Detailmap Seamfix (by zzjay)

TechAngel85

Discussion topic:
Detailmap Seamfix by zzjay
Wiki Link

• Considered and failed testing for v2.3. It's not needed within our setup.

This helps to hide neck seams on actors when the blankdetailmap texture isn't included by authors. Since Step currently uses some vanilla textures for beast races, it would be a good idea to test this for the Guide.

Tech:
I have done some very light testing by allowing this mod to overwrite Tempered Skins, since those mods include the blankdetailmap texture. Results were mostly worse seams than before; therefore, I would recommend the placement of this mod to be before the Tempered Skins mods; allowing them to overwrite this one.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/2/2023 at 3:37 PM, TechAngel85 said:

I have done some very light testing by allowing this mod to overwrite Tempered Skins, since those mods include the blankdetailmap texture. Results were mostly worse seams than before; therefore, I would recommend the placement of this mod to be before the Tempered Skins mods; allowing them to overwrite this one.

Have you confirmed that it fixes anything in our setup? If so, it's a no brainer, IMO

21 hours ago, z929669 said:

Have you confirmed that it fixes anything in our setup? If so, it's a no brainer, IMO

It would mainly be on the beast races and I know the Khajiits have a seam. I haven't looked for any to see if it fixed on them yet. I only tested it see what it was doing with Tempered Skin and it needs to be place above it in the list for testing. I haven't had the motivation for any modding, but I could probably test tomorrow sometime. 

34 minutes ago, TechAngel85 said:

It would mainly be on the beast races and I know the Khajiits have a seam. I haven't looked for any to see if it fixed on them yet. I only tested it see what it was doing with Tempered Skin and it needs to be place above it in the list for testing. I haven't had the motivation for any modding, but I could probably test tomorrow sometime. 

No worries. I can take a look at some point. I have saves of all the races I think.

16 hours ago, z929669 said:

No worries. I can take a look at some point. I have saves of all the races I think.

I found Khajiits and it doesn't make any difference due to the fur. It just always looks like a line. I think CoverKhajiits was better than vanilla after seeing it in-game for some time. The faces were much better detailed and the neck line wasn't as bad.

I wasn't able to find any Argonians, as the normal places to look didn't have them present...likely AIO causing them to move about.

• 1 year later...