General Support Thread

Solist

Question

Figured it might not be a bad idea to just start a general SR support thread for help since the feedback thread is focused on actual SR feedback. I'll start this off.

So was playing earlier today, then went and made today's latest changes:

- Updated Lanterns of Skyrim to use Realistic Lighting Overhaul optional preset.

- Added SkyTEST - Realistic Animals and Predators. Removed More Village Animals and Roosters At Dawn

- Updated Apahii Skyhair Natural Retexture.

I also added Grass on Steroids and it's associated INI changes.

I now CTD every time on the menu load. I reversed the INI changes, unloaded SkyTest and Grass on Steroids and still CTD.

What would be the first steps I should in debugging this?

Thanks!

Okay I need help with one of the TES5 Edit insturctions for Alternate Start Live Another Life.

The very first edit with the Bethesda ESMs after you add two additional conditions under Alternate Start Live Another Life.Drag the two conditions from Hearthfires.esm to the two newly created slots in Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp so it contains all 4 conditions.

I don't know which conditions to drag over at this point. For me I have 3 conditions under hearthfire.esm and 4 under Alternate Start Live Another Life.esp

Heres a picture before I added two condition lines https://i.imgur.com/xCuQpFy.gif

and here is a picture after I added the two condition lines under alternate start live anther life.esp https://i.imgur.com/Qbp5Efb.gif

Not sure which conditions lines I should be draging over from Hearthfire.esm. to Alternate Start Live another life.esp now.

Thanks in advance.

Okay I need help with one of the TES5 Edit insturctions for Alternate Start Live Another Life.

The very first edit with the Bethesda ESMs after you add two additional conditions under Alternate Start Live Another Life.Drag the two conditions from Hearthfires.esm to the two newly created slots in Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp so it contains all 4 conditions.

I don't know which conditions to drag over at this point. For me I have 3 conditions under hearthfire.esm and 4 under Alternate Start Live Another Life.esp

Heres a picture before I added two condition lines https://i.imgur.com/xCuQpFy.gif

and here is a picture after I added the two condition lines under alternate start live anther life.esp https://i.imgur.com/Qbp5Efb.gif

Not sure which conditions lines I should be draging over from Hearthfire.esm. to Alternate Start Live another life.esp now.

Thanks in advance.

You need to drag 2 RED conditions from Hearthfire.esm into 2 new conditions. So

1) Red "Less Than/Or" from HF.esm drag onto the orange "Equal to" in AS.esp

2) Red "Greater then or equal/Or" from HF.esm drag onto green "Equal to" in AS.esp

Remember to "grab" them with your mouse in "Condition" row, i.e. click and hold the FIRST RED ROW of the condition (which is empty, no text in it).

Effectively, you need all the conditions present in the last file to load (Alt. Start in this case).

The 2nd condition in AS (the one with orange text) overwrites the condition from HF.esm, and then the 1st newly created condition again overwrites the one from HF.esm. The condition that you created last does not overwrite anything.

Hope that makes sense.

Does somebody know whether it will be necessary to do all the TESVEdit parts of SR again with the new TESVEdit version released?

No, as all the changes you've already made are saved into the esp files.

Does somebody know whether it will be necessary to do all the TESVEdit parts of SR again with the new TESVEdit version released?

I was referring to, whether TESVedit cleaning has to be redone, because it now finds more issues or sth comparable.

I was referring to, whether TESVedit cleaning has to be redone, because it now finds more issues or sth comparable.

The mod cleaning bit - possibly. I guess the easiest way to find out is to load up one of main ESM files, the ones that you've already cleaned and apply the cleaning filter again, then clean. If any new ITM will be removed and any reference undeleted, then all the other dirty files will require cleaning again. If no new ITM records or references to undelete are found, I'd presume it's ok to leave them as they are.

as far as the DLC goes, it does find additional ITM's, they likely aren't a big deal though. (Looks like the XNDP - Navigation Door Link was decoded some more and the previously Unknown has been found to be unused, so any door references that only have different XNDP\Unknowns are being removed. I'm not yet sure if anything else might be removed from mods but only doors and leftover-now-empty-other-bits were removed from Dawnguard and Heartfires)

Lastly, I want to say.... besides the ENB issue everything else seems to be fine except for that stupid 3GB limit! Oh how I wish this game was a 64bit game :(   Before starting SR Skyrim I am sitting at like 4.1GB Ram, and during gameplay it shoots up to around 7GB and once I get close to 7.2GB I CTD :(  But that issue is known and fixable to an extent.  I am just worried mostly about my ENB issue for now.

Thanks for all the help guys!  I really appreciate it!

WOAH! It sounds like you have a completely different problem than the ENB if you're reaching 7.1GB that shouldn't even be possible as using 3.1GB of RAM will CTD your game. Unless you're saying you're using 4GB in total before you start skyrim.

Now this cannot be emphasized enough. Optimize ALL of your textures. The max is probably 2048 for the plain textures; and I wouldn't go above 1024 for the normals (the ones with _n in the name)

Argh. Anyone else experiencing freezes when attempting to craft fur cloaks from Winter Is Coming? I open up the crafting menu and within 30 seconds my game goes unresponsive. I'm wondering why it's doing that. Too many items/textures to cope with? I'll admit my graphics card is borderline for a full SR install, but it's been behaving fairly well thus far.

Thank you for the quick response it cleared any confusion for me.

Moving the two red conflicts diagnolly into the new conditions was what had first occured to me (similar to wearable lanterns conflict fix) but I hesitated because it didn't look pretty (all green).

Lastly, I want to say.... besides the ENB issue everything else seems to be fine except for that stupid 3GB limit! Oh how I wish this game was a 64bit game :(   Before starting SR Skyrim I am sitting at like 4.1GB Ram, and during gameplay it shoots up to around 7GB and once I get close to 7.2GB I CTD :(  But that issue is known and fixable to an extent.  I am just worried mostly about my ENB issue for now.

WOAH! It sounds like you have a completely different problem than the ENB if you're reaching 7.1GB that shouldn't even be possible as using 3.1GB of RAM will CTD your game. Unless you're saying you're using 4GB in total before you start skyrim.

Now this cannot be emphasized enough. Optimize ALL of your textures. The max is probably 2048 for the plain textures; and I wouldn't go above 1024 for the normals (the ones with _n in the name)

Yeah I meant before I even start the game my system is pulling around 4GB of RAM usage.  It's not until I starty Skyrim and start running outside in the wilderness that the RAM usage shoots up to 7.1GB.  Which happens to be exactly at the 3.0GB limit.  So atleast I know why I got those CTD's and I'm not too worried about that.  I've only optimized the Bethesda stuff I believe since I think that is all that is covered in SR.  I can optimize more that should help that CTD issue out.  But knowing the problem and the solution, I'm not too worried about it. 

I noticed that only RLO Dungeons is specified for cleaning. Should we not clean the other ESPs?

You can clean them-- in fact standard best practice is clean everything before putting it into your load order-- but you'll probably find nothing. Then again with the latest xEdit release, who knows? Use the latest xEdit on the RLO plugins and anything else you feel like cleaning, and please report back if they're dirty or not.

Yeah I meant before I even start the game my system is pulling around 4GB of RAM usage.  It's not until I starty Skyrim and start running outside in the wilderness that the RAM usage shoots up to 7.1GB.  Which happens to be exactly at the 3.0GB limit.  So atleast I know why I got those CTD's and I'm not too worried about that.  I've only optimized the Bethesda stuff I believe since I think that is all that is covered in SR.  I can optimize more that should help that CTD issue out.  But knowing the problem and the solution, I'm not too worried about it. 
I'll talk to Neo to see if we can get the optimizations included.

Install SUM like you would any other mod through Mod Organizer (MO). Once installed' date=' click the 'data' tab in the right pane of MO and scroll down until you see "SkyProc Patches". Expand SkyProc Patches and SUM under that. Right click on "SUM.jar" and select "add as executable". Make sure you have to current version of JAVA. Select SUM and click run. That should work.[/quote']

Nope' date=' still same error message[/quote']

Since you initially installed SUM outside MO, it is possible you did the same for Automatic Variants (AV) and Dual Sheath Redux (DSR). Again I am assuming you have the latest JAVA JRE. Since nothing seems to be working for you, do the following:

1. Navigate to your MO/overwrite directory and delete the SkyProc and textures directories (textures should contain AV textures only) if they exist.

2. Uninstall the SUM you installed outside of MO and reinstall through MO.

3. Navigate to your actual skyrim/data directory and delete any SkyProc folders if they exist.

4. Using MO reinstall all SkyProc AV mods using REPLACE if installing each in their own directories making sure they are in SR order.

5. Using MO reinstall DSR following Skyrim Revisited (SR) using REPLACE for the main file and using MERGE for all the optionals.

6. Follow the instructions at the end for running SUM within MO.

If this does not work, I have no clue.

Alright so I followed that and it still does'nt work. I have the same error message as earlier. What happens is that if I boot sum.jar (or automaticvariants.jar and dualsheathredux.jar for that matter) from the mod organizer interface, the mo goes on hold for a few seconds, then it reloads and i'm back to square one. If I try to boot them manually through windows explorer interface, the .jar files boot up and automatic variants does seem to work, but dual sheath redux asks me to activate the skyrim.esm (even if it is activated in the mod organizer) and then proceeds to create an empty dualsheathreduxpatch.esp. My Java is up to date: Version 7 update 21

EDIT: I added the latest error message generated by booting sum through mod organizer.