A Real Explorer's Guide to Skyrim

@ Noobzor & Red. Ok! I'm about to enhance my normal setup (IP-agro, OBIS, SIC & DD) with DM, ASIS, HLE, SkyTEST and Duel. Better hold on tight I think I'm in for a hell of a ride!

I'll leave Skytweak and DCO for another day. The heart can only take so much. I really appreciate your guidance.

Noobzor, you mentioned MM. I don't know that one?

Edited by Teabag86

You might consider the SIC / HLE integrated package, should give you some unique bosses within SIC's spawn framework.

You might also consider Automatic Variants with the SIC / SkyTEST wildlife integration, I'm enjoying that quite a bit. By limiting my AV packs to a reasonable level (just Bellyache's & StarX's right now) I'm not noticing a performance or stability hit.

I prefer ACE / Deadly Combat to Duel, but otherwise I'm picking up what you're putting down.

I do use the SIC version of HLE, I just failed to mention it.  I also use ACE with Duel.  Deadly Combat is good, but a little too fast paced for me...Duel is more my speed. :)  I was also using AV until just recently, and I cut it for performance gains, but I might add it back in...haven't decided yet. 

Hey guys

Loot is reporting a deleted Navmesh for Thedomain.esp which is provided by REGS patches...

Are we okay or is there a problem?

Thanks!

This is fine.  This should be corrected in the REGS patch version, but because it is the same filename, LOOT is thinking it is the original version.

@ Noobzor & Red. Ok! I'm about to enhance my normal setup (IP-agro, OBIS, SIC & DD) with DM, ASIS, HLE, SkyTEST and Duel. Better hold on tight I think I'm in for a hell of a ride!

I'll leave Skytweak and DCO for another day. The heart can only take so much. I really appreciate your guidance.

Noobzor, you mentioned MM. I don't know that one?

MM is Skyrim Monster Mod.  I am kind of on the fence on this one...I keep adding it and removing it.  The problem is that the full version has some monsters that aren't quite lore friendly.  There is a lore-friendly version that removes some of those, but the esp for the lore friendly version is a mess and has all kinds of unresolved references in the level lists which causes them to not merge correctly in either the TES5Edit merge patch or the Bashed patch.  Even the latest update to the lore friendly version didn't fix it.  Anyway, right now I am using the full, non-lore-friendly version to see how it goes...I might cut it, though, if it is too ridiculous.

Thanks for sharing. Can you share list of esp(s) in your merged esp(s)? Thanks again

Sure.  I actually keep a record of all these, so that I can remember...well, most of them.  Here is my most recent list.  It should be pretty much up-to-date:

