed Patch but I'm not an expert. LOOT didn't order these plugins on the same position for me. I would rather test before any lighting mod (like "ELE - Interior Lighting.esp"). I just edited the metadata to be sure "ETaC - Complete.esp" loads after "3DNPC.esp" and let LOOT order the others for testing purposes.

Alkira.

Edited by Alkira
  • +1 1

Me again.  I've installed all mods patches and done BUM (had to do a few myself like ETAC requiem but should be ok)  but I've think i've found a compatibility problem between SRLE and REGS.

SRLE updated to EFF 4.00 BETA 10 yesterday.  However it looks like the main ESM has changed from XLFMain.esm to EFFCore.esm meaning currently (according to comments from EFF author on the EFF nexus page) interesting NPC's is not currently compatible :/  

As I say not part of this pack so not the packs fault but thought I'd let you know as it'll affect SRLE integration. 

I was going to disable interesting NPC's and keep an eye on it to see when they are compatible again (he does say "not yet" when asked if they are compatible) but just noticed in the REGS patch there isn't an option for just cutting room floor and Dawn of Riften only for cutting room floor and interesting NPCs or all 3.   Will Dawn of Riften and Cutting room floor work together unpatched?

I am holding off the update for now or using

-Added Force Recruit (Use this until proper patches are made DO NOT DISMISS VIA "It's time for us to part ways." or whatever vanilla dialogue equivalent is, use the system Dismiss)

Edited by thaiusmle

@tdarkshadow

You should go through the srle guide again because you definitely missed a few things. You don't need all of the vividian esps after you merged them but you also still have the ele esps in your list despite having the merged ele esps there as well. I don't understand how the loot algorithm works now because your list is literally almost completely inverted from how boss did mine. I guarantee that many of your ele, elfx, and rw2 edits are getting overridden since loot placed them so high in the load order. This is similar to how mine looked when I used loot and I just went back to boss.

Edited by cstarkey42
  • +1 1

@tdarkshadowYou should go through the srle guide again because you definitely missed a few things. You don't need all of the vividian esps after you merged them but you also still have the ele esps in your list despite having the merged ele esps there as well. I don't understand how the loot algorithm works now because your list is literally almost completely inverted from how boss did mine. I guarantee that many of your ele, elfx, and rw2 edits are getting overridden since loot placed them so high in the load order. This is similar to how mine looked when I used loot and I just went back to boss.

How do you manage all the merged esps with BOSS & BUM?I saw your previous load order and merged esps. If you can share your BUM will be great. Edited by thaiusmle
  • +1 1

Sorry about those trying to get REGS with SRLE to work, I haven't updated that part in a few months now because I'm not doing much modding anymore. You'd need some basic knowledge about tes5edit to use a filter and sort out possible compatibiltiy issues. 

I'd say for now, probably the best temporary solution is to stick to the previous beta version of EFF and everything should/will still work. You would only be missing some of the new functionaltiy, which isn't crucial for your gameplay experience by any means, if you ask me.

How do you manage all the merged esps with BOSS & BUM?I saw your previous load order and merged esps. If you can share your BUM will be great.

Pretty sure the SRLE guide will tell you how to manage them :)

I I think I'm right about the ETaC Plugins? I sort according LOOT.

I don't know about LOOT, never used it, by I know that SRLE still uses BOSS and that both SRLE + REGS work well if you use BOSS. LOOT would probably require some more advanced knowledge of certain mods/esps in order to ensure the correct load order as I think LOOT doesn't sort all the REGS/EtaC esps in the right priority.

How do you manage all the merged esps with BOSS & BUM?I saw your previous load order and merged esps. If you can share your BUM will be great.

Sure, but you really need to go through the guides and figure it out.  Just using my userlist isn't going to solve your problems.  I was looking through your list again (couldn't figure out what a mod was and needed to check now that I'm at my computer.  1)  Deadly spell impacts - two fires.esp is a thing?  Who knew?  2)  Deadly spell impacts is by Isoku?  How did I not know that?) and I see you have guardanimations.esp and guardanimationsgdo.esp.  You should only have one.  Sorry, but there are a lot of things in your list that are causing you some problems so your best bet is to spend some time going through your whole list and the guides to figure it out.  I wish I could be more help but it's definitely not something you'll be able to snap your fingers at and instantly solve.

I don't use BUM, btw, I just use the BOSS GUI but I mainly just go right to my userlist.txt and change/add/delete what I need.

https://pastebin.com/07cDrNs9

I hope that helps.

EFF 4.10 beta does work with interesting npcs via a new mcm option.  As Expired says in a forum post:

Beta 10 you can force followers into the system using the Force Recruit method, it does the same as mind control except it can be done through the MCM. You have to be standing infront of the NPC looking at them for it to show up in the MCM.

Also note the sticky:

Beta 10 changes:
-Added Clear System option to MCM
-Added Fix Actor option to MCM (Use this when a follower is improperly dismissed and cannot be recruited)
-Added Force Recruit (Use this until proper patches are made DO NOT DISMISS VIA "It's time for us to part ways." or whatever vanilla dialogue equivalent is, use the system Dismiss)

WARNING: When followers are dismissed, their "Inventory" contents are dumped into a static container in "followerplugincell", you can assign the target container via MCM by looking at the item ingame (where it shows the open text) and going to the MCM and pressing Set Container.

The new version will not be compatible with existing EFF patches, these will need to be remade unfortunately due to the nature of the changes, however with the event-based API it is much easier to access the EFF functions without actually referencing EFF itself in any way.

I had a chance to try this last night with Gorr and, sure enough, he initially only had the vanilla style dialog options but had the eff wheel dialog style after using the mcm method.  Everything seemed to work great, including what seemed like better sandboxing and invisibility when sneaking (this last one can easily be turned off in the mcm).

I think LOOT may be giving me a bit of a problem in Darkwater Crossing. I seem to have a floating door, a big gap in the terrain, and a tree in one of the shacks. Any idea ideas which mods I probably have mixed up? It isn't really jumping out at me, but my eyes pretty much gloss over now before xEdit even finishes loading.

Hmm the only mod that affects Darkwater Crossing is ETaC I think. Could be that Inns and Taverns also adds a structure there or in the area but I don't recall.

Did you use the userlist.txt provided in the 'BOSS Userlist Sorting' section?

When I did the last install of REGS  I found I had to install some of the new ETaC patches that are in the installer but which aren't mentioned in the guide (like SMIM patch etc.). I loaded almost all of them after ETaC - Complete.esp. Edit: nvm this last point I see that regs has been updated with instructions.

Other mods that potentially modify buildings and/or terrain there are NSutR, Hearthfire Chimneys & 3DNPCs. I say potentially because I don't know for sure since it's been quite some time ago. 

Edit2: Did you select the no inns version of ETaC btw?

Edit3: It's easy to diagnose where the problem is by using MFG Console  , then ingame open the console and point at the floating door it will tell you which esp is (part of) the issue and which formid is the culprit.

Edited by Nearox
  • +1 1