z929669

Question

• Answers 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I uploaded a couple images to my imgur album here:

https://imgur.com/a/lCIep#0

Kind of off-topic, but I'm wondering how you got the orange horizon color all the way down to the water. Is that normal? I always have a grey-ish horizon at a high enough altitude, as seen here:

Posted Image

That's a 100% vanilla game, .inis and all.

I echo this question ... @PCG4m3r, were you using any lighting enhancements in that screen?

Also, thanks for posting the screens. I will investigate this texture specifically. My guess is that it needs different treatment in the INI.

AFIK, the earlier pre5b had a basic coding flaw, so I would not use that version.

I uploaded a couple images to my imgur album here:

https://imgur.com/a/lCIep#0

Kind of off-topic, but I'm wondering how you got the orange horizon color all the way down to the water. Is that normal? I always have a grey-ish horizon at a high enough altitude, as seen here:

Posted Image

That's a 100% vanilla game, .inis and all.

I echo this question ... @PCG4m3r, were you using any lighting enhancements in that screen?

Also, thanks for posting the screens. I will investigate this texture specifically. My guess is that it needs different treatment in the INI.

AFIK, the earlier pre5b had a basic coding flaw, so I would not use that version.

Yes, sorry guys! I thought I had disabled RCRN 3.6, but it was still on in those screenshots. :wallbash:

I redid them and added the new ones to the same album, this time without RCRN (I kept the orginal 2 in there but labeled them as having RCRN). The problem is still somewhat noticeable, especially when comparing the images, but definitely not as noticeable in game as it is with a lighting mod like RCRN.

I'm not sure if other lighting mods would also make the purple more obvious.

OK, I just verified all of the sky textures and am now updating the INI to reflect. Will do the same with effects, so I am wiping the giant list I currently have in the INI out and only including affected textures.

It turns out that there are 4 textures that suffer the strange conversion associated with purple sky. I can only see the problem in the DDSopt previewer, but the Primary (destination) gets messed with these four:

sky\alpha.dds=SKP

sky\masser_new.dds=SKP

sky\secunda_new.dds=SKP

sky\skyrimcloudsfill.dds=SKP

Think I just found two more textures that may be need to be added to the ini.

riverwoodblacksmith01.dds  (Compressonator shows differences between the un-optimised and optimised files - not sure if they they will cause problems)

riverwoodriverwoodtrader01.dds  (appears black in game)

both of these are located in textures\clutter\signage\riverwood folder

OK, I just verified all of the sky textures and am now updating the INI to reflect. Will do the same with effects, so I am wiping the giant list I currently have in the INI out and only including affected textures.

It turns out that there are 4 textures that suffer the strange conversion associated with purple sky. I can only see the problem in the DDSopt previewer, but the Primary (destination) gets messed with these four:

sky\alpha.dds=SKP

sky\masser_new.dds=SKP

sky\secunda_new.dds=SKP

When i view several other sky\ textures the Primary (Destination) doesnt look right after optimization.

Posted Image  Posted Image  Posted Image  Posted Image  Posted Image  Posted Image

Im using the Nexus DDSopt, all settings as per OP and Wiki. When i view the textures in IrfanView they look fine. Is DDSopt just displaying the texture incorrectly or has it been corrupted?

Order of images - Vanilla, Optimized, Vanilla, Optimized, Vanilla, Optimized

sky\alpha.dds=SKP

sky\masser_new.dds=SKP

sky\secunda_new.dds=SKP

When i view several other sky\ textures the Primary (Destination) doesnt look right after optimization.

Posted Image  Posted Image  Posted Image  Posted Image  Posted Image  Posted Image

Im using the Nexus DDSopt, all settings as per OP and Wiki. When i view the textures in IrfanView they look fine. Is DDSopt just displaying the texture incorrectly or has it been corrupted?

Order of images - Vanilla, Optimized, Vanilla, Optimized, Vanilla, Optimized

If you provide those texture names, I will add them to the INI on the wiki ... I could have sworn that I added all of these, but I may have missed a couple :dry: ...?

If you provide those texture names, I will add them to the INI on the wiki ... I could have sworn that I added all of these, but I may have missed a couple :dry: ...?

The INI needs to moved on the Guide to somewhere before the users start with the DDSopt instructions; not at the end of the guide after they've already been processing textures. :P (or at least mention somewhere before the instructions to grab it before processing)

If you provide those texture names' date=' I will add them to the INI on the wiki ... I could have sworn that I added all of these' date=' but I may have missed a couple :dry: ...?[/quote'']

The INI needs to moved on the Guide to somewhere before the users start with the DDSopt instructions; not at the end of the guide after they've already been processing textures. :P (or at least mention somewhere before the instructions to grab it before processing)

Please feel free to update it or anything else where it is obvious ;)

If you provide those texture names' date=' I will add them to the INI on the wiki ... I could have sworn that I added all of these' date=' but I may have missed a couple :dry: ...?[/quote'']

Please feel free to update it or anything else where it is obvious ;)

I've been leaving this guide to Kelmych so it he doesn't get it to by the time I do, I'll do it.

Textures to be added to INI:

sky\masser_full.dds

sky\masser_half_wan.dds

sky\masser_half_wax.dds

sky\masser_one_wan.dds

sky\masser_one_wax.dds

sky\masser_three_wan.dds

sky\masser_three_wax.dds

sky\moonshadow.dds

sky\secunda_full.dds

sky\secunda_half_wan.dds

sky\secunda_half_wax.dds

sky\secunda_one_wan.dds

sky\secunda_one_wax.dds

sky\secunda_three_wan.dds

sky\secunda_three_wax.dds

sky\skyrimconstellations01.dds

sky\skyrimconstellations02.dds

Why do these particular textures cause this problem? Is there something unique about them? I worry that there are other textures like this which havent been discovered yet.

If Ethatron drops in maybe he could shed some light on whether DDSopt could detect and process these types of textures automatically without manually discovering them and adding to INI.

Textures to be added to INI:

sky\masser_full.dds

sky\masser_half_wan.dds

sky\masser_half_wax.dds

sky\masser_one_wan.dds

sky\masser_one_wax.dds

sky\masser_three_wan.dds

sky\masser_three_wax.dds

sky\moonshadow.dds

sky\secunda_full.dds

sky\secunda_half_wan.dds

sky\secunda_half_wax.dds

sky\secunda_one_wan.dds

sky\secunda_one_wax.dds

sky\secunda_three_wan.dds

sky\secunda_three_wax.dds

sky\skyrimconstellations01.dds

sky\skyrimconstellations02.dds

Why do these particular textures cause this problem? Is there something unique about them? I worry that there are other textures like this which havent been discovered yet.

If Ethatron drops in maybe he could shed some light on whether DDSopt could detect and process these types of textures automatically without manually discovering them and adding to INI.

I checked and most of these probably will not have any issues (I defer to Ethatron though) ...

Either the alpha channel will mask the pieces that are pixelated in most cases (e.g., around the edges of the moon in the primary channel), or the pixelated parts are not visible on the model.

The constellations seem problematic though, so I will add them.