Character Customization Merged.esp:Extra Scars.espAzarHair.espRagnarHairstyle.espMacKom_LoreStylesHairSet.espSGHairPackAIO.espzzDreadlocks.espLovelyHairstylesCE.espBeards.espBrows.espDwemer Beards.espTrueBrows.espTrueEyes.espFlansEyesForSkrim.espMagnetic Eyes.espTheEyesOfBeauty.espThe Eyes Of Beauty - Elves Edition.espBizarre Magnetic.espSKmalewarpaints.espBHWarPaints.espDiethardtWarpaint.espWyldMenuPlugFemale.espWyldMenuPlugMale.espAV1WarpaintPack.espBS-TheHag_WarPaints.espBS-TheHag_Overlays.espSKfloralpaints.espSKGwarpaints.espSKLayeredpaints.espSKpaints2.espSKpaints3.espSKtats.espRavenWarpaints.espNuska Warpaint.espRM_HennaOverlay.espKJ Tattoos.espRaceMenu - Norse Tattoos.espRMOverlays - Wings.espAK_RM_Pubic_Styles.espAK_RM_Pubic_Styles_Classic.espRaceMenuOverlayCompilation - CBBE.espACE Merged.esp:ACE Archery.espACE Archery Dragonborn.espACE Archery-Weapons of the Third Era Patch.espACE BYOG.espACE Enchanting.espACE Magic.espACE Melee.espACE Armor.espSSR_ACEArmor_Patch.espACE Realistic Fighting.espACE Synergy.espACE Merged Patch.espaMidianborn_Skyforge_Weapons.esp:aMidianborn_Skyforge_Weapons.espWeaponsArmorFixes_ambSkyforge_Patch.espAOS.esp:AOS.espAOS 2.1 patch.espAOS2_RealisticWaterTwo Patch.espAOS2_WetandCold Patch.espAOS2_EBT Patch.espAOS2_GDO Patch.espAOS2_WAF Patch.espAOS2_RCRN_AE_Patch.espAOS2_FIO Patch.espAOS_TAD Patch.espAOS_DSI Patch.espAOS2_DCOd Patch.espAOS2 merge patch.espBetterQuestObjectives.esp:BetterQuestObjectives.espBetterQuestObjectives-Dawnguard.espBetterQuestObjectives-Hearthfire.espBetterQuestObjectives-BSaQBPatch.espBetterQuestObjectives-DBForevertoMisc.espBetterQuestObjectives-TheChoiceIsYoursPatch.espBetterQuestObjectives-ThievesGuildRequirementsPatch.espBetterQuestObjectives-TimingIsEverythingPatch.espBetterQuestObjectives-PersidRRentalPatch.espBetterQuestObjectives-AMBSkyforgePatch.espBetterQuestObjectives-MoonlightPatch.espBetterQuestObjectives-BetterStealthAIPatch.espBetterQuestObjectives-NECPatch.espBetterQuestObjectives-AFTPatch.espBetterQuestObjectives-AlternateStartPatch.espBetterQuestObjectives-MergedPatch.espBook Covers Skyrim Merged.esp:Book Covers Skyrim.espBCS - BSQBN Patch.espTCIY-BCS Patch.espBCS - RALSS Patch.espBCS - CCOR Patch.espChildren Merged.esp:PrinceandPauper.espXvision Children - CoInc PaP.espXvision Children - Wyrmstooth.espXvision Children - NEC.espPNP_InterestingNPC.espXvision Children - 3DNPC.espChildren Merged Patch.espCollegeOfWinterholdImmersive.esp:CollegeOfWinterholdImmersive.espCWIELnFXPatch.espCWINPCApachiiSkyHair.espCWIDawnguardPatch.espCWIDragonbornPatch.espDiversePriests.esp:DiversePriests.espDiversePriests_ConsistentOlderPeoplePatch.espDiversePriests_BringOutYourDeadPatch.espDiversePriests merged patch.espEnhancedLightsandFX.esp:EnhancedLightsandFX.espELFX - Dragonborn.espELFX - Dawnguard.espELFX - Merged patch.espETaC - Complete Merged Patch.esp:ETaC - Complete NSutR Patch.espETaC - Complete LoS Patch.espETaC - Complete EWDR Patch.espETaC - Complete WC Holidays Patch.espETaC - Complete ELFX Patch.espETaC - Complete Taverns Patch.espETaC - Complete BFT Patch.espETaC - Complete 3DNPCs Patch.espETaC - Complete ImpeREAL Patch.espHearthfireChimneys - ETaC.espREGS Patch - STEP Extended.espFixes Merged.esp:

