A Real Explorer's Guide to Skyrim

Okay, you're loading ELFX before REGS patches? My understanding was that the following meant load them after:"Generally speaking, the REGS patches and custom esp files should go near the bottom of your loader order but BEFORE any lighting mods you might have (ELFX, ELE, and RLO)."

That's one of the first sentences put into that section of REGS back in february and is no longer valid I think. Primary reason was because ETaC at the time did not have ELFX compatibility, but now it does. 

Of course it's still valid. Lighting mods always must be near the bottom, otherwise they'll just get overwritten by whatever cell record.As for ETaC, it doesn't matter, since the patch has to be loaded after both plugins...

I've taken a look through the thread here but can't seem to verify this: Are the LOOT rules in the guide all we need to do as far as LOOT is concerned? I see recommendations for BOSS load order for the REGS patches and a BOSS rule list, but nothing additional for LOOT. LOOT definitely isn't automatically ordering things the way the page recommends.

Yes, that's all you should need, the reason why BOSS rules are so numerous is that a lot of the mods aren't in the masterlist, which obviously doesn't matter when you use LOOT. I checked multiple times with an installation of STEP 2.2.9 and those 2 rules were enough to avoid conflicts with the mods. Edited by CJ2311

Well, as you said though, most mods have ELFX patches so that doesn't really matter. And those that don't will conflict regardless of load order.

Also, when I mention lighting mods I'm mostly referring to stuff that affects imagespaces, such as the ELFX Enhancer, ELE, or RLO's interior lighting module.

Already have a working step extended install with some lighting (relighting skyrim) and weather mods and an enb (phinix natural). I'd like to add regs and some of the immersive survival pack mods (frostfall, hunterborn, ineed - since rnd doesn't seem to be supported anymore). I noticed the immersive pack and regs are not listed as compatible. Am I asking for a bad time with this mix? Don't really feel like installing srle (includes some survival mods) as I'm pretty happy with the combo I'm currently running. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!!

I'd like to add regs and some of the immersive survival pack mods (frostfall, hunterborn, ineed - since rnd doesn't seem to be supported anymore).

I run those mods without any problems or conflicts with REGS. They will no doubt change your playing style. You'll spend half your time ensuring you have food, the right equipment, setting up camp and making sure you sleep enough. This isn't a bad thing, it's just different and exploring and quest completion will take muuuuuuch longer. Great fun for roleplaying. I recently dropped all my needs mods to do more questing but ended up putting them back in because ultimately I enjoy the play style.

If you love the survival game, you might like these;

Hidden Hideouts of Skyrim by lesi123

Hidden Hideouts of Skyrim City Edition by lesi123

Craftable and Placeable Havok-enabled Bedrolls by Neuroliquisity

The hideouts can give you a needed respite if you don't own / aren't near a home or can't find / afford an inn. The bedrolls havok, so they're nicer to sleep on than a surfboard (unless you threw your back out 'cause Lidia wasn't around to carry your burdens).

Cooking for Alchemy by acdcdave1387

Campfire Cooking by fireundubh

You might as well get experience for all that pemmican you're making, CFA will do that for you. Campfire cooking lets you cook at campfires, all of them. Perfect when you're on the road at second breakfast, or elevensies, or tea, or for filling in the corners.

• +1 2

Hidden Hideouts looks good thanks. I'll add another recommendation

CKotNR for when you just want a simple camp setup - particularly if you want to use Hypothermia instead of FF

REGS recommended Inns and Taverns is really handy as well, especially the Icy Mammoth in the frozen northern wastelands

BTW HB is a cornucopia of hidden survival features unlocked through making and drinking strangbrew and levelling scrimshaw skills to create weapons - one of my favourite mods!

• +1 1

I do miss those those cool necklaces I used to make at camp, but trying to kill and skin everything from Riverwood to BFB was killing my papyrus. I suppose I could enjoy HB without the full on Frostafall/Needs package.

>>> you got me, I just downloaded HB. Had no idea this was being kept current with updates, pleasantly surprised.

Edited by redirishlord

>>> you got me, I just downloaded HB. Had no idea this was being kept current with updates, pleasantly surprised.

Haha. You'll see I absolutely haunt that forum. My secret is out! I've done a lot of testing on the beta's so know HB pretty much inside out. V1.4 Beta 5 is quite stable. V1.4 Alpha should be out in a couple of weeks. Check out the new wicked master bow once you level up scrimshaw. Perfect for a hunter playthrough when combined with Hunting in Skyrim.

Unuroboros has another ridiculously underated mod called Draugnarok, where the Draugr rise up and take over Skyrim (zombie apocalypse). Here's my feedback on it

"Draugnarok totally blew my mind! If you have a character that you are bored with and want them to go out in an absolute blaze of glory defending the world from the zombie apocalypse then this is it! You have never seen Skyrim like this. NPC's that you know and love will die! The list of casualties will be high and forever growing. Forget quests, you are fighting for your life. The mod plays out like a horror movie and builds and builds and builds....It was a load of fun."

Edited by Teabag86
  • +1 1

Alright . . . so with LOOT, should I just put ELFX down with the bashed patch maybe?

Assuming you have ELE as well, go for this load order:- ELFX- ELE- Bashed Patch

Already have a working step extended install with some lighting (relighting skyrim) and weather mods and an enb (phinix natural). I'd like to add regs and some of the immersive survival pack mods (frostfall, hunterborn, ineed - since rnd doesn't seem to be supported anymore). I noticed the immersive pack and regs are not listed as compatible. Am I asking for a bad time with this mix? Don't really feel like installing srle (includes some survival mods) as I'm pretty happy with the combo I'm currently running. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!!

I use Relighting Skyrim and never had any issues with it. The survival mods also work with (isoku even made REGS - Cities compatible with iNeed)The compatible packs are not listed because I am waiting for the packs to become "official" when STEP 2.3.0 to check that. :)

I do miss those those cool necklaces I used to make at camp, but trying to kill and skin everything from Riverwood to BFB was killing my papyrus. I suppose I could enjoy HB without the full on Frostafall/Needs package.>>> you got me, I just downloaded HB. Had no idea this was being kept current with updates, pleasantly surprised.

Ah nice, HB has been made compatible with Immersive Armors 7, thanks for reminding me to check that mod. :D

The compatible packs are not listed because I am waiting for the packs to become "official" when STEP 2.3.0 to check that. :)

You might be waiting a while, we just released 2.2.9. Also, we want to do a proposal with all the pack authors getting their input on what works and what doesn't, what could added and removed, and petty much anything else. Think we need to start that soon though before the semester starts... man this summer crap goes by fast.

The sooner the better if you ask me. However I might be unable to help much if you start after September, since I've signed up for courses in Japanese and sign language in addition to the uni work I'm gonna have to deal with. :|
And we all know how my attempt with MW templates went.