A Real Explorer's Guide to Skyrim

You shouldn't notice a performance hit with REGS Cities, and it has a rebuilt navmesh so I'd use it. Some users mention a performance hit with ETaC, but the textures are 1k (or whatever you normally use if you select vanilla in the installer) and it really does a great job of improving the smaller cities & towns (doesn't touch the larger cities, yet).

Well I actually only have my vanilla preset at medium. For some reason my computer completly tanks at ultra. I'm almost solely using 1k textures though. I optimized all mods(except for HiRes DLC) with 1k limits, and It's rare I see a vanilla texture. I have all the texture mods of STEP;Extended, except for Skyrim Flora Overhaul, and I'm not using any distant terrain mods either.

I'll go ahead and install them then. Should I optimize ETaC?

Edited by Halde

I don't believe ETaC textures need optimizing, but I'm no authority on that. Of course if you don't like the ETaC textures (or think they aren't perf friendly for you) you can always runn the installer again and select "vanilla" (ETaC's definition of vanilla is whatever else you have installed I believe) to get your existing (optimized) textures back on the ETaC farmhouses and such.

Edited by redirishlord

ETaC is the biggest performance hit for the simple reason that it expands already performance-intensive areas of vanilla such as falkreath and dawnstar. The ETaC textures are (as noted) 1k x .5k mostly and do not contribute significantly to VRAM use. Personally I have recently stopped using etac - complete and now instead have modular etac for the smaller towns (riverwood, ivarstead etc.) only. 

@ Halde: Generally speaking it would be bad. However, CJ2311 has fixed the navmesh of thedomain.esp in the CK. If there is 1 deleted navmesh left it will not be harmful to your stability. Just make sure you are using the replace esp included in the REGS Patch Isntaller. 

Can be done - I would suggest weather and lighting first, then when you have that right add in REGS. Merge your weather plugins and your ETaC plugins and anything else you can merge. Then when that is all happy and up and running then add Requiem. If planning to add Requiem, follow the notes in the REGS with respect to Requiem then I would also leave out the Quest mods in REGS as without patches the enemies may be too weak. Helgen Reborn should be patched soon though.

Good luck,

::):

Hi. Step guide recommends the use of LOOT, in A Real Explorer's Guide is also BOSS. I am beginner in modding, so my question is if I can use just LOOT?

Edited by zloty77

I spent two days installing REGS. When i turn the game i see menu and got CTD... STEP Core works fine. Is the fault of the LOOT? BOSS is necessary?

LOOT should work fine with REGS. CJ2311 has added special LOOT rules for mods that need it, make sure you did not miss any of those instructions.

Also I've seen reprots of people that LOOT sometimes changes the load order even though nothing changed in your mod list. That said, it is used by STEP and it should work fine with REGS.

If you get a CTD at startup it means you are missing a master. Does MO not give you a working for any esp?