A Real Explorer's Guide to Skyrim

Yeah, I used the no inns version for sure. I'm thinking that I either missed a patch or have something not sorted correctly. I've seen LOOT produce some very different load orders with similar userlists.

As Nearox said, you should use MFG Console to figure out which esp is moving the door/house. That's probably your best bet.Otherwise, If you could send me your load order, I'll have a look at it. LOOT is getting on my nerves with its tendency to not always give the exact same load order...

I'm sure I'm missing the obvious here, but is there a LOOT equivalent to BUM (BOSS Userlist Manager)? I'd like to set some exceptions/rules to help LOOT help me, but I'm not sure how (I'm currently using lock load order for individual plugins in MO's right pane, but that is less than ideal).

Edited by redirishlord

Ah yeah I think Nernie's adds a small dock there or something. In any case the REGS - Cities.esp indeed covers all of Nernie's so no need to enable Nernie's original esp. 

As for LOOT, yeah I tried it for like 2 hours, then I couldn't find the uninstall button fast enough. As CJ said, it keeps changing the mod order, which makes it unpredictable and unpractical in quite a few cases where patching needs to be done. I'm impressed by LOOT's ability to seemingly sort many ESPs in the right order, but it's not flawless in it. In the end I found BOSS to be less of a hassle as once it's set up, it's set in stone - especially now that the masterlist is no longer getting updated.

I am also posting yesterday's announcement from ETaC's author MissJennaBee here, as I am sure many of you guys will be looking forward to this!

Greetings, darling mod users! Some THINGS are about to happen...

So as some of you might know, the mod Immersive Settlements has undergone a bit of a "management shake-up." I've recently been in contact with the mod's original creator, Pymous, (who is still alive and well) and with the mod's current developer, DonutsStrongJaw. Pymous, has had to leave the modding scene (at least for now) due to personal reasons, and Donut (while a creative genius, and a veteran writer/voice actor) is not enough of a masochist to subject himself to the horror that is the CK (lol). 

And this my lovelies, is where ETaC is coming in. 

So! Soonly, you are going to see some changes here. A lot of changes. I will be taking over the technical development of Im. Set., incorporating its files into ETaC (ETaIS?) (there will be a name change.) (will involve MOAR LETTERS.) in what will be henceforth known as 'The Merger to End All Mergers." The gist of which, for now, will be as follows...

STAGE ONE
- Integration of IS's non-conflicting files (Shor's Stone; Stonehills; Raven Rock, Orc Strongholds; Etc.);
- Completion of anything in said towns that remains unfinished (including interiors);
- Resolution of any existing bugs and generation any currently existing ETaC patches *
- Release of modular files and merger these files into ETaC's Complete.esp **

STAGE TWO
- The merger of conflicting towns (e.g. Morthal, Falkreath, anything that both mods have.)
- I willl do my best to incorporate as much content from both mods as is possible.
- Without totally breaking your games.

STAGE THREE
- The addition of NEW Im. Set. content ***

STAGE FOUR
- A glorious collaboration on stuff you've never had before from either mod.
- a/k/a The Future.

* Meaning, Im. Set's files will have patches for anything that ETaC has. Any mods that ETaC has built in compatibility with, Im. Set. will also have built in compatibility with. I'm not testing it against files that ETaC hasn't been tested against, so if there's anything new that's needed relative to Im. Set. specifically, I'm relying on you guys to tell me. 
** With the exception DLC towns which will remain in add-on format.
*** Prior to the mod's loss of modders, a lot of new content was developed. I'll be taking all of said content and implementing into your game. This will include all of Im. Set's custom dialogue/NPCs/Additional Interiors. Really anything that's been done and that Donut is in possession of.

Donut will remain on as our.. creative director/dialogue guy/general brain; CJ will continue (BEING AWESOME and) do our patching and various "Stuff-Jenna-Missed" bug fixing, and should Pymous return, him and I will share God-like authority over the new uber mod. 

I expect to have "Stage One" complete within roughly a week's time. (This will also include the ETaC bug fixes from v12.0 and the rebuilt ELFX patch for both ETaC content and Im. Set. because the universe hates me. SIGH. ELFX.

