A Real Explorer's Guide to Skyrim

I have updated the REGS - SRLE Compatibiltiy guide. I'll provide my SRLE-REGS compatibility patch esp soon which people can use instead of the outdated manual tes5editng instructions. I'll see if the mod section needs more updates still. 

This is my version at the moment which I will go over once more tomorrow to double check.

If anyone is willing, you can download it here and provide some feedback:

https://app.box.com/s/0vzr5iwh6fv3lnt034q2

I'd love to give your patch a shot, but I don't have DragonmournInn.esp or ELE Interior Lighting Merge, because I have my own ELE patch [spoiler=ELE EDWS RS Merged]ELE-Spell and Torch Lighting.espRelighting Skyrim - Update.espRelightingSkyrim.espRelighting Skyrim - Dawnguard.espRelighting Skyrim - HearthFire.espRelighting Skyrim - Dragonborn.espELE-FX Emittance.espELE HF-Interior Lighting.espELE-Interior Lighting.espELE DG-Interior Lighting.espELE DB-Interior Lighting.espELE-Weathers.espELE Dragonborn-Weathers.espenhanceddynamicweathersystem.espELE-Imagespaces.esp

I'm guessing that DmInn is from FAtT? I'm not really interested in adding that to my lineup. N00b question; how easy is it for me to alter your patch to remove FAtT references with TES5Edit (or am I confused as to what's possible?) &/or tell it my ELE merge is the same as the one its looking for?

• +1 1

I'd love to give your patch a shot, but I don't have DragonmournInn.esp or ELE Interior Lighting Merge, because I have my own ELE patch [spoiler=ELE EDWS RS Merged]ELE-Spell and Torch Lighting.espRelighting Skyrim - Update.espRelightingSkyrim.espRelighting Skyrim - Dawnguard.espRelighting Skyrim - HearthFire.espRelighting Skyrim - Dragonborn.espELE-FX Emittance.espELE HF-Interior Lighting.espELE-Interior Lighting.espELE DG-Interior Lighting.espELE DB-Interior Lighting.espELE-Weathers.espELE Dragonborn-Weathers.espenhanceddynamicweathersystem.espELE-Imagespaces.esp

I'm guessing that DmInn is from FAtT? I'm not really interested in adding that to my lineup. N00b question; how easy is it for me to alter your patch to remove FAtT references with TES5Edit (or am I confused as to what's possible?) &/or tell it my ELE merge is the same as the one its looking for?

I'm not sure if this is the best method but it is the one I use - remove the master within TES5Edit and then check for errors, it will view as an error everything related to the previous master (it is the quickest but most likely most error prone way. It's good enough for quick tests though)As for changing the master that can be easily done in WB, just click the esp, on the right side right click on a master and change it :p Dont forget to save!

• +1 2

Beyond Reach... I tried that mod when it was released, it had over 5000 (not 9000 sadly) UDRs. Turns out it deleted every single dwemer pipe using a certain model (dwepipe03 if memory serves me right) from the game...

Mass deletes

I'm not sure if this is the best method but it is the one I use - remove the master within TES5Edit and then check for errors, it will view as an error everything related to the previous master (it is the quickest but most likely most error prone way. It's good enough for quick tests though)As for changing the master that can be easily done in WB, just click the esp, on the right side right click on a master and change it :p Dont forget to save!

I feel comfortable using Wrye to switch up the ELE master (since Nearox's merge content is part of my own merge) but I'm not sure what problems I would create by using the compatibility patch without the FAtT mods it expects to be present. Any insight into whether that's (removing the Dragonmourn Inn master) a good idea?

The STEP DDSopt guide is great and there'sa  tab which lists a lot (all?) of the STEP mods and their potential reductions in VRAM use if pushing them through DDSopt. Generally however reducing VRAM load will not lead to major FPS increases unless you are overloading your GPU's maximum VRAM or are nearing the limit -which can of course easily be the case if you run a lot of mods. 

