A Real Explorer's Guide to Skyrim

I've been trying to play the REGS quests for ages now but get too caught up doing the vanilla thing and survival mods. Anyway I've now checked all the quest mods and made a note on how to start them so I can work my way through the list. It might be worth mentioning in the guide that a number have a recommended minimum start level:-

The Lost Wonders of Mzark Lvl 25

The Secret of Dragonhead Lvl 30

ORS The Gate of Solitude Lvl 35

ORS Morthal Pain Lvl 38

The Temple of Black Rock Lvl 40

The Shadow of Meresis scales with character and I know Predags mods do as well as I've finished those.

I have no idea about 13 Oranges (Sea of Ghosts, And the Realms of the Daedra, No Mercy) as I can't search the comments on Steam

I assume FAtT can be any level as it seems more about exploration - although I once stumbled into The Aldmeri Domain (III) by accident at a low level and got my butt handed to me.

I've played half of Helgen Reborn (3 times now - must finish it on the next playthrough!) and imagine Lvl 10 would be about right?

Any idea on Moon and Star?

I know Wyrmstooth and Falskaar are new worlds and not specifically quests. Any level recommendation for those?

I've been trying to play the REGS quests for ages now but get too caught up doing the vanilla thing and survival mods. Anyway I've now checked all the quest mods and made a note on how to start them so I can work my way through the list. It might be worth mentioning in the guide that a number have a recommended minimum start level:-

ORS Morthal Pain Lvl 38

The Shadow of Meresis scales with character and I know Predags mods do as well as I've finished those.

I have no idea about 13 Oranges (Sea of Ghosts, And the Realms of the Daedra, No Mercy) as I can't search the comments on Steam

I assume FAtT can be any level as it seems more about exploration - although I once stumbled into The Aldmeri Domain (III) by accident at a low level and got my butt handed to me.

I've played half of Helgen Reborn (3 times now - must finish it on the next playthrough!) and imagine Lvl 10 would be about right?

I know Wyrmstooth and Falskaar are new worlds and not specifically quests. Any level recommendation for those?

Wyrmstooth is level 10+

Faalskaar works at pretty much any level.

I have a problem.

The REGS - Cities.esp supposedly contains Nemie's City and Village Expansion without it enabled, but when I go to WindhelmExterior02 in-game, I see broken parts of the bulidings added by NCaVE. For example, there's a floating fish drying rack, invisible walls, a staircase leading to nowhere, and a smith hammering away in the open air surrounded by invisible walls in the dimension of a building. How do I fix this?

Perhaps related, but Dawnstar has very ugly perfectly flat snow everywhere :S It's added by ETaC, but I don't know if it's some incompatibility between Better Snow and No Snow Under Roof or something.

I have a problem.

The REGS - Cities.esp supposedly contains Nemie's City and Village Expansion without it enabled, but when I go to WindhelmExterior02 in-game, I see broken parts of the bulidings added by NCaVE. For example, there's a floating fish drying rack, invisible walls, a staircase leading to nowhere, and a smith hammering away in the open air surrounded by invisible walls in the dimension of a building. How do I fix this?

Perhaps related, but Dawnstar has very ugly perfectly flat snow everywhere :S It's added by ETaC, but I don't know if it's some incompatibility between Better Snow and No Snow Under Roof or something.

Did you install the meshes/textures from Nernie's? The only thing not to install from the 1.25 download is the .esp, which is also why 1.26 is not needed by the way because 1.26 is just an esp update. You still need the mesh and texture assets from that mod.

ORS Morthal Pain Lvl 38

That would actualyl be nice to add indeed, imho. To provide an overview.

I did Moon and Star around lvl 15 I think and it wasn't too challenging. I also had High Level Enemies and a couple other difficulty increasing mods installed. I seriously recommend that questline, the ending is pretty sick and results in a pretty cool minor enhancement to your game world.

Did you install the meshes/textures from Nernie's? The only thing not to install from the 1.25 download is the .esp, which is also why 1.26 is not needed by the way because 1.26 is just an esp update. You still need the mesh and texture assets from that mod.

That would actualyl be nice to add indeed, imho. To provide an overview.

No, I used the REGS-Cities file, which supposedly merged all four or so mods appropriately.

No, I used the REGS-Cities file, which supposedly merged all four or so mods appropriately.

According to the guide, you still need to install Nernies but follow the Special Instructions:

Special Instructions: Do not install the following file(s) and/or folder(s):

• NerniesOptionalFiles folder
  • NerniesCityandVillageReadme.txt
  • NerniesCityandVillageExpansion.esp

Have you considered this mod?

The mod has came up several times in the thread and it seems to have quite a few conflicts with out mods.

Edited by gpthree

Very basic question but how does one install a mod without the esp or other files through mo? I know how to restructure a zip file and then install manually and how to hide files. Is not installing a portion of the file different? Sorry if this is really basic.

Edited by bern43

Yeah, while the Lighthouse and Sewers instructions mention not to download said mods, you should still download Nernie's but then just do not install some of the files as mentioned in the pack and in the response by gpthree. 

The mod has came up several times in the thread and it seems to have quite a few conflicts with out mods.

It conflicts with some of 13Oranges mods, out of the top of my head. Also the main reason TES Arena is not included is because there is no dialogue, no quests, no voice acting and last time I chcekd the navmesh wasn't finished either. While the city exteriors are very well done aesthetically, any big mod included in REGS should bring more to the table. TES Arena is a veyr promising and lore-friendly project though. If/when it gets finished it would be something to test for sure.

Very basic question but how does one install a mod without the esp through mo? I know how to restructure a zip file and then install manually and how to hide files. Is not installing a portion of the file different? Sorry if this is really basic.

First you install like any other mod. THen in MO in the left-pane, double-click the mod name, go to Optional ESP tab and move the esp from bottom to the top box.

Whether you hide them or remove them does not matter. The result is the same, in that those files & folders will not be loaded by Skyrim. The only difference is that the hide function makes it easier for testing purposes (to unhide again later) and to have an overview later on which mod files & folders you hid in the past. 

Although TES Arena Frontier Fortress is still a WIP, progress continues;

[spoiler=Progress as of v1.88]Progress as of v1.86

- Increased population of the city with a minor increase of the size.- Remade and fix of all navmeshes.- New city automatic gates.- A new Julianos Chapel.- Road between the city and a vanilla road.- Fix a lot of typos in the esp.- Added keys to Blackmore houses.- Remade of Almost all interiors.- Fixed minor error in all the ESP.-Finally al the navmeshes are complete. I have tested all of them whith follower for a lot of hours, so now i can say, they are safe.Dont forget to visit the new chapel of julianos in the center of Blackmoor.Blackmoor, Northkeep, Dunparwall and Granitehall are in his final stage. I will not make any major change in this cities. (I will add dialogs and quest)The mod use the Correct locations, so it works with the vanilla quest. (Thief guild, Dark Brotherhood quest, companions, etc)The ten cities are fully populated with NPC's; they have packages and factions for the correct, lore friendly functionality.The size of the buildings in relation to interior and exterior are the same; small buildings have a small interior, large building have large interiors etcetra.NOTE: this is a WIP proyect. Im now working in complete the tes arena map and add dialogs and quest to the mod.

I have uploaded the version 1.88. This includes some fixes (typos and visual) and a complete remade of Blackmoor.I have made a road to connect the town, have made a sewers-mine system, increased the farm size and add a little more population.Also you can go now to the Chapel of julianos.

Still unfinished, but one to watch I think.