A Real Explorer's Guide to Skyrim

Yeah, I wasn't joking about sticking with BOSS.  I ran LOOT once and decided it is most definitely not for me.  The masterlist sorting is a great idea but it basically took my load order and scrambled it beyond recognition.  I'm sticking with BOSS until I don't have a choice.

:cool: <--  My ninja face (I wish ninja's had a distinctive sound so I could type that instead but, alas, happy dude wearing sunglasses will have to work).

Maybe if I had tried it a little more I would have accepted the changes but some things seemed so out of whack I just immediately went back to boss.  My dynamic patches and bashed patch were somewhere in the middle of my order and that really struck me as odd and just wrong.  I've gotten so used to opening up the boss userlist, ctl-f, change and done that I'm happy being stubborn about it.

Of course, when I say "until I don't have a choice" that means when you, neo, and the mmo gang all permanently switch.  Then I'm SOL.

Good morning all,

"I use LOOT to order my mods as BOSS makes my game to crash before loading it."

SR:LE is not set up to work with LOOT yet. It is specifically arranged to work with BOSS and B.U.M. I expect that you will be having a number of other potential problems. Go back to BOSS and make sure you have followed the instructions. SR:LE works great with REGS, no crashes no problems.

::):

Without the MAS mod installed, it works well with LOOT ordering the plugins (following most of the indications of SRLE-REGS) so far. I've updated all the mods to the latests as indicated in the guides as well and it crashed after the main menu.

No plans to add that mod. It doesn't have navmesh conflicts with Better Docks though because BD doesn't modify navmeshes. However it has conflicts with other mods in the pack such as nernie's cities.
You might be able to run it if you remove REGS - Cities.esp, but I'm not sure what else it might conflict with...

The note about SDO in the guide for Moon and Star might help you with the textures issue. As for the floating people, do you mean there's actually no ground there? If so, it could be caused by the presence of a mod that changes the landscape of that area, but it should be fixed by placing MAS at the bottom of your load order...

I'd recommend placing all this pack's mods after STEP and STEP extended. Redundant mods can just stay where STEP places them however. (Is there any actual redundant mod other than LoS?)

The note about SDO didn't help me. Yes the people of Little Vivec are floating above the sea and I only see some doors floating as well as there is no ground anymore. I tried to put MAS at the bottom wihtout any result.

Thnaks for your replies.

Alkira.

Edited by Alkira

@Alkira: Try installing the optional Undeath compatibility file on the MAS page (even though you don't have the Undeath mod) and place that esp at the very bottom of the load order. Hopefully that will fix the problem.

Also please note that you should move ETaC - Complete.esp and all its patches to the bottom of your load order if using loot. (Or at the very least, place ETaC - Complete.esp AFTER 3DNPC.esp). Else you will have some floating/clipping stuff in a few cities.

@CJ,

Well I'm currently reordering all the mods from SRLE and REGS along with the BUM list to see the result. I will reorder the plugins with BOSS as well.

I realize I let MO ordered the modlist (left panel) using the fixing button and the problem could have happened because of this.

Nonetheless, I keep in mind your new advices.

Thanks for your help.

Edit: I see you have updated the REGS Pack with LOOT recommendations, thanks (but I have to understand why MAS wasn't working properly BTW).

Alkira.

Edited by Alkira

Any suggestion on mod that change Whiterun which is compatible with REGS?

You should be able to use Dawn of Whiterun as it was in the pack some versions ago and the rest of Whiterun hasn't been changed since.

CJ, by the way, wonna open up REGS - Cities again and remove 2 of nernie's houses in Solitude in favor of MannyGT's awesome bookshop? 

(j/k I don't think you feel like ever opening Solitude again) :P:P

Edited by Nearox
  • +1 1

Basically because I know that people will continue to ignore the warnings about that mod not liking magic overhauls resulting in their Undeath quests breaking. The mod is fine for those using a STEP/SRLE + REGS setup, but let's face it, most people will add other mods to their load order, and then problems are bound to happen.

Basically because I know that people will continue to ignore the warnings about that mod not liking magic overhauls resulting in their Undeath quests breaking. The mod is fine for those using a STEP/SRLE + REGS setup, but let's face it, most people will add other mods to their load order, and then problems are bound to happen.

I didn't actually realize there was a problem with this and magic overhauls. What's the main issue? Is it just magic overhauls, or does it get screwy with things like Apocalypse Magic and Forgotten Magic Redone as well? I use Mighty Magick, was kind of hoping it would be compatible.