In short: Tamriel will be even more awesome  ::D:
Edited by Nearox
  • +1 1

I'm seeing references to ITM and deleted NavMeshes in it's forum posts, sounds like the author is learning to use tools like TES5Edit. Description sounds interesting, definitely one I'll watch (tracking set), but probably needs some polish before reviewing for inclusion in your install.

Edited by redirishlord

Has anyone tried it? Is it good content?

From the screenies it seems... empty... :/

EDIT: Just took a quick look at it (the whiterun part) and... nope, not really up to standards. I'll talk to him though, it's a good effort, I'd love to see more of vigilants

Edited by Gandaganza
  • +1 2

Thanks Gandaganza. It's a shame really because I think the VoS is such an untapped area. They could have been really cool. But Bethesda decided to make the Dawnguard their spiritual successor. Don't get me wrong I like the DG but the quest line is too linear and becomes a grind after a while. The VoS and their Daedra hatred has so much potential (instead of just vampires). I can walk up to the VoS brimming with Daedric artefacts and they don't even comment (let alone attack me outright). It would be great to hunt down all the Daedric artefacts and return them to the VoS and climb up their ranks to Keeper. Plus killing numerous abominations, cults, etc along the way. The quest lines could be numerous and incredibly varied. It wouldn't even need much voice acting - just tie in the vanilla game elements. Oh well. I can only dream....

• +1 1

I'm running into an issue with Live Another Life, and since I got tipped off to that mod here I figured I'd post. When I begin the Helgen bit, horses are frozen (mouth open, tail straight out from body, unmoving although Wet and Cold breath is animating) and as such the cart ride won't begin. Dialog and character animations proceed, but no cart movement.

My load order is as follows;