The DDSopt guide is a little behind in adding in all the mods from this pack and SR:LE. The DDSopt log data has been collected, but other parts of the guide have been getting some attention.

Beyond Reach... I tried that mod when it was released, it had over 5000 (not 9000 sadly) UDRs. Turns out it deleted every single dwemer pipe using a certain model (dwepipe03 if memory serves me right) from the game...

Wow, just wow.

Currently LOOT reports the following:

arnima.espCRC: 6C0A1FFA

no mention of ITM or UDR to be cleaned, is there another approach I should take to investigate further?

According to forum posts it sounds like the mod is receiving a lot of attention, so perhaps the UDR issue has been taken care of? Remember, I did say "may not be ready for prime time" ;-)

Well if he just ran the ITM/UDR filters, that still won't delete the wild edits and will just properly disable all those pipes instead of delete them. But as I said, that was in the original version and the first update (so v1, not v2). Still, that pretty much killed all my interest in the mod.

• +1 1

So, unlikely I'm going to surprise with anything I find, how about Salem? Arena fights, witch hunts, other goodness, any opinion?

So, I ran TES5Edit (switched ELE - Interiors required master to my own merged patch, switched DragonmournInn required master to ETaC DragonBridge South so TES5Edit would launch) and received

[spoiler='Checking for Errors in [E2] REGS - SRLE Patch.esp'][00:00] CNAM - Climate -> Found a LGTM reference, expected: CLMT[00:00] LTMP - Interior Lighting -> Found a WTHR reference, expected: LGTM[00:00] Above errors were found in :Blackreach "Blackreach" [WRLD:0001EE62][00:00] XLCN - Location -> [05047D62] [00:00] Above errors were found in :AAADragonmournMineExterior001 [CELL:000093B0] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C] at -29,16)[00:00] XLCN - Location -> [05011F88] [00:00] Above errors were found in :AAADragonmournexterior01 [CELL:0000936B] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C] at -26,18)[00:00] XLCN - Location -> [05011F88] [00:00] Above errors were found in :AAADragonmournside [CELL:0000936A] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C] at -25,18)[00:00] Above errors were found in :GRUP Exterior Cell Sub-Block 2, -4[00:00] Above errors were found in :GRUP Exterior Cell Block 0, -1[00:00] Above errors were found in :GRUP World Children of Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C][00:00] Above errors were found in :GRUP Top "WRLD"[00:00] XCIM - Image Space -> Found a LGTM reference, expected: IMGS[00:00] LTMP - Lighting Template -> Found a IMGS reference, expected: LGTM,NULL[00:00] Above errors were found in :WinterholdCollegeArcanaeum "The Arcanaeum" [CELL:00013810][00:00] Above errors were found in :GRUP Interior Cell Sub-Block 8[00:00] LTMP - Lighting Template -> Found a IMGS reference, expected: LGTM,NULL[00:00] Above errors were found in :BYOHHouse1Falkreath "Lakeview Manor" [CELL:06002FEC][00:00] Above errors were found in :GRUP Interior Cell Sub-Block 6[00:00] Above errors were found in :GRUP Interior Cell Block 8[00:00] XCIM - Image Space -> Found a LGTM reference, expected: IMGS[00:00] Above errors were found in :DLC2RRTemple "Temple of The Reclamations" [CELL:08017EC3][00:00] XCIM - Image Space -> Found a LGTM reference, expected: IMGS[00:00] LTMP - Lighting Template -> Found a IMGS reference, expected: LGTM,NULL[00:00] Above errors were found in :WinterholdCollegeHallofCountenance "Hall of Countenance" [CELL:0001380F][00:00] Above errors were found in :GRUP Interior Cell Sub-Block 8[00:00] XCIM - Image Space -> [0102D6BD] [00:00] LTMP - Lighting Template -> [0102D6BF] [00:00] Above errors were found in :BYOHHouse3PaleBasement "Heljarchen Hall, Cellar" [CELL:06016A55][00:00] Above errors were found in :GRUP Interior Cell Sub-Block 5[00:00] Above errors were found in :GRUP Interior Cell Block 7[00:00] XCIM - Image Space -> Found a LGTM reference, expected: IMGS[00:00] LTMP - Lighting Template -> Found a IMGS reference, expected: LGTM,NULL[00:00] Above errors were found in :WinterholdCollegeHallofTheElements "Hall of the Elements" [CELL:0001380E][00:00] Above errors were found in :GRUP Interior Cell Sub-Block 8[00:00] XCIM - Image Space -> [0102D6BC] [00:00] LTMP - Lighting Template -> [0102D6BE] [00:00] Above errors were found in :BYOHHouse2HjaalmarchBasement "Windstad Manor, Cellar" [CELL:06015154][00:00] Above errors were found in :GRUP Interior Cell Sub-Block 5[00:00] Above errors were found in :GRUP Interior Cell Block 6[00:00] XCIM - Image Space -> Found a LGTM reference, expected: IMGS[00:00] LTMP - Lighting Template -> Found a IMGS reference, expected: LGTM,NULL[00:00] Above errors were found in :WhiterunDrunkenHuntsman "The Drunken Huntsman" [CELL:000165B7][00:00] Above errors were found in :GRUP Interior Cell Sub-Block 7[00:00] XCIM - Image Space -> Found a LGTM reference, expected: IMGS[00:00] Above errors were found in :WinterholdCollegeMidden01 "The Midden" [CELL:0002BCD7][00:00] Above errors were found in :GRUP Interior Cell Sub-Block 1[00:00] Above errors were found in :GRUP Interior Cell Block 5[00:00] XCIM - Image Space -> Found a WTHR reference, expected: IMGS[00:00] LTMP - Lighting Template -> Found a CLMT reference, expected: LGTM,NULL[00:00] Above errors were found in :DLC2HrodulfsHouse "Hrodulf's Cellar" [CELL:08021074][00:00] Above errors were found in :GRUP Interior Cell Sub-Block 8[00:00] XCIM - Image Space -> Found a LGTM reference, expected: IMGS[00:00] LTMP - Lighting Template -> Found a IMGS reference, expected: LGTM,NULL[00:00] Above errors were found in :WinterholdCollegeArchMageQuarters "Arch-Mage's Quarters" [CELL:000CAB92][00:00] Above errors were found in :GRUP Interior Cell Sub-Block 5[00:00] XCIM - Image Space -> Found a REFR reference, expected: IMGS[00:00] LTMP - Lighting Template -> Found a REFR reference, expected: LGTM,NULL[00:00] Above errors were found in :DLC1RedwaterDen02 "Redwater Spring" [CELL:04005EAA][00:00] Above errors were found in :GRUP Interior Cell Sub-Block 3[00:00] Above errors were found in :GRUP Interior Cell Block 4[00:00] XCIM - Image Space -> Found a LGTM reference, expected: IMGS[00:00] Above errors were found in :BYOHHouse2Hjaalmarch "Windstad Manor" [CELL:06011CB3][00:00] Above errors were found in :GRUP Interior Cell Sub-Block 8[00:00] XCIM - Image Space -> Found a LGTM reference, expected: IMGS[00:00] LTMP - Lighting Template -> Found a IMGS reference, expected: LGTM,NULL[00:00] Above errors were found in :WinterholdCollegeHallofAttainment "Hall of Attainment" [CELL:000CAB91][00:00] Above errors were found in :GRUP Interior Cell Sub-Block 5[00:00] Above errors were found in :GRUP Interior Cell Block 3[00:00] XCIM - Image Space -> Found a REFR reference, expected: IMGS[00:00] LTMP - Lighting Template -> Found a REFR reference, expected: LGTM,NULL[00:00] Above errors were found in :DLC2RRBulwarkCave "Coldcinder Cave" [CELL:0803929E][00:00] Above errors were found in :GRUP Interior Cell Sub-Block 4[00:00] Above errors were found in :GRUP Interior Cell Block 2[00:00] Above errors were found in :GRUP Top "CELL"[00:00] Above errors were found in :[E2] REGS - SRLE Patch.esp[00:00] All Done!

