Mismatching skin tones

Hello! First off, the guide is phenomenal and I love it - runs smooth as butter.

I am having an issue with some mismatching skin tones for characters though. Textures and meshes are all fine, and bLoadFaceGenHeadEGTFiles=1 in my profile's Fallout and FalloutPrefs INI files. FalloutCustom INI is empty as per the guide. Thing is, it's the OPPOSITE problem that all my google-fu is finding. The majority I found were getting errors with dark skinned bodies but light skinned heads, and I'm getting the opposite lmao.

I double checked all the Foundation/Models & Textures/Character Appearance (seemed the most likely culprits) mod instructions for INI changes, .esp disables, hidden files etc, I turned Archive Invalidation on and off again, and it all seems to be correct yet the problem persists. The issue isn't even all NPCs, some are random raiders and grunts but others are set NPCs (Such as Ms Van Graff below). It's probably something horribly obvious that will make me feel silly, but I am stumped. I chucked some screenshots onto the post so y'all can see what I mean.

Please help? Thank you!

Fallout - New Vegas Screenshot 2024.03.22 - 23.20.06.35.jpg

Fallout - New Vegas Screenshot 2024.03.22 - 23.38.15.66.jpg

Fallout - New Vegas Screenshot 2024.03.22 - 23.39.53.36.jpg

I have no experience modding FNV, but I would begin by independently disabling body mods and character mods. I assume you are using some mods that aren't in the guide, so start by disabling anything not explicitly in the guide.

I only have one mod that isn't in the guide and it has no conflicts (Distributed Necklaces - it doesn't fix neckseams but it helps establish enough suspension of disbelief that it helps a lot, personally :P), I disabled it anyway and nothing changed. :(

I'm at the end of a full clean re-install and guide setup though (LODGen running again now!) so I'll play a bit more and see if it happens again - if not we can assume I derped something, haha! If it does though, I'll try disabling mods until I find the culprits and get back to the thread!

Posted (edited)

Sorry for the delay! Had some family stuff to go to so hadn't had a chance to play. Did a fresh install as said above - issue still persists but I believe I found the culprit.

FCO - The Last Few Edits introduces the white body bug, but oddly enough not on all NPCs. In the screenshots I gave above there's the one character with mismatched body textures, but then ANOTHER character guarding the same room that has matching textures. I can only assume one is maybe flagged as a raider and the other isn't, which might be why the Powder Ganger is also mismatched? I'm not clever enough to figure out how to fix it though, I've never dug through the guts of a mod before, I'm afraid. Any ideas?

Edit: Soooo turns out it might be a minor mod conflict, a few modded npcs like from A Van Graff Scorned (who happened to be the first one I ran into, and is the fellow seen in the screenshot in the OP) and some other NPCs that just got missed were still listed as races that seem to be getting overwritten by the FCO changes, so seem to be having a fit and pulling the wrong textures? Hopefully it just won't really happen much. Characters like Gloria are just plain old neck seam tone issues that are way more obvious on everyone when modded, sadly. Will just have to live with that.

Edited by LittleKestrel
maybe a discovery?