Proper Aiming.espdD - Realistic Ragdoll Force - Realistic.espSMIM-FurnitureChestSnowFix.espReduced Distance NPC Greetings.espSMIM-DungeonsCliffsIceSkirts.espAppropriately Attired Jarls Redux.espOCR-Fixes.espSMIM-DragonbornTernFix.espmoveitLWT.espNaked Potema.espSMIM-ShackRoofFixesDragonborn.espSMIM-ShackRoofFixes.espdD-No Spinning Death Animation.espSMIM-FarmhouseFlickeringFix.espLFox Better Thieves Guild Practice Locks.espHarvestOverhaulCreatures.esp:HarvestOverhaulCreatures.espHarvestOverhaulCreatures_RND_Animal_Loot_All_DLC.espInconsequential NPCs.esp:Inconsequential NPCs.espInconsequential NPCs - CFR Compatibility Patch.espInconsequential NPCs - Enhancement.espMighty Magick - Merged.esp:Mighty Magick - Alteration.espMighty Magick - Alteration Extras.espMighty Magick - Conjuration.espMighty Magick - Conjuration Extras.espMighty Magick - Destruction.espMighty Magick - Dual Casting.espMighty Magick - Fortify Magic School Enchantment and Alchemy Reversed.espMighty Magick - Illusion.espMighty Magick - Illusion Extras.espMighty Magick - Restoration.espMighty Magick - Restoration Extras.espMighty Magick - Scaling.espMighty Magick - Voice.espNPCs Protected Redux - Merged.esp:NPCs Protected and Uncapped.espNPCs Protected Redux - iNPC.espOBIS.esp:OBIS.espOBISDB.espOBISCloaks&IA7.espPrometheus_No_snow_Under_the_roof.esp:Prometheus_No_snow_Under_the_roof.espPrometheus_NSUTR Falskaar Dock.espPrometheus_NSUTR BDS Patch.espREGS - Cities.esp:REGS - Cities.espREGS Patch - CRF.espSigns Merged.esp:HoldBorderBanners.espPoint The Way.espUniqueBorderGates-All.espUniqueBorderGates-All-PointTheWay.espUniqueBorderGates-All-BetterDGEntrance.espSkyrim Flora Overhaul.esp:Skyrim Flora Overhaul.espSFO - Dragonborn.espSkyTEST-RealisticAnimals&Predators-Merged.esp:SkyTEST-RealisticAnimals&Predators-Dawnguard.espSkyTEST-RealisticAnimals&Predators-Dragonborn.espSkytest Monster Mod.espSkytest Real Wildlife Skyrim.espSkytest Immersive Creatures.espSkytest USKP.espSkytest merged patch.espTheChoiceIsYours.esp:TheChoiceIsYours.espTheChoiceIsYours_Dawnguard.espTimingIsEverything.esp:TimingIsEverything.espTimingIsEverything_RunForYourLives_Patch.espWeapons & Armor Fixes_Remade.esp:Weapons & Armor Fixes_Remade.espWeaponsArmorFixes_GuardDialogueOverhaul_Patch.espWeaponsArmor Merged.esp:TGLNordArmor.espInsanity's Shields.espLore Weapon Expansion - Daedric Crescent.espLore Weapon Expansion - Goldbrand.espLore Weapon Expansion.espUnique Uniques.espUniqueBows.espTCOSS.espWWW.esp

• +1 1

MM is Skyrim Monster Mod.

Thanks I'll keep that one in mind. I think I'm in for a big shock as it is. Thank goodness for UFO! Although I'll probably have to set any follower to essential. Normally I'm ok to let them die - quite realistic. But since installing DD any sign of a dragon was an instant death sentence for a follower. Ha ha - can't wait!

Wow,  I wish I had found out about REGS earlier; nothing like doing blindly what others have already got down to a science.

I've searched the thread and seen no mention of Wheeze's Dungeon Pack, Explorer Dungeon Pack, or Solstheim - The Lost Levels.  Have these ever received consideration?  Are they outside the scope of REGS?

In fact, I rarely see mention of these packs; is there there some sort of issue with them which people avoid them for?

Also, has The Evil Mansion received any consideration?  I haven't been able to play much modded Skyrim (I'm far from a stable game, I think), but I have managed to play around with this and it is fantastic.

• +1 1

In fact, I rarely see mention of these packs; is there there some sort of issue with them which people avoid them for?

Thanks for the links. I hadn't heard of them before and the two dungeon packs and Solstheim dungeons look quite good. To answer your question, the comments about the rogue scripts in the Wheezes dungeon and CTD's in the Explorer Dungeon make me think twice before downloading. I can't speak for everyone though. So I'll wait patiently for redirishlord to test and report back :)

@ CJ3211 or anyone in the know, I tore some holes in my Whiterun, specifically the farms to the south. It may be because I merged the REGS CRF patch, I think its to far west for the Apple Garden but I merged that too. Any thoughts on what would leave me without some triangular patches in those fields, it was amusing kiting a young tundra troll into one but I think I've lost farmers and / or companions when I wasn't looking.