Strange glitch over ocean horizon?

Hi,

I recently finally got Skyrim working after the Bethesda update, and I suspect the issue may be related to that, or something I missed when rebuilding the mod list.

When exploring the coastline around Winterhold area (The college is just to the right of these images), there is a glitch that looks like a wall rising from the horizon. I haven't checked other parts of the coastline yet.
The rest of the game runs perfectly that I can see after a few hours gameplay so far, so I'm wondering if this glitch is something that has a known fix?
It doesn't affect gameplay at all, it is simply visual.

(Also I just noticed, is there meant to be water there in the first image or not? I didn't hang around there to check).

ScreenShot3.jpg

ScreenShot5.jpg

Thos show more than a mere seam. It looks like a mesh or draw glitch ... maybe software/driver specific, because I've never seen that in my own experience.

I doubt it's ENB related, but try toggling ENB on/off using Shift+F12 to confirm.

It's probably not LOD related either, but IDK. Maybe post on the DynDOLOD topic with logs to see what sheson says.

45 minutes ago, DoubleYou said:

Oh hmm... didn't notice that on my phone. That may be junk terrain lod.

Yes, duh on me. It looks a bit like terrain LOD holes but from the sky mesh rather than the terrain mesh.

@TERRAOperative I assume you are not running the Step 2.2.0 build, correct? We'll move this to general support if true, but are you using the extended terrain plugins (quote from xLODGen OP following) or Worldspace Transition Tweaks when generating terrain LOD?

Recommended Optionals

TES5-Terrain-Tamriel.esm (Mega), SSE-Terrain-Tamriel.esm (Mega)

TES5-Terrain-Tamriel-Extend.esm (Mega), SSE-Terrain-Tamriel-Extend.esm (Mega) - These extend the sea of ghost further to the north (see screenshots)

SSE-Terrain-Tamriel-Full-Extend.esm (Mega) - Entire map from -96,-96 to 95,96 with northern ocean extension. Useful for mod authors.

I am running Step 2.2.0, with all updated mods. Has the next STEP version been released yet that I should follow instead?

I have 'Worldspace Transition Tweaks - Skyrim to Solstheim' and 'Smooth Shores Patches - Worldspace Transition Tweaks Patch' in my modlist, but I don't have any of the Recommended Optionals you quoted.
Maybe I missed those? I didn't see them in the guide.

Should I install all of them then regenerate LOD? What's the difference between the TES5 and SSE versions?  I should use SSE-Terrain-Tamriel-Extend.esm version I think.

Edited by TERRAOperative

52 minutes ago, TERRAOperative said:

I used SSE-Terrain-Tamriel-Extend.esm while generating the LOD and the issue is resolved now. The texture is a bit repetitive, but I can live with that unless there's an easy fix?

Thanks!

ScreenShot7.jpg

Good. I was asking if you had one of 1) either of the Tamriel extend plugins or 2) WTT. While you should not use #1 and #2 together, you would need either #1 or #2.

FYI: Step 2.2.0 instructs to use WTT rather than extended Tamriel. We would want to be sure using WTT alone also fixes your issue. It may be that you just needed to repeat the terrain LODGen for whatever reason.