v2.3 - Feedback & Bug Reports

5 hours ago, TechAngel85 said:

Looking more close, it's not really feasible to just convert the SLSR Patch. I will make a note to work on a proper VLC Patch; though, I'm not sure when it will be available.

In the meantime, it seems okay to run SLSR with the SS patch, both overriding VLC, as that's how I have been running it. We've had only one report about landscape-related problems so far, and I haven't investigated it yet. If that is related to SLSR, then it would change things.

On 8/30/2024 at 6:26 AM, d2eRX52 said:

SSE26.thumb.jpg.9eeb33c1fe0599d6ff7e3c31b8786d1e.jpgSSE28.thumb.jpg.751d21375680b54cb793e4bdb68ce8d9.jpg

is this seam vanilla and "just was there always? does anybody else have it? possible cause?

SSE29.thumb.jpg.ed0da2f2d895977514525b73f04a059d.jpgSSE30.thumb.jpg.594f86b9b2bfcd5ff23ca36abbd1cd6f.jpg

I can confirm this. This will need to be addressed by VLC.

SkyrimSE 2024-09-20 21-02-23-32.jpgSkyrimSE 2024-09-20 21-02-58-73.jpg

SkyrimSE 2024-09-20 21-02-10-75.jpgSkyrimSE 2024-09-20 21-03-25-75.jpg

After a quick look in xEdit, this may be related to Smooth Shores, but it looks like VLC overrides SS here.

Posted as a bug report on VLC

Noticed updates for guide (EBQO and Smooth Shores patch). Is it okay to do these if I'm already running character?

Also I don't remember doing this for EBQO "

Hide the following file (instructions for hiding files/folders):

scripts\qf_mgritual05_000d0755.pex scripts\source\qf_mgritual05_000d0755.psc"

Was this in original guide, or it was added post? Do I need to do this?

Edited by d2eRX52

Particle Patch has updated to v1.3.3 today and the guide instructions are no longer valid. 

Guide says

Install ONLY the Particle Patch for ENB Main file.

But there are no files called this, except for a really old file from 2022. The mod author has updated the file naming scheme for the new file to just be "Particle Patch".

Please review and update the guide. Thanks!

Edit: The FOMOD now provides an option for the Plugin name. Either "Particle Patch" or "Particle Patch for ENB". It suggests the old name might be needed for compatibility reasons. I don't know if that's a concern for the guide.

Edited by Chromana
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, Chromana said:

Particle Patch has updated to v1.3.3 today and the guide instructions are no longer valid. 

Guide says

But there are no files called this, except for a really old file from 2022. The mod author has updated the file naming scheme for the new file to just be "Particle Patch".

Please review and update the guide. Thanks!

Edit: The FOMOD now provides an option for the Plugin name. Either "Particle Patch" or "Particle Patch for ENB". It suggests the old name might be needed for compatibility reasons. I don't know if that's a concern for the guide.

Updated

On 9/23/2024 at 2:30 AM, d2eRX52 said:

Noticed updates for guide (EBQO and Smooth Shores patch). Is it okay to do these if I'm already running character?

Also I don't remember doing this for EBQO "

Hide the following file (instructions for hiding files/folders):

scripts\qf_mgritual05_000d0755.pex scripts\source\qf_mgritual05_000d0755.psc"

Was this in original guide, or it was added post? Do I need to do this?

Keep in mind that Post-release changes can be found at the top of the changelog.

37 minutes ago, Chromana said:

Thanks, although it seems your changes were reverted :blink:

I had the page open for edit for several hours when Tech updated it. Then I saved. I'll fix it in a couple of hours. Got an appointment to get to.

In the changelog for v2.3, under post release, mods, where it mentions smooth shores patches, it links to a page which says to install all mods except worldspace transition tweaks. Doing so installs the Depths of Skyrim Patch which is missing its master. SkyrimSE:Smooth Shores Patches - Step Mods | Change The Game (stepmodifications.org)

Using the link from the main mod page, advises to install all mods except Depths of Skyrim Patch. SkyrimSE:Smooth Shores Patches/2.3 - Step Mods | Change The Game (stepmodifications.org)

Which is right?