Skyrim.esmUpdate.esmUnofficial Skyrim Patch.espDawnguard.esmUnofficial Dawnguard Patch.espHearthFires.esmUnofficial Hearthfire Patch.espDragonborn.esmUnofficial Dragonborn Patch.espSkyrim Project Optimization - No Homes - Full Version.esmFalskaar.esmWyrmstooth.espApachiiHair.esmApachiiHairFemales.esmETaC - RESOURCES.esmEFFCore.esmApachiiHairMales.esmLanterns Of Skyrim - All In One - Main.esmMFVM.esmRSkyrimChildren.esmWinterholdDestruction.esmAemersRefuge.esmmoonpath.esmGeneralStores.esmdaymoyl.esmCutting Room Floor.espThieves Guild Requirements.espLootandDegradation.espAtlas Compass Tweaks.espmintylightningmod.espiHUD.espNausicaa's Tweaker.espCharacterMakingExtender.espConvenient Horses.espUIExtensions.espBFSEffects.espNuska Warpaint.espCrossbowReloading.espORM-Arvak.espDeadlyCombat.espDeadlyMonsters.espDual Wield Parrying_SKSE.espELE EDWS RS Merged.espExhaustion.espFootprints.espNPC Knockout Overhaul.espRaceMenu.espBetter Stealth AI for Followers.espHeadtracking.espFootprints - Ash.espImportantInformationOverhaul.espMarryMe.espWhen Vampires Attack.espKickass Esbern.espElemental Staves.espORM Convenient Alsvid.espRaceMenuOverlays.espRaceMenuPlugin.espAMatterOfTime.espSkyUI.espDual Sheath Redux.espTimingIsEverything.espTreaclemanMoonpathPatch.espYield 2.0.esphomes remodeled.espETaC - Complete.espMiddle Order Mods.espEarly Order Mods.espAOS.espDeadlyCombat_GiantsAIFix.espTraps Are Dangerous.espWM Trap Fixes.espWetandCold.espWetandCold - Ashes.espHearthfireMultiKid.espGuard Dialogue Overhaul.espWeapons & Armor Fixes_Remade.espClothing & Clutter Fixes.espCollegeOfWinterholdImmersive.espTamriel Reloaded.espHroldan Complete Merged.espETaC - Dragon Bridge South.espPatch - ETaC Complete - RS kids.espEpisodeParallax.espNew Lands Merged.espRealisticWaterTwo.espComplete Crafting Overhaul_Remade.espBetter Favor Jobs.espACE MM SPO SSR patch Merged.espAnimated Weapon Enchants.espImmersive Sounds - Compendium.espNPC_Overhaul_V_1_.espGrandmaster Delphine.espExpandedWinterholdRuins.espAlternate Start Complete Cooking Expansion.espETaC Complete Merged.espSkyrim Immersive Creatures.espRealisticWaterTwo - Wyrmstooth.espTradeBarter.espGuardAnimationsGDO.espUnique Grasses.esptpos_merged_280614.espLate Order Mods.espFCO - Follower Commentary Overhaul.espDwemer Goggles & Scouter.espSkyrimCoinReplacerRedux.espDigitigradeKhajiit+ArgonianRaptor.espAllowAmuletRing.espRavenRockExpanded.espCAPBAC for CCO.espchfshPlayerVoicesets.espADS.espdD - Enhanced Blood Main.espISC Merged Patches.espSkyTEST-RealisticAnimals&Predators.espOBIS.espaMidianBorn_ContentAddon.espStealth Skills Rebalanced_COMPLETE.espOBISDB.espOBIS Redone.espCivil War Overhaul.espDeadlyDragons.espvFireAndIceOverhaul.espDeadlySpellImpacts.espBring Out Your Dead.espPrinceandPauper.espHearthfireMultikid_PNP Patch.espRSChildren - Complete.espRSChildren_PatchUSKP.espPatch - Falskaar - RS kids.espPatch - Wyrm - RS kids.espUSKP_NPCoverhaul_Patch.espSPTConsistentOlderPeople.espCWINPCApachiiSkyHair.espSkytest Immersive Creatures.espSkytest USKP.espSkyrim Immersive Creatures - DLC2.espMoonAndStar_MAS.espETaC Complete Inns and Taverns merged.espSky Haven Temple M&M3.espDawnofWindhelm.espDFB - Random Encounters.espCCO_SIC_Patch.espHigh Level Enemies - SIC.espHigh Level Enemies - SIC Falskaar.espWetandCold - Holidays.espETaC WC Holidays Patch.espHebrock_Der Schatten von Meresis - EV.espBetterDGEntrance.espBFT Ships and Carriages.espInconsequential NPCs.espPNP-RS-INC patch.espPatch - Inconsequential NPCs - RS kids.espNightingale Hall.espEFFDialogue.espEssential Blades.espBrynjolf & Vex Followers.espCloaks.espDead Body Collision.espRealisticWaterTwo - Legendary.espWestWindAssault.espMrissi.espRun For Your