SEEdit exes disappearing from folder when I'm setting up MO2 Config.

Not sure if this is the right place to post this but please move it where you want it.

I've downloaded SEEdit 4.0 to my Modding Tools directory. I open it and can click on the Quick Clean exe and start the program. Of course, I can't clean any mods until I config with MO2. I start doing that and when I navigate to the directory with the exe, they are gone. I'm not sure what to do?

2 hours ago, Darklustre said:

Not sure if this is the right place to post this but please move it where you want it.

I've downloaded SEEdit 4.0 to my Modding Tools directory. I open it and can click on the Quick Clean exe and start the program. Of course, I can't clean any mods until I config with MO2. I start doing that and when I navigate to the directory with the exe, they are gone. I'm not sure what to do?

"They are gone" ... xEdit executables or your mods?

Either way, follow Step 1 and Step 2 of the Step SSE guide. Make sure to click/open all spoilers for detailed instructions.

Carefully read the SSG and "Tools Setup".

The problem is that the .exe files to run SEEdit keep disappearing so I can't configure them in MO2 to be able to clean any of my mods. I've searched for an answer, but running it as admin doesn't help. It keeps hiding the exe files and I can't configure it to MO2 or use the program. Do you know of a fix?

1 hour ago, Darklustre said:

The problem is that the .exe files to run SEEdit keep disappearing so I can't configure them in MO2 to be able to clean any of my mods. I've searched for an answer, but running it as admin doesn't help. It keeps hiding the exe files and I can't configure it to MO2 or use the program. Do you know of a fix?

This is your antivirus probably deleting them. You need to list the xEdit executables, including TexGen, DynDOLOD, LODGen, etc. as 'authorized' or 'exceptions' in your AV.

Always use the x64 versions if you use 64-bit architecture (most do now). List all the EXE files in xEdit and DynDOLOD.

Posted (edited)

Google really doesn't have the answers. I have done what Google said and added the folder to exclusions and when I go to configure MO2, the exes are STILL missing. I'm hoping someone can tell me what to do. I've added both the exe files and the folder the whole mess is in and it's still not viewable through MO2 config.

Edited by Darklustre

1 hour ago, Darklustre said:

Google really doesn't have the answers. I have done what Google said and added the folder to exclusions and when I go to configure MO2, the exes are STILL missing. I'm hoping someone can tell me what to do. I've added both the exe files and the folder the whole mess is in and it's still not viewable through MO2 config.

You need to add all third-party EXEs to exclusions if they are being quarantined by your AV as mentioned previously. If you use your own custom AV and also Windows Security, then you must do so in both.

Once that's done, you may need to reinstall xEdit and any other tools with EXEs your AV quarantined.

Read the SSG to understand how these tools should be installed and configured.

How do you do that exactly? I added .exe to processes and I still can't see the files. It only gives me files, folders and processes and file types and I've tried with each. I haven't found anything else about how to do that.