A Real Explorer's Guide to Skyrim

Thanks.  I've been trying deadly combat also, mixed with ultimate combat.  I saw you had spo in the ace merge so I thought you were getting the perks from that, from how it looks at least.

I have the ACE Smithing tree, but the majority of ACE perks use vanilla ids, so I'm hoping I retain SPO functionality/compatibilty, but I really need to pose that question to Kryptopyr (probably on the Nexus mod page, but I could also copy it to the SPO page here).

* Edit: I see the problem, I didn't place SPO in the list (on this forum, it was correct in my load order when patching) correctly - which is as follows;

Merged Plugin:  Smithing Perks Overhaul_Remade.esp  ACE Archery Dragonborn.esp  ACE Archery.esp  ACE Armor.esp  ACE BYOG.esp  ACE Enchanting.esp  ACE Magic.esp  ACE Melee.esp  ACE Realistic Fighting.esp  ACE Smithing.esp  ACE Speech.esp  ACE Synergy.esp  SSR_ACEArmor_Patch.esp.

Sorry for the confusion. I've reviewed all my merged plugins in Wrye Bash and edited the load orders in my previous post.

Edited by redirishlord

These are just my quick & dirty  merges, that passed a "proper merge script error test". By "proper" I mean that after running the merge script I exited TES5Edit and re-launched it loading only the merged plugin (and its masters get loaded by TES5Edit automatically) and then running the error check.

The proper thing to do (which I have so far put off, and need to take a TES5Edit crash course using the wiki on this site) would be to open my load order in TES5Edit, troubleshoot for conflicts, carry forward desired changes, and then do a truly proper merge.

Yeah, I've been doing my own merges and checking them like you described.  I got sick of dealing with skyre and just started installing ace with a few other overhauls (empowered magic, spo, speedtree, stealth, miko alchemy...) and wasn't sure how easily they'd merge with each esp corresponding to a different bsa.  I didn't want to unpack the bsa since I wasn't going to optimize it, and wasn't sure if unpacking it wouldn't cause more problems, but noticed you had merged them along with a couple other mods I'm adding so it caught my eye.  It passed the error test last night but, yeah, I have to look for conflicts yet.  Just a quick glance, however, and I found very few and most I'm adding have patches for other mods I'm adding so it's coming together nicely.  Much easier than skyre, even if they are all separate mods (though there is some overlap with authors so that seems to be helping a lot).

So, I have noticed an interesting behavior from random NPC's lately that I have never seen in previous Skyrim play-throughs before...  When I am walking through a city, sometimes I will see some random NPC (a guard, or one of the townsfolk, or something) standing with their arms stretched out in front of them, palms upwards, like they would look if they were worshipping at an altar or something.  I can still interact with them normally in every way, and if I wait a while they will eventually stop and wander off, so it doesn't seem like anything is broken.  It is just a little bit creepy.

Like I said, I have never seen this behavior before on any playthrough, but now I am seeing it in pretty much every city.  I am asking here because the only mods I am using now that I haven't used on any previous playthrough are some of the things in the REGS guide.

Has anyone else seen this before, or have any idea where it might come from?

So, I have noticed an interesting behavior from random NPC's lately that I have never seen in previous Skyrim play-throughs before...  When I am walking through a city, sometimes I will see some random NPC (a guard, or one of the townsfolk, or something) standing with their arms stretched out in front of them, palms upwards, like they would look if they were worshipping at an altar or something.  I can still interact with them normally in every way, and if I wait a while they will eventually stop and wander off, so it doesn't seem like anything is broken.  It is just a little bit creepy.

Like I said, I have never seen this behavior before on any playthrough, but now I am seeing it in pretty much every city.  I am asking here because the only mods I am using now that I haven't used on any previous playthrough are some of the things in the REGS guide.

There's really only one explanation:

https://www.southparkstudios.com/clips/153492/a-god-among-sea-men

https://www.southparkstudios.com/clips/153482/sea-people-and-me

with only one logical outcome:

https://www.southparkstudios.com/clips/104215/false-idols

So, yeah...good luck with that.  And, no, sorry, I've never seen that in my game either.

Edited by cstarkey42

Regarding SR:LE + REGS' Expanded Town's and Cities... Nowhere does it state to include SMIM or Wet and Cold: Holidays patches. Is this purposeful, due to the REGs patch covering it?

On a side note, I assume I should include the ETaC Requiem patch option since I plan on layering that on top as well?

EDIT: Regarding the SR:LE REGS conflict resolution page... There are two conflicting edits within the wiki.

Cell Block 7 Sub-Block 8 0001380F WinterholdCollegeHallofCountenance

• Use record from ELE – Interior Lighting.esp.
  • Copy the Owernship and the XCMO – Music Type records from CWIELnFXPatch.esp.

and

Cell Block 7 Sub-Block 8 0001380F <WinterholdCollegeHallofCountenance>

• Use record from ELE-Interior Lighting.esp.
  • Copy the XOWN - Owner and the XCMO - Music Type from CollegeofWinterholdImmersive.esp

Both reference 0001380F WinterholdCollegeHallofCountenance, and both state to use XCMO - Music Type records from CollegeofWinterholdImmersive.esp.

I assume the last edit is correct?

I used the SMIM and W&C patches and they work well, jsut put them in the right order (i.e. after the last master file, usually etac). As for the conflict resolution, I haven't updated that in quite a long time as I am not really too involved in modding anymore but the last edit is indeed correct.

That does seem weird and is very unlikely to be related to any REGS mods. It sounds more like a problem with a certain animation. Do you use FNIS?

That does seem weird and is very unlikely to be related to any REGS mods. It sounds more like a problem with a certain animation. Do you use FNIS?

I do use FNIS, and it just occurred to me that I did not rebuild behavior files after re-doing my load order this last round...thank you for the reminder!  I will have to see if that clears up the creepiness.

In the STEP thread on this mod MannyGT said it isn't since the bookstore in Solitude is in the same place as some of Nernies buildings that REGS includes. Hopefully CJ can resolve this (by moving or removing ::(: some of the Nernies buildings or by moving the Book Store (since Nernies buildings were there first.))

Well there's already a book shop in the outskirts of Solitude with Nernie's cities, and Solitude has literally no place whatsoever to add any house, so I'd have to remove one of the existing ones... :|

Would it be possible to add a door in the Blue Palace that would link to the bookstore. That way it would be like an exclusive library? Or just change the Nernie's bookstore interior to the new more functional one? 

Edited by Teabag86
  • +1 1