Lives.espInconsequential NPCs - CRF Compatibility Patch.espMrissiSiniNewLook.espANSKA ENHANCED.espTheChoiceIsYours.espSkyrimSewers.espDruid Den Redux.espPoint The Way.espUniqueBorderGates-All.espmoonpath_questdata.espAtlas Legendary.espNorthernCardinal.espAnna_NPCs.espMFVM_Hearthfire_Patch.espEnhancedCharacterEdit.espXCEMwW.espFOL_Anduniel.espCWIDawnDragonPatch.esplpbards.espLPBardsAnduniel.espAndunielAlternateLooks.espAnna_NPCs_AlternateLooks.espRigmor.espLoraine.espInigo.espNAZEEM RELOADED.espHEIMSKR_FOREVER.espETaC - Complete Moon Patch.espUnique Grasses_clippingfixer.espAemersRefuge-DG-DB.espPainkiller's_Hrothmund's_Axe.espExplosiveBoltsVisualized.espETaC - Complete BFT Patch.espSofiaFollower.espkankaraya.espETaC Complete Plaguesword merged.espConan_Hyborian_Age.espLilarcor.espRealisticWhiterun.espNorthernCardinal_Falskaar.espRealisticWaterTwo - Falskaar.espDragonCombatOverhaulDragonborn.espThe Dance of Death - Ultimate Edition.espCombatDramaOverhaul.espKonnektorDragonborn.espUniqueBorderGates-All-BetterDGEntrance.espCuralmilsPhial.espMagic of the Magna-Ge.espHoldBorderBanners.espNorthernCardinal_Wyrmstooth.espBooksOfSkyrim.espdaymoyl_DawnguardAddon.espThe Paarthurnax Dilemma.espSTEP Extended Patch.espdD-DG-DB-Immersive Creatures EBT Patch.espPrvtI_HeavyArmory.esp1nivWICCloaksNoGuards.espImproved Closefaced Helmets_Legendary.espParalyze.espThieves Guild Followers.espWardrobe UNP.espEquipping Overhaul.espUniqueBorderGates-All-PointTheWay.espReal Clouds.espBashed Patch, 0.espDual Sheath Redux Patch.espMerged PluginsEarly Order Mods;Moss RocksBeardsNeutral HjerimTrue EyesClams Drop PearlsDragonBoneEbonsteel.espMoss Rocks DBChesko Lore-based Loading ScreensCorrect Gender Animations DGAHZ More HUDDG Rune Weapon FX ReplacerBrowsAppropriately Attired Jarls ReduxAsh RocksGhosu - Weapon Pack 1Physics Impact Damage FixGladiatorArmor.espArrow Duration 60Insanity's Sorrow.espNo Combat Boundaries LegendaryOpen ContainerSG EyebrowsSulfur RocksSymphonies of SkyrimWebs Extendedcalyps-bosmer.espNatural Lighting & AtmoshpericsIHSSRandom ThunderHumans Drop Human PartsBetter White Phial EffectMiddle Order Mods;01ERAlefthandrings - dawnguard.esplefthandrings.espBook Covers SkyrimLore Weapon Expansion - Goldbrand.espAethEbonyCrownReplacer.espBCS CCOR patchSoul Gems DifferSize does matterUnderstone Keep RepairsSerana Dialog EditBlack Sacrament Armor DB Replacerexecutionerarmor.espCorrect Gender Animations DBCorrect Gender AnimationsRV MarkersSolsteim The Lost LevelsLore Weapon Expansion - Daedric Crescent.espDawn of RiftenSkyrim Improved PuddlesDaggercross AlleyLegendary Companion PerkDungeon Quest AwarenessBetter City EntrancesIngredients of TamrielBeautiful WhiterunThe Big Book of AlchemySkyrim Flora OverhaulSnowbound AcresGlorious GrassisilNarsil.espBlessings Altar DescriptionsPilgrims DelightLate Order Mods;Dragon Shout VoiceLore Weapon Expansion.espBosmerArmorMATY743.espInsanity's Shields.espWindhelm LighthouseHeight Adjusted Races w/ True GiantsXCESDark Brotherhood Forever to MiscRadiant & Unique Potions Poisons & BoozeThe Chornicles of SteelThird Era - Dwemer.espUnique Uniques.espScopedBows.espWaterbreathing Breathless EmergeskyforgedShields.espOblivion Black Soul Gem CreationPP Ogmund's TombHigh Hrothgar OverhaulSword of SigdanBlock SparklesGildergreen RegrownBlack Sacrament Armor (ACE Patched)JetDwemerBows_DG.espPP Windcaller PassPP Engelmann RestInsanity's Chrysamere.espFunctionalBags.espRBB Row Boats HF HotfixInsanity's Umbra Sword.espInsanity's Empire Longswords.espskyforgedWeapons.espACE Complete SPO SSR patch Merged;Smithing Perks Overhaul RemadeACE Archery DragonbornACE ArcheryACE EnchantingACE MeleeACE SmithingACE ArmorACE SpeechACE