I'm just not sure what to do with that information. Is there a TES5Edit function that allows me to remove those references?

Would doing so ruin any value in me proceeding to test the now cleaned and customized version of the REGS - SRLE patch?

Sorry redirishlord, I don't know of a better method to remove a master and its related edits from a patch apart from the one described above. 

For now I will not be bringing out a version without FATT. In fact, the patch is aimed at a full install (excludign LoS and gameplay-changes mods) as mentioned in the new introduction of the updated compatibility guide. I cannot give support btw for esp merges or mods that go beyond original SRLE.

Might I ask though, what is wrong with FATT? Episode IV in particular (which is dragonmourninn if I am not mistaken) is really good, the environment of DB South is beautiful imho.

Edited by Nearox
  • +1 1

So, unlikely I'm going to surprise with anything I find, how about Salem? Arena fights, witch hunts, other goodness, any opinion?

Well, 13Oranges' Pit Fighter addon already provides pretty good arena fights though.

Also:

So, I ran TES5Edit (switched ELE - Interiors required master to my own merged patch, switched DragonmournInn required master to ETaC DragonBridge South so TES5Edit would launch) and received

I'm just not sure what to do with that information. Is there a TES5Edit function that allows me to remove those references?

Would doing so ruin any value in me proceeding to test the now cleaned and customized version of the REGS - SRLE patch?

You go to the FormID's (in REGS - SRLE Patch.esp in the left pane) spit out by the error log and simply remove them. That should solve most errors.

Edited by Nearox
  • +1 1

My concern regarding FAtT was (quoting the REGS pack):

"Fight Against the Thalmor II - The Cyrodiil Frontier

Warning: This mod is known to cause 100% reproducible CTDs (even on its own) and has therefore been removed from the guide. This entry is just here so you know that you shouldn't download it at the moment, hence the absence of a link to the mod."

I've also had reproducible CTDs with 13oranges Oakwood village, and no productive response from him regarding that. Also his mods are Steam exclusive so not much in the way of informed forum comments (no need to debate whether Nexus forum comments are informed in this thread) so my thinking was that TES Arena Frontier & Salem (both actively supported and updated) might be better alternatives (at least for me, not trying to rewrite the REGS pack just sharing my thoughts).

I'm probably better of hitting the "books" (read: "wiki") and learning to make a proper compatibility patch for my particular load order, which I'll do after I finish DDSopt-imizing my STEP & SR - LE mods (vanilla was a breeze with the batch files provided).

My concern regarding FAtT was (quoting the REGS pack):

"Fight Against the Thalmor II - The Cyrodiil Frontier

Warning: This mod is known to cause 100% reproducible CTDs (even on its own) and has therefore been removed from the guide. This entry is just here so you know that you shouldn't download it at the moment, hence the absence of a link to the mod."

I've also had reproducible CTDs with 13oranges Oakwood village, and no productive response from him regarding that. Also his mods are Steam exclusive so not much in the way of informed forum comments (no need to debate whether Nexus forum comments are informed in this thread) so my thinking was that TES Arena Frontier & Salem (both actively supported and updated) might be better alternatives (at least for me, not trying to rewrite the REGS pack just sharing my thoughts).

I'm probably better of hitting the "books" (read: "wiki") and learning to make a proper compatibility patch for my particular load order, which I'll do after I finish DDSopt-imizing my STEP & SR - LE mods (vanilla was a breeze with the batch files provided).

1) Yes, I do not use FATT II either. But you can/should still install the other ones they are worth it and more or less independent episodes.

2) During early REGS developments we alsot ried Oakwood Village and experienced some CTDs, which were due to navmesh deletions if I remember correctly. In the end the decision was not to include it because of that and because there is already MAS in that area.

3) I seriously doubt that TES Arena is any match to the quality of FATT as it currently stands. FATT  = tows + interios + voiced NPCs + unique and befitting stories. TES Arena = exteriors.... My personal opinion :)

• +1 1