Ambient Seagulls (by Tricolour)

Vond

I believe this was already included in STEP 2.0.1a. But I agree it's exactly the sort of small mod that brings Skyrim to life :)

I always look thru the STEP 2.0.1a document before posting, and it wasn't there. :)

I believe this was already included in STEP 2.0.1a. But I agree it's exactly the sort of small mod that brings Skyrim to life :)
I always look thru the STEP 2.0.1a document before posting' date=' and it wasn't there. :)[/quote']

My apologies Vond you are right, it appeared in the STEP 2.1 preview #2 :) My bad, I didn't mean to suggest you were not being thorough.

• 1 year later...

Can one of the savvy modders test this against Birds of Skyrim to see if they conflict? They both add Seagull sounds. Though most likely done in different ways, I would like them tested for conflicts and then in-game to see if the sounds clash where Birds of Skyrim adds the seagull sounds:

• Solitude docks
  • The Dainty sload (Ship)
  • Wreck of the brinehammer

Ambient Seagulls adds the sound effect by replacing the coastal waves sounds. There are three. (amb_water_exterior_coast_waves_0*_lp.wav)

Birds of Skyrim adds a new sound description / marker for a new sound file, inside an unique folder into the data folder though the .esp.

He uses Activators to call the unique sound file, so you'll just hear it if you pass the activators criteria.

On the docks, if there is an activator for Birds of Skyrim, the sounds would play along without conflict (in-game testing needed to confirm overlap), since you would be hearing the "wave seagulls" and the "bird seagulls".

They use completely different means.

After my testbed is completed, I'll run that for ya in-game to make sure.

Ambient Seagulls adds the sound effect by replacing the coastal waves sounds. There are three. (amb_water_exterior_coast_waves_0*_lp.wav)

Birds of Skyrim adds a new sound description / marker for a new sound file, inside an unique folder into the data folder though the .esp.

He uses Activators to call the unique sound file, so you'll just hear it if you pass the activators criteria.

On the docks, if there is an activator for Birds of Skyrim, the sounds would play along without conflict (in-game testing needed to confirm overlap), since you would be hearing the "wave seagulls" and the "bird seagulls".

Thanks, I would appreciate that! It's this overlap which is my concern. I might personally recommend Ambient Seagulls removal since you'll hear seagulls when there are no seagulls around in some places.

**Full Baseline STEP**
Relevant mods: (Load Order)
1.Ambient Seagulls (Loose files, no .esp)
2.Bird of Skyrim (2)
3.Sounds of Skyrim - The Wilds (1)

Tested at: Solitude docks, walking around the boats
Method: Used only Master / Effects volume sliders at maximum. Muted everything else.

https://www.mediafire.com/download/6ndy9a0ye3qr6r9/Solitude_Docks_-_Seagulls.wma

Note: If you have a better upload method, share it ^^

So, effectively, we hear seaguls but no waves...? Not sure if this is a good tradeoff.

Note: If you have a better upload method, share it ^^

For audio files - Soundcloud :)

For images either imageshack or tinypic.

For files - dropbox

Finally got to listen it.

The waves are retained, as Wormheart said.

The chatty, must have been a overlap, with the higher volume ones being from birds of skyrim, maybe.

EDIT2: The chatty ones are from a fourth audio file (SoCSeagull04.wav) that is loaded by Sounds of Skyrim - The Wilds.

Going to listen to that too.

EDIT:

Just had a quick listen to the Birds of Skyrim seagull sound outside of the game and I hear a motor in the background

Confirmed. Higher volume from Birds of Skyrim. Motor sound must have been "muted" by the waves of Ambient Seagulls.

EDIT:

Ambient Seagulls = Adds low volume ones to the three wave sounds.

Birds of Skyrim = One file only with high volume gulls and a motor in the back.

Sound of Skyrim = Four files, no background sound, just the gulls. You guys need to hear these :P