SynergyACE BYOGACE MagicACE Realistic FightingSSR ACE Armor PatchACE MM SPO SSR patch Merged;Smithing Perks Overhaul RemadeACE Archery DragonbornACE ArcheryACE EnchantingACE MeleeACE SmithingACE ArmorACE SpeechACE SynergyACE BYOGACE MagicACE Realistic FightingSSR ACE Armor PatchMM - Alteration ExtrasMM - Illusion ExtrasMM - RestorationMM - ScalingMM - VoiceMM - DestructionMM - Enchantments RebalanceMM - ConjurationMM - AlterationMM - ArtifactsMM - Fortify Magic School Enchantment & AlchemyMM - IllusionMM - Conjuration ExtrasMM - Dual CastingMM - Restoration ExtrasAlternate Start Complete Cooking Expansion;Cooking AlchemyCooking Expanded DBHelgen Imperial ArmoryCampfire CookingCampfire Cooking - AlchemyCooking ExpandedCooking Expanded HFCampfire Cooking - DGCampfire Cooking - DBAlternate Start - Live Another LifeCampfire Cooking - Live Another LifeStarting Spell ChoiceStarting Spell Choice - LALPatch Starting Spell Choice - LALELE EDWS RS Merged;ELE-Spell and Torch Lighting.espRelighting Skyrim - Update.espRelightingSkyrim.espRelighting Skyrim - Dawnguard.espRelighting Skyrim - HearthFire.espRelighting Skyrim - Dragonborn.espELE-FX Emittance.espELE HF-Interior Lighting.espELE-Interior Lighting.espELE DG-Interior Lighting.espELE DB-Interior Lighting.espELE-Weathers.espELE Dragonborn-Weathers.espenhanceddynamicweathersystem.espELE-Imagespaces.espETaC Complete BFT Merged;BFT Ships & CarriagesETaC Complete BFT patch* Do Not Renumber FormIDsETaC Complete Inns and Taverns MergedInns and TavernsETaC Complete Taverns patchETaC Complete Plaguesword Merged;FH PlagueswordETaC Complete Plaguesword patchETaC Complete Merged;ETaC Complete EWDR patchETaC Complete LoS patchHearthfire Chimneys ETaCHroldan Complete Merged;Hroldan Nightgate SawmillRavenscar VillageISC Merged Patches;ISCompendium AOS PatchISCompendium CCO PatchISCompendium EBT PatchLakeview Merged;HF Lakeview Avant Garden PerformanceLights Lakeview ManorLlewellyn FemaleLakeview Manor Fish HatcheryNew Lands Merged;Skyfalls DB FS Small WaterfallsSkyfalls Skymills DG DB FS WTRBB Long & Row Boats New LandsFalskaar WildlifeRW2 Waves WTRW2 Waves FSHearthfire Chimneys FalskaarFalskaar CloudsbhabhilonWardrobe UNP;Tavern Clothes MTMAradia Kato OutfitScarlet Dawn ArmorMashup UNPel Gilded Doublet SetUNP Fence Net Body SetUNP Academy DropoutUNP Leather Cami and ShortsUNP Smithy SexUNP Snap up Booty Shorts and TopUNP Boots 02UNP Boots 04UNP Leather ClothesCalyps InvestigatorLight Blades ArmorBouncy Bodices Booties Belts Stockings

Edit: I also encounter frozen horses as a soldier in the Imperial army, outside Solitude the BFT cart's horse is in a similar rigor.

You can do the vanilla start with LAL unless you have Helgen Reborn installed.

Seeing as your issue also occurs at another LAL starts, something is clearly interfering with the cart. Try mfg console mod as well to determine the final esp hat modifies the cart itself. Could also be script related check if nothing overwrites the LAL .psc files in MO.

Edit: I = if

Edited by Nearox

Good point, will do. It also occurs to me that I've merged LAL, so I need to check if the issue occurs with/without it merged/standalone (it didn't have a separate scripts folder so I tossed it into the grinder with the other merge fodder).

@ Teabag: I've got multiple profiles in play, was hoping the Imperial soldier option would get my battle cat some heavy armor with a fancy kilt (the tail, you know), but I just seemed to be dumped in Solitude with the first Civil War mission started for me. So Helgen with the Imperial Armory mod (adds a suit of heavy legion armor if you follow Hadvar) seemed the way to go, until it didn't ... go.

Edited by redirishlord