v2.3 - Feedback & Bug Reports

Hi. From what I know is that USSEP must run *after* UHDAP by putting UHDAP manually under CC content in LOOT. (Making sure UHDAP loads as early as possible so that all other mods overwrite its .bsa contents) This must be done because the LOOT team decided UHDAP is a legal grey area and removed all LOOT masterlist entries of that mod. This makes it so LOOT heuristics places it after USSEP.

The reason USSEP must run after UHDAP is because otherwise UHDAP will undo most (if not all) audio cache fixes done by USSEP. This is because now UHDAP's .bsa contents take priority over USSEP's .bsa contents.

A very good example is Sven saying some gibberish about his master. Fixed in USSEP, undone by UHDAP.

See: https://github.com/loot/skyrimse/issues/785

TL;DR Put UHDAP as early as possible in your load order, right after CC content.

Edited by notcyf
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, notcyf said:

Hi. From what I know is that USSEP must run *after* UHDAP by putting UHDAP manually under CC content in LOOT. (Making sure UHDAP loads as early as possible so that all other mods overwrite its .bsa contents) This must be done because the LOOT team decided UHDAP is a legal grey area and removed all LOOT masterlist entries of that mod.

The reason USSEP must run after UHDAP is because otherwise UHDAP will undo most (if not all) audio cache fixes done by USSEP. This is because now UHDAP's .bsa contents take priority over USSEP's .bsa contents.

A very good example is Sven saying some gibberish about his master. Fixed in USSEP, undone by UHDAP.

TL;DR Put UHDAP as early as possible in your load order, right after CC content.

For me Loot orders USSEP after UHDAP.

983y3WV.png

1 hour ago, Mercury71 said:

I guess those plugins are just placed randomly somewhere random in your load order because they have no masterlist entry, because for me they're loaded after USSEP, without any custom metadata:

image.png

Manually putting them in the Creation Club group places them correctly on top of the load order:

image.thumb.png.e6992accc6d10843dd8297604f7dd6b9.png

Edited by notcyf

12 minutes ago, Mercury71 said:

983y3WV.png

Are you sure you don't have any user/custom metadata on those plugins? If I undo the custom metadata it goes back to loading after all ESM's.

4 hours ago, notcyf said:

Are you sure you don't have any user/custom metadata on those plugins? If I undo the custom metadata it goes back to loading after all ESM's.

Hmm, i have might changed SkyUI to be .esm and .esl. in xEdit. Dont remember.

Edit: I did, following what Lexy has in her LOTD-guide. :P

3 hours ago, Mercury71 said:

For me, without any manipulation of files or metadata, LOOT sorts USSEP before UHDAP as well, so USSEP changes are overwritten.

Edited by CorneliusC
Double post - sorry, please delete ...
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Mercury71 said:

Yes, you did. SkyUI.esp isn't flagged as a master OOTB.

4 hours ago, notcyf said:

Hi. From what I know is that USSEP must run *after* UHDAP by putting UHDAP manually under CC content in LOOT. (Making sure UHDAP loads as early as possible so that all other mods overwrite its .bsa contents) This must be done because the LOOT team decided UHDAP is a legal grey area and removed all LOOT masterlist entries of that mod. This makes it so LOOT heuristics places it after USSEP.

I get the same result, so will look into this later this evening.

6 hours ago, D1Z4STR said:

Remove "Unofficial High Definition Audio Project" · Issue #785 · loot/skyrimse · GitHub

UHDAP not supported by LOOT team

might be best to do one of the following:

1) custom LOOT rule - which will need to include Navigator-NavFixes loading lower as well

2) make a STEP CR

3) drop UHDAP

UHDAP really does noticeably, even to the average listener (and that's the important part) improve the overall sound quality of the audio cache. It's also not just some PS4 rip, they've all been edited and remastered by the modder. As long as UHDAP exists on NexusMods (they're quite strict) and hasn't received a takedown (I don't think it ever will) I wouldn't remove it from the modlist. But it does need to load right after CC content and be overwritten by any other mod.

Edited by notcyf
  • +1 1

15 hours ago, TadasTalalas said:

After updating Conflict Resolution and Lighting and Weather patches I have now Step Patch - WACCF.CACO.CCOR "out of date" 2.3.2. I assume it is wrong versioning here?

versioning.thumb.jpg.bc586270ac8874b5446914a6763b0306.jpg

When you installed the CR update, you chose the wrong mod name:

image.png

Because all the Step Patches come from the same URL, they share metadata, and MO provides a list of all files from the URL automatically when updating a mod. The last one installed is the default shown. You must choose the correct one, and merge:

image.png

Since you chose the wrong name, you should reinstall Step Patch - WACCF.CACO.CCOR. Then reinstall Step Patch - Conflict Resolution 2.3, and merge into that Step Patch - Conflict Resolution 2.3.3

Basically, reinstall Step patches that appear out of date, because the wrong patch was installed into that patch name. The versioning is working as